Amoria Bond Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Jul 18, 2021

Found 18 of over 101 reviews

4.2
Amoria Bond Directors Adam Standley, Matthew Roebuck, Ian Cross (no image)
Adam Standley, Matthew Roebuck, Ian Cross
Pros
  • "Amoria bond is a great kickstart for your future career(in 32 reviews)

• "The office is right in the centre of Amsterdam and after a hard days of work we usually go for a drink in one of the bars close by(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "no work-life balance; long hours, micromanagement; outdated IT(in 18 reviews)

• "None really - if you don’t like hard work then probably not the role for you(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Sep 28, 2017 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Amoria Bond for 3 years, it was a great place to work positive environment, great people and fantastic incentives

Cons

It's long hours but you are made aware of this, I think the basic wage could be higher as you progress but the commission is very good

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Oct 7, 2016 - Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing support and training. Unrivalled commission package. Family atmosphere. Great people.

Cons

Long hours that are needed in order to be successful. The only con is seeing other people achieve whilst you are still learning your trade!

9 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fantastic company with rewards and progression that can change your life!

Oct 7, 2016 - Team Manager in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people - a real family culture who are very supportive of one another Fantastic progression opportunities - trainee to manager in under 5 years, directors in less than 10. Fantastic incentives - 5* holiday, awesome parties and unrivalled commission structure Award winning training and development, I joined the business with no sales or even work experience, the training function gave me advice and support to become an expert in my field A solid, dedicated and passionate management team who genuinely care about their staff as well as doing a really good job.

Cons

Hours are long and expectations are high but it is all geared up to helping you to become as successful as everyone says they want to be when they join.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

FANTASTIC COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Aug 24, 2016 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast tracked career progression, great work environment, fantastic earning potential, amazing work social life

Cons

Long hours, however this is standard for any recruitment role

8 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Amazing place to work - Excellent Training and Progression

Aug 25, 2016 - Senior Consultant in Didsbury, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Amoria Bond for just over 2 years. I was initially skeptical about working in recruitment as the general stereotype of the industry is that it is dog eat dog - this couldn't be further from the truth with Amoria Bond. I immediately felt welcomed and supported by everyone here. Your management team, training team, directors and colleagues want to see you succeed meaning everyone helps each other to get the best results, there is a real family culture. The training here is second to none, it is clear, concise, detailed and tailored specifically to you which has really allowed me to grow and progress my career. The incentives are amazing - you work hard for them but they are beyond worth it.

Cons

The hours are long - but this is expected in any recruitment role and the rewards you reap are well worth it.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great environment, wouldn't change it for the world

Jun 1, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having joined Amoria Bond in 2011 I have accelerated both my professional & personal life throughout this time on a number of different levels. When I left my last employer I was quite overwhelmed with the interest that recruitment companies had towards me and found it difficult to make a decision on which was the best company for me. To this date I have no regrets and 5 years on I have hit so many of my own goals looking back and can genuinely say I work with the best people around. The rewards from Amoria Bond have allowed me to buy my dream car, my dream house and the holidays have meant I've visited some of the most amazing places in the world and to this day I never regret the decision to join this superb company.

Cons

We work harder than other recruitment businesses but the incentives are brilliant. Working long hours here isn't uncommon in order to achieve your goals

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

good

Jul 18, 2021 - Recruiter in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

can get a good commission

Cons

high number of kpi and long hours

8. 5.0

Clear Career Path, Great Earning Potential & Down-To-Earth Colleagues

Jun 3, 2021 - Principal Recruitment Consultant in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

- clear 10 step career path - high earning potential / uncapped commissions - ownership (building your own business within the business) - experienced sales professionals to learn from - fun company culture with lots of events, company trips and restaurant visits in Amsterdam - great office location in center of Amsterdam

Cons

- expectation to work long hours - very KPI driven / pressure to hit targets - strict processes

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing people

Apr 22, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's hard work but I happily go to work everyday. The collegues are amazing and everybody is always there to help. On top of that you can earn a very high commission. So if you want to work with amazing colleagues and want to earn a lot of money, this is the place to be.

Cons

You have to work long hours, however that is necessary to become successful.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible company to work for

May 19, 2021 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good location to work at.

Cons

Do not work for this company if you have any experience in recruitment, they have forms to fill out for every conversation you have which need to be strictly followed. Their moto is that there is only one way to do recruitment, the Amoria Bond way. For me, it took the fun and personality out of recruitment as every other company I worked for encouraged me to build rapport and make connections with clients and candidates, here everything felt very robotic. Also, don't expect any sort of work/life balance, you will spend long hours at the office an even be expected to go in on your weekends.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews