Airtricity Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellent Staff"

Current Employee - County Antrim in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - County Antrim in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Pros

Good working environment with excellent people who make working life easy

Cons

No issues working with this company

Advice to Management

Keep looking after staff and encouraging an excellent working environment

2. "Call centre"

Former Employee - Call Centre in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Former Employee - Call Centre in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Pros

Free breakfast on payday. Cold sausage baps with no butter

Cons

Targets that keep changing. Compliance mad. Mini managers always ready to do you over

Advice to Management

Stop blowing smoke up people who don't deserve it

3. "Sickening bully boy tactics for newbies"

Current Employee - Gas Department in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - Gas Department in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Pros

Good salary, Good pension, sociable working hours, great incentives such a tickets for events etc strong health and safety policy and very clean office environment

Cons

You cannot trust the managers, team leaders or trainers (obviously not all of them but a high percentage nonetheless) Have witnessed a lot of the newer staff being the butt of jokes and being talked about in public areas in the office with no discretion whatsoever, highly unprofessional behaviour, heard a trainer from Dublin express his disdain for a number of the newer guys to a team leader who did not come to their defence, rather he joined in stressing that their performance is hurting his stats, maybe do what a TL should do and give guidance and support for somebody there less than two months??? Also you dare not take a day off with a legitimate illness as serious doubt will be cast over it, witnessed and overheard trainers talking about how one guy was treating the company as a walkover despite having doctors notes expressing the seriousness of his condition, disgusting behaviour. One guy already walked out last week to work in a bar over the things he was hearing, says it all really doesn't it?

Advice to Management

Keep a very close eye on what's going on in the Belfast office. It's not so much the staff that have been in belfast over the years in gas, credit control etc but the new appointments from the Dublin office for the home and business dept. They're not winning over us that have been here for a few years let alone the new guys that they're giving a hard time to, ROI bully boy tactics won't work here.

5. "Outsourced Residential Energy Advisor"

Current Employee - Residential Energy Advisor in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - Residential Energy Advisor in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Airtricity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Self Management
    Work at own pace
    Good pay
    Opportunity for advancement

Cons

Ever changing sales targets
    Working in poor weather
    No fuel allowance
    High staff turnover
    No job security

6. "Good community feel"

Pros

People work together well and look out for each other

Cons

It’s part of a big organization so like many other there are processes and procedures to follow, which can feel cumbersome sometimes

7. "Can't seriously recommend this place. Only if you're stuck."

Former Employee - Customer Service in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Airtricity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job is very easy, the office is nice and bright, take no work home at all, most of the people I worked with directly were sound. Luas right outside, bike lock up in the basement, nice and quiet around the building. Got to talk to some great customers, I remember the nicer ones more than the angry ones. Relaxed environment in many ways..

Cons

The only placed I've ever worked where being confident and ambitious was seen as arrogance. Any other place I've worked in you were asked what more you wanted for yourself, career, continued learning, etc. Not in SSE Airtricity. I wanted to learn and do more, some of the middle managers raised eyebrows and gave the whole 'too big for your boots' shtick. Had to get out, no chance for real progress in there. Some middle management thought €30k per year was a very senior salary amount, talked about living wage. That's fair enough if you live with your parents, but rent has to be paid...

Some of the staff were just uncivilised, I didn't always get the feeling I was working with good talent, I'm sorry to say.

Management seemed underworked, maybe there was too many of them. They seemed to focus a lot on nonsense like discipline, etc. I got in trouble for something and had to have 3 meetings with management, no disciplinary, etc. (See above - too big for your boots) I haven't known management to have so much time to drag things out, should be short, direct, carry on. Was just a bit pathetic, made me lose respect for the company to be honest.

Staff constantly complained about the lack of parking, I got sick of listening to it. You're not entitled to a parking space cos you choose to drive. It's 2017/2018 - carparks cost millions, it's up to you to get to work, cycle, take the luas, take a bus. Nobody is entitled to a car park space unless they're senior management, even then, depends on the company. Working in the city centre now, there's no parking with this job. Everyone sorts own transport, you wanna park, pay yourself in a multi story.

Advice to Management

To very senior management; streamline your middle and dept management, try to route out the nepotism. Have more structured continuous learning and improvement. There's too many people doing too little work. You could increase salaries if you got rid of all the middle management and supervisors.

"Only for the people I wouldn't have stayed as long!"

I worked at Airtricity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People were lovely. There was a great team spirit
    Move to new building was great.

Cons

Salaries were not in line with market vendors
    When company moved staff parking was not considered was a huge issue.
    Bonus & benefits were pointless and not reviewed fairly didn't matter how hard you worked.
    Management were unapproachable & unhelpful, how they are still in managerial positions I don't know.

"Too many clicks......Management is a joke."

I have been working at Airtricity full-time

Pros

Location is great,that's about it.

Cons

Only way to get promoted is to be part of the golf society or play table tennis.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting friends

"Needs so much improvement."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leopardstown (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leopardstown (Ireland)

Pros

Great colleagues(Not at management level)
    Lovely Office
    Interesting Industry

Cons

Nepotism - Its the main problem here. Great people are not given the oppertunitues they deserve and could excel in because the jobs are given to family/friends/family friends etc.
    Awful Management - In my 3 years here I worked in 2 different departments. I had 4 team leads and 2 managers, and every one was awful. Every manager/team lead is part of a cliche. They will always remain like this because of the nepotism. If you are not part of it, you have no hope of ever progressing in this company, no matter how hard you work/long you are there/well suited for the job. It was my main reason for leaving and many others who I worked alongside who felt they were wasting time here. The managers are like children in here, swanning around in cliches, having the "LOLZ" with their cliches. If you are a part of the cliche you can do whatever you like, take time off for golf, table tennis, longer lunch etc.
    Wages - Scarily bad. So underpaid compared to competitors.
    Surveys - Its like they try to brainwash you into thinking its a great place to work. Its not. No one believes it in there. I once had a manager preach about how honest everyone should be, and then when the scores came out, was asking staff who spoke negatively to come forward to "resolve" the issues even though its "anonymous". It made people feel uncomfortable.
    Facilities/Reception - Awfully mannered front of house staff. Whether its just greeting you (you get a grump), parking queries, forgot your access pass, anything they are ALL extremely rude - and for FRONT of HOUSE too! Its laughable.

Advice to Management

Stop the nepotism - You will never have the correct people in the correct jobs - and the correct people will leave due to feeling worthless, seeing people less deserving getting the roles.
    The pay seriously needs to be looked at.
    The managers need to grow up and start acting like managers and not friends/head of cliches.
    Get some welcoming staff on the front desk! People starting work do not wanted to be greeted with a sour face.

"AbsoluteTurmoil"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Airtricity full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Clean open office environment some great people although moral at an all time low

Cons

Company in turmoil, no direction, poor leadership, cronyism, nepotism and management don't listen to the staff.

Great place to work initiative is awkwardly superficial and complete waste of time. There are a lot of limited senior managers who are incompetent and out of their depth who refuse to accept anything other than manufactured positivity.

NPS results being manipulated by underpressure staff and customers leaving on mass.

Avoid at all costs

Advice to Management

Listen to staff, stop the cronyism, cut out the artificial positivity and face facts, every department is in turmoil and all the talent have walked leaving a huge knowledge gap, ask yourself why???