Found 7,114 of over 8K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "flights benefits are great and being the biggest airlines in the world lets me move to any position i want !" (in 858 reviews)
- "The flight benefits are great and many positions at the corporate office provide some kind of hybrid model." (in 750 reviews)
- "Is a great place to work at with great travel benefits for friends and family." (in 390 reviews)
- "The other people you work with are great and are the real reasons to stay." (in 307 reviews)
- "Coworkers are great and it is decent" (in 96 reviews)
- "Low pay and very political" (in 341 reviews)
- "Poor management and schedule now" (in 330 reviews)
- "The long hours and living out of your suitcase for days on end can be challenging." (in 178 reviews)
- "Low salary and not time during the job for keep trainings" (in 120 reviews)
- "Even overnight people who had to drive to an empty office where managers don't even show up and sit alone in an office for 8" (in 92 reviews)
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW24 Feb 2023Flight AttendantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBoston, MA
Free Travel Amazing People Great Company Fun and Always Changing Job
Long Hours Early Days and Late Nights Hard to Live in Certain Cities with the First Year Pay8
- 1.025 Nov 2023Bagagge Service AgentFormer Employee, less than 1 yearHeathrow, England
Free travel in USA ,only thing
Travel benefits almost impossible, standby.. 11.92£ p/hour. Seniority privilege . Roster 5 days on 2 off.. bad management
- 2.04 Jul 2023Customer Service Representative (CSR)Former Employee, more than 1 yearNewcastle upon Tyne, England
Good colleagues on the phones
Poor management styles, little to no interest in individual development
- 4.021 Jun 2023Agent - Reservations DepartmentCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLiverpool, England
Work from home. Nice office. Great managers and supervisors, they are very supportive.
Could pay better, not the minimum.
American Airlines Reviews FAQs
American Airlines has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 7,887 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at American Airlines to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
68% of American Airlines employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated American Airlines 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.