Alcumus Employee Reviews about "colleague"
74% would recommend to a friend
(17 total reviews)
82% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management unless you worked for the equally shameful carillon in the past you have no chance for progression “jobs for the boys”" (in 9 reviews)
- "Senior management don't care at all" (in 5 reviews)
- "Low pay compared to roles in other companies" (in 3 reviews)
- "Lack of clear and consistent communication" (in 3 reviews)
Found 17 of over 237 reviews
Updated 4 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "colleague"Return to all Reviews
- 1.09 May 2023Office AdministratorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Sonexwork colleagues are good to work with
Selling half the company has lowered morale. Managers lie constantly CEO and other main leadership just care about themselves6
- 5.020 Sept 2023Presales ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsCardiff, Wales
Fair and fun place to work with colleagues
A company that works hard to drive you forward2Alcumus Response3mo
Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with Alcumus so far. We are pleased to hear your positive feedback. if there is any support that you may need, please do reach out to your line manager, the people team or myself directly. Many thanks, Lucy Keen, Talent & Operations Partner
- 5.025 Jul 2022TalentCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- Fantastic people and a lovely social environment working with really diverse and forward thinking colleagues - Complete autonomy and empowerment - Energising pace of business Interesting growth plans and no day is the same - Have gained really good progression here and have always felt supported by my team and manager, never feel like you're putting anyone out on limb and everyone is willing to help - It's nice to work for a company that is actually doing something meaningful and making a step change in our industry
- The business is growing and scaling at pace and this isn't always for everyone, but you really do get out of it what you put in here and I feel there is a clear path ahead that doesn't make this a negative in my eyes6
- 5.06 Jul 2020Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearToronto, ON
- they'll provide you with the latest hardware and software to effectively onboard you and set you up for success - Leadership is solid with a family-like vibe that will support your success and keep you accountable towards achieving your goals - A fun, energizing, geeky and cool culture across the board - Colleagues are very supportive, come from all walks of life to share diverse perspectives and embrace in new ideas - Fully equipped to work-from-home!
- Room for improvement on the scheduling of meetings (not a major concern) - Room for improvement on creating flexible options with Health Benefits (great standard benefits though)
- 1.020 Jul 2021SalesFormer EmployeeCardiff, Wales
Great team of colleagues just a shame about the management staff.
Awful leadership, only concerned about changing titles rather than managing their team. Will screw over staff to promote themselves.5Alcumus Response2y
Thank you for leaving feedback on your experience with Alcumus. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with our colleagues. As a fast growing business we take feedback seriously to ensure that Alcumus is a place our employees want to work and we continuously aim to improve based on the reviews we receive. If you wish to discuss any of the feedback further, then please don't hesitate to contact myself or the people team. My email is email@example.com.
- 5.028 Jul 2022Associate ConsultantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearStratford-upon-Avon, England
Good Health Plan Good Management Helpful Colleagues
Annual Salary Salary Bottle Neck once it highest position5Alcumus Response2y
Thanks so much for your feedback on Alcumus and we are pleased that you enjoy some of the many benefits Alcumus has to offer its teams. If you ever would like to reach out and discuss your experiences or any further feedback you can reach me on firstname.lastname@example.org Nathan Hopkins - Global Head of Talent
- 5.020 Nov 2020Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Fast paced, growing company that has lots of potential. Great colleagues and company has good wellbeing programme for employees
Maybe too fast paced for some1Alcumus Response3y
Hi Thank you for your review. It's great to read that you feel you're part of a great company with great colleagues. Made me smile to see the wellbeing programme mentioned too, so important whilst we are all stuck at home! If there is anything you like to add, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly: email@example.com
- 4.012 Feb 2023Customer Care AdvisorCurrent Employee
Everyone is extremely welcoming and treating colleagues like your 'work family' is massively encouraged which I adore. The benefits that we get as part of the job are awesome and as this is my first office roll, I feel like I've been introduced to the roll at a good pace.
Although everyone is amazing I do feel like there's a little bit of office politics going on which I'm not quite used to.1
- 1.018 Aug 2022Senior Software DeveloperFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCardiff, Wales
Colleagues are generally laidback and good to talk to.
Upper management recently hired two middle managers with no technical ability to run a long-standing software development team. These managers, who don't even know what XML or unit testing is, decided to micromanage a highly experienced team by heavily imposing SCRUM. We went from having one standup a day to 3 meetings a day, sometimes more, and they overran frequently. It was all extremely distracting and benefitted nobody except the managers. Not one, not two, but several senior developers left after this happened. The day one speech from top management to new hires felt like an induction to a cult. Lots of platitudes and no substance. The technology is old and several generations behind, but at least that's in the process of actively being upgraded.12Alcumus Response2y
Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on Alcumus and I am very open to discussing this further with you if desired. We strive to continuously improve our recruitment process based on feedback and in doing so, have established a robust process that assesses both technical competence and behavioural outputs across Technology, to ensure we instill the right approach and culture within the tech community and largely this is felt within the real time feedback scores we receive. Alcumus is on a growth journey and our use of SCRUM on this trajectory enables us to complete project deliverables quickly and efficiently, allow large scale transformation projects to be broken down and have regular catch up's to create clear visibility, which was a direct implementation of ways of working that followed feedback from the broader teams and to enable us to evolve our tech and approach to product development. Alcumus have also greatly improved our induction process to ensure that new starters have an authentic Alcumus experience and meet people along the way that bring this to life more, along with deeper dive details on our products, values and teams. As with any growing business we are continuously striving to improve as we grow and if you would like to talk through this feedback in more detail then I am always open to chatting this through. Nathan Hopkins - Global Head of Talent, firstname.lastname@example.org