Alzheimer's Research UK Reviews

1. 5.0

Great Induction

May 25, 2021 - Regional Fundraising Officer in Birmingham, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive recruitment process & interview. Welcoming team. Thorough induction. Effective communication.

Cons

I have no cons as yet!

Continue reading
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great team

Jul 6, 2021 - Fundraiser in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible job and supportive team

Cons

No London office and difficult to get to head office from the city

3. 5.0

Best charity employer!

May 18, 2021 - Senior Supporter Care Officer in Cambridge, East of England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic culture, staff really friendly, great general inductions (with all levels of staff), excellent online courses and an in depth training programme for my role. A good balance of working from home and in the office.

Cons

I had expected more direct contact with supporters in my role.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

A driven, passionate and innovative charity.

May 14, 2021 - Director in Cambridge, East of England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collective purpose, enthusiasm, drive and creativity.

Cons

Office location could be limiting, although agile working is highly supported.

Alzheimer's Research UK Response

Thank you for such a positive review, and great to see that even after 10+ years you still feel this way. The launch of our new agile working in July will definite help in terms of office location, though it should still be noted that with car sharing and the direct bus from the station there are definitely ways to get in if you don't drive.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

An amazing place to work

Feb 9, 2021 - Corporate Partnerships Executive in Cambridge, East of England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Couldn't possibly fault ARUK. It's an incredible place to work. The culture is brilliant, the people are lovely and every single person is incredibly talented, friendly and willing to go above and beyond for the supporters and the cause. We have an incredible senior leadership team that are very approachable, transparent and you feel as though they care about every person there.

Cons

Doesn't always feel like there's much opportunity to progress up.

Alzheimer's Research UK Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It is fantastic that you recognise the positive culture. We shall ensure that your comment regarding progression is looked into.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The most supportive organisation I've ever worked for!

Mar 10, 2021 - Direct Marketing Executive in Cambridge, East of England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, Supportive, Caring, Engaging, Organised, Informative

Cons

Would be nice to mix with other teams more

Alzheimer's Research UK Response

Thank you for such a lovely review. ARUK are very proud of how we treat our employees, and to have this recognised means we're doing this well. Hopefully once we are able to return to the office you will be able to mix more with other teams - our open plan layout aims for inclusivity and that all employees can mix.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

LinkedIn Learning - bonus!

Dec 9, 2020 - Regional Fundraiser
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company to work for. So invested in all employees and have handled the whole pandemic in a supportive and encouraging manner. Just last week we've also been gifted with LinkedIn Learning - the charity knowing that face-face learning will be off the cards for a while! I really can't fault this charity and am so proud to be part of it.

Cons

I actually can't think of any!

Continue reading

Alzheimer's Research UK Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a glowing review. Its wonderful to hear how happy you are in your role, and how well LinkedIn Learning has gone down.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent place to work

Apr 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good cause - Interesting work - Modern outlook - Flexible working policies

Cons

- Limited opportunities for promotion

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Really great place to work

Dec 10, 2020 - Research Manager in Cambridge, East of England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

-There's lot of trust and flexibility in how and when you do your job. -Incredible emphasis on mental health, and making the experience of wfh during a pandemic as positive as possible. -Always promoting and encouraging self-development. Recently all employees got access to Linkedin Learning, which is just outstanding. -Huge interest from the charity in improving, in listening to employees and finding better ways of doing things -People are great!

Cons

-Have not found any in my first 6 months!

Alzheimer's Research UK Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s wonderful to hear how happy you are in your first 6 months, especially given how challenging and different this year has been. We strive to ensure the health, wellbeing and happiness of employees so it’s lovely to see this is working.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great working culture

Dec 14, 2020 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Senior Leadership team and HR department are really dedicated to promoting well-being and creating a healthy working environment, which has been particularly important in 2020. This includes: - flexible working hours - Mind Mental Health training for employees (and additional training for line managers) - WellBeing Wednesdays - with a different focus each week - Access to LinkedIn Learning

Cons

None that I can think of

Alzheimer's Research UK Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We strive to ensure the health, wellbeing and happiness of employees so it’s lovely to hear this.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Reviews