Alcumus Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 25 Jan 2020

4.5
Alcumus Group CEO Alyn Franklin
Alyn Franklin
Pros
  • "CEO and Senior management team are passionate about embedding an ethos which puts it's people at the heart of the business(in 6 reviews)

• "In terms of support, the senior management team are easily approachable should they be needed, which is a refreshing change(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The fast pace is energising, but if you struggle with change it may not be the right organisation for you(in 3 reviews)

• "No cons at present worthy of a comment(in 3 reviews)

1. "Really enjoyable place to work"

Former Employee - Paralegal in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at Alcumus Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people across all of the offices who are really helpful and welcoming. There is a genuine feeling that the company is interested in your personal development which is more impressive given the Group's rate of growth. The legal team is an exciting place to work given how varied the work is. Plenty of responsibility and develops your skills in all areas. Sam and Suzie are great people to work with. Senior management are fully integrated with the rest of the office. Very anti-bureaucracy and hierarchy.

Cons

Going through a period of real growth and change so if you enjoy a more settled role and workplace then this might not be for you.

Alcumus Group2020-01-17
  2. "Supportive and Encouraging Environment"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Alcumus Group full-time

Pros

Support, in so many ways. From the benefits offered to if you need additional support on a personal/well-being level. So much has changed in the company over the past few years but it's all been for the better. I cannot enthuse enough about being able to discuss a chronic condition with my line manager and have support to "feel better" and be encouraged to "be better" at the same time. I've now been able to progress into a job role which is an amazing opportunity and to know the Company listens and does as much as it can for employees just adds to how much I hope I'm here for many years to come.

Cons

The fast pace of the business isn't for everyone, but if you love being busy then this isn't an issue.

Advice to Management

Keep developing the communication and technology, these areas are so vital. Keep delivering on your aims, what you offer us in terms of benefits and being transparent in how the Company is doing.

Alcumus Group2020-01-16
  3. "Passionate Employer"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at Alcumus Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and the culture here is excellent! There’s a real work hard play hard environment with people laughing on the floor every day. High energy, high reward, canteen on site, career progression, excellent company benefits, free onsite parking in Cardiff office, recreation room, involved and approachable CEO. Generally a fantastic employer to work for.

Cons

This is a fast paced employer which worked for me but it won’t work for all. Your role will not be the only role you do and you will be expected to involve yourself in other areas. There are very high expectations and management will be looking for people to constantly be moving forward and driving the business upwards (which is a good thing). However, if you like to get comfortable in a role by simply getting your work done and going home, this role may not be for you.

Advice to Management

Although I believe management to be on the right path generally, they could be more open to being challenged. They should harness the creativity of alternative viewpoints even if they don’t necessarily agree.

Alcumus Group2020-01-25
  4. "A supportive employer with great potential"

Former Employee - Head of Marketing in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at Alcumus Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive culture, lots of opportunity for progression, approachable senior management team

Cons

Some systems improvement needed (which is recognised)

Advice to Management

Keep speaking to staff and relaying the plan for the business so that everyone buys in.

Alcumus Group2019-12-04

"Impressive"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Cardiff, Wales

I have been working at Alcumus Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Value centric (truly - many say this and aren't). Positive atmosphere and business is performing well.

Cons

Longer commute, but there is flexibility in working locations.

Advice to Management

I look forward to helping the business on it's impressive trajectory.

Alcumus Group2019-08-13

"Wow!! What a welcome."

Current Employee - Technical Sales Officer in Manchester, England

I have been working at Alcumus Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Started here in June, so far, the pros are; Internal recruitment team (Beth Jenkins) were fast and constantly in touch, very quick turn around Interview process was slick Excellent induction by Amelia Excellent training Shown around the Cardiff office to meet the staff All equipment was ready, laptop, keyboard mouse etc. Joined my team in Manchester and made to feel very welcome. Company values run deep across the company

Cons

So far, no cons. Maybe an early finish on a Friday. But 5 isn’t too bad.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Alcumus Group2019-06-28

"A great place to work with a forwards looking management team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nantgarw, Wales

I have been working at Alcumus Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been working at Alcumus for approximately a year. I haven't got a bad word to say. The company is investing heavily in tech and people in an attempt to become best in class for its software. I think they can achieve this. During my time here I have faced several unforeseen difficulties not related to work necessitating me taking large amounts of time of. The company could not have been more accommodating. From HR to my line manager, my treatment was first class. A great deal of thought and care, plus aftercare was provided to me, nothing was too much trouble. I have never worked anywhere where its people are considered so integral a part of the company. If you want to work hard, you'll get out more than you put in. the perks and discounts on everyday items are unexpected but gratefully received, the pension more than fair. with Alyn at the helm this company appears to only be going upwards.

Cons

Communication can be an issue. Spread over several sites in the UK it is sometimes difficult to work out what is going on where. This is not a detriment as such, its just an observation and common in multi-site companies

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing!

Alcumus Group2019-06-10

"Autonomy"

Current Employee - Snelling Human Resources Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Alcumus Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Autonomy to do job well to meet client needs. Great WLB, feel listened too. Great clients.

Cons

None to note. Great employer

Alcumus Group2019-06-13

"Not a great place to work"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Alcumus Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- My team were very friendly - Lots of driven people

Cons

- A lot of saying and not doing - Poor pay - Lack of respect

Alcumus Group2019-04-14

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Auditor in London, England

I have been working at Alcumus Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have enjoyed my time with Alcumus. The company have a strong set of values that are demonstrated from the top down. The Senior Team are strong, with some great new additions that bring an air of positivism. Our business MD is a breath of fresh air and her arrival is turning the business around. I have recently had a tough time personally losing a member of my family and cannot fault the support from my management team and Senior HR Business Partner. I havent felt like a number here, i feel like people care. The benefits are good, company events are brilliant, my team manager is supportive. A focus on well being is shining through

Cons

There is a lot of travel in my role but it's the nature of the role. The only con for me is a mix of IT systems. i know this is being fixed.

Advice to Management

Keep going we're on a good path. We're behind you on the ride

Alcumus Group2019-03-07