Alton Towers Resort Reviews
67% would recommend to a friend
(199 total reviews)
78% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Long hours and lack of hour notice" (in 18 reviews)
- "Poor management with appalling experience and qualification that have nothing to do with the job they’re supposed to be doing." (in 13 reviews)
- "Managers do not appreciate you as people, you are nothing more than an ID number to them." (in 11 reviews)
- "Minimum wage combined with the knowledge that you are doing 5 other peoples job roles completely demoralises the staff." (in 8 reviews)
- "Wages can be on the low side, along with long hours making for a difficult work/life balance." (in 5 reviews)
Found 199 of over 240 reviews
Updated 28 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.028 Nov 2023HousekeeperCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAlton Towers, England
The hours was good. Plus tickets are brilliant making friends too.
The managers and TLS are not very nice. They will move you from your position when you improve. They and put you on something that your not comfortable doing. They will separate you from your friends and don't like seen you happy. A job should not be like this but it is.
- 4.030 Oct 2023HousekeeperFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Good first job for students Lots of benefits through Merlin Great training Plenty of leeway for slow learners
Can be difficult to complete all the rooms within the allotted time Can be difficult and/or expensive to get to without your own transport Very strict uniform policies1
- 4.012 Aug 2023Ride HostCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Always something to do Fun Great colleagues Lower management is ok Decent benefits
Poor availability of staff parking Takes a long time to get out of the car park with other guests Should get free fastrack on visits Pay isn't very good for the amount of work and knowledge needed
- 2.024 Sept 2023Waitress/BartenderFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Tickets after working for awhile.
No physical training given. Was expected to pour alcoholic drinks at 16, again, no training provided. Wasn't worth the travel costs/time.1
- 2.024 Jun 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearAlton, West Midlands, England
Lego discount and free tickets.
Low page, dirty facilities, poor training, toxic bullying culture. Health and safety is a second thought. Management turns a blind eye to abuse and they cover up for incidents that should be police matters.Alton Towers Resort Response6mo
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our Glassdoor Page. We're so sorry that you feel this way, please email us at email@example.com to discuss further. Best wishes, Alton Towers Resort Recruitment Team
Alton Towers Resort Reviews FAQs
Alton Towers Resort has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 240 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Alton Towers Resort to a friend and 35% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.
67% of Alton Towers Resort employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Alton Towers Resort 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.