Alexander Mann Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Alexander Mann Solutions Reviews

Updated 13 February 2019

3.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance is really good" (in 45 reviews)

• "Flexible working option is excellent and allows for a work/life balance" (in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work is dependent on client demands, and this can sometimes impact work-life balance" (in 22 reviews)

• "Lack of career progression opportunities" (in 16 reviews)

1. "People focussed"

Current Employee - Director in London, England
    Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Genuinely believe that people are at the heart of this business! There is a level of care beyond anything I have seen elsewhere.

Cons

None - great place to be part of the team

Advice to Management

Keep caring, keep pushing!

2. "Good culture, great people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Peers are good. Nice working with a bunch of like minded, smart people

Cons

Although flexible working is in place so great for people with kids etc but the workload is often very high so it is a struggle. Feels like the trade off to have flexible working.

Advice to Management

Implement more manageable workloads

3. "Feedback for AMS"

Current Employee - Principal Sourcing Specialist in London, England
    Current Employee - Principal Sourcing Specialist in London, England

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

excellent employer; work-life balance; career development; diversity; variety within role; good management

Cons

Salary is usually 20-25% below market standard

Advice to Management

Improve salary levels for staff

4. "6 years On"

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time

Pros

Work from is option, salary is good

Cons

little career development nd hours can be long

5. "Poor salary"

Current Employee - Sourcer in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - Sourcer in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home but that’s it

Cons

Salary is terrible. If you have hopes and dreams of traveling and saving forget about it with the salary in Belfast. They only care about one thing and that is making money but not looking after their staff financially.

Advice to Management

Pay better

"Always trying to be a great employer, but its being run way too lean financially!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work-life balance is really driven as a priority by everyone and employee well-being is talked about a lot, with lots of effort put in to make it a reality, which is great. This includes a lot of work on flexible working and enabling people to work patterns/times etc that suit them. I think AMS is really setting a great example in this field. They also do a lot of CSR activities and the values of the business are really pushed through and so many people demonstrate them. Its the people make this company . They really are the foundation of the success AMS has had and they have so many ideas and really want to do well and work hard for the business. The ambition and desire to grow and innovate is really great and its always nice to see the company recognised for the various awards that it wins regularly.

Cons

The business is run so financially lean its unreal. There are so many teams especially in corporate functions but on accounts as well who are under-resourced or need better systems to be able to really do their job well, but there is no investment in the serious proper systems they need to do it. So many people work so hard just to keep things ticking over and operating and they wear themselves out because they want the business to do well and don't want to then be rated poorly in their performance review. Its a real shame when people at more entry level then get upset with the managers, because they themselves are under pressure to continually make savings all the time and reduce costs. It might well look to some people like good financial management, but to those doing the work, it often feels like torture. Trying to continually do more and more, but with less and less. The business was sold for a huge amount of money to new investors this year, and yet when we want to invest in new things we can't because its too expensive or it would eat into the profits that we have promised we will deliver to the new investors.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to make the company a great place to work and keep engaging with people.
    Please though, please stop stripping things back to the bare bones. Good people stay because of their colleagues, but you're burning those good people out. So many people work so hard because they want to see the company do well, but every year we end up spending at least half the year chasing after savings and any more strategic projects or ideas get canned again and again. Give the teams and the managers the support and investment they need. Being cost conscious is one thing, but handicapping everyone each year is hurting your people. Please, give us some breathing space and stop making the financial targets so ambitious so that we then spend our time trying to make savings everywhere, when we've already been set stretching budgets anyway.

"Good Points/Bad Points"

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good points Flexible Working
    Multinational Accounts
    No Sales at recruiter level.

Cons

Very lean
    Highly stressful
    Unmanageable volumes
    Support network over stretched and undertrained.
    Poor Bonus
    Career Development unless you are in London - limited

Advice to Management

On the larger accounts ensure that they are fully staffed to ensure volumes are manageable. The support network is great in theory but as soon as colleagues are trained they are they moved about and processes change again which then sets everything back. I think its time for consistency and stick to something for a while - I have been with the business just over 2 years and the amount of changes made has not improved things but only made things worse. I would also ask for the management to get closer to the teams on the ground as they are not seeing what we encounter on a daily basis.

"Overworked"

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time

Pros

Flexible working is a benefit

Cons

Do not have the resource to manage to demands of the client

"AMS review"

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time

Pros

AMS offer the flexibility to work from home and encourage a WLB.
    Very good atmosphere among team members, it is great to work alongside colleagues who continue to build eachother up.
    Opportunities to move across accounts and network with other colleagues in different industries

Cons

Poor bonus structure
    Career development and progression opportunities ought to be more standardised

10. "Head of Research"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible working and a business with size & scale and great career mobility options

Cons

really can't think of many except clients often view us as purely an RPO provider

Advice to Management

Nil