Amoria Bond Employee Reviews about "working at amoria"

Updated Jan 18, 2022

Found 83 of over 101 reviews

4.4
Amoria Bond Directors Adam Standley, Matthew Roebuck, Ian Cross (no image)
Adam Standley, Matthew Roebuck, Ian Cross
Pros
  • "Amoria bond is a great kickstart for your future career(in 32 reviews)

• "The office is right in the centre of Amsterdam and after a hard days of work we usually go for a drink in one of the bars close by(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "no work-life balance; long hours, micromanagement; outdated IT(in 18 reviews)

• "None really - if you don’t like hard work then probably not the role for you(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "working at amoria"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Jan 18, 2022 - Principal Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture Good progression Good money

Cons

Nothing - great company to work and if you put the work in, they will help progress your career

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing company with endless opportunities!

Oct 14, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many pros to working at Amoria Bond, just to name a few - Uncapped earning potential, Award winning training and development, 10 step progression plan, incentivised company trips abroad, lunch clubs, state of the art offices and the big plus for me is working within a really great team of people who all have the same goal....success! Amoria Bond really are all about progressing lives everywhere.

Cons

Recruitment can be tough however at Amoria Bond you are fully supported.

3. 5.0

Excellent work environment

Oct 12, 2021 - Content Creator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amoria Bond have an exceptional work environment and the entire team are welcoming and friendly. Since joining the company, I have been offered an exciting progression plan, alongside excellent incentive and bonus opportunities. I have felt welcomed within the company and would recommend Amoria Bond to anybody considering a job in recruitment.

Cons

Can be a difficult job at times, however it is incredibly rewarding

4. 5.0

Great Opportunities

Oct 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really good working environment with people who really know what they're doing so lots of help and support available. Great career opportunities, clear and transparent progression ladder. Rewarded and incentivised really well, earning potential is huge.

Cons

Like any recruitment role, you get out what you put in so hard work is required, but the company is really good at rewarding your hard work and performance.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Fine

Jul 10, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office and good people

Cons

Confused messaging from layers of management.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best Place to Work - I loved every moment

May 18, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, Training, Culture, Socials, Progression

Cons

Standards are high, but not really a negative

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Salary Review

Mar 30, 2021 - Project Administrator in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dynamic, Fast Growing, Diversity, Positive, Outlook

Cons

Distance, High Pressure, Small Business, Demanding work, Tight Deadlines

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Brilliant Place to work and achieve your financial & personal goals

Oct 1, 2020 - Principal Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic culture Great management (tailored to you as a person) Great commission structure Amazing incentives (personally travelled to Dubai, Vegas, Barcelona in 2 years) Clear progression structure all the way up to Director level Managers and board members who started in the same position as you

Cons

Sat here for 5 minutes and couldn't think of one!!

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Great place to work

Sep 19, 2020 - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, great office culture, great incentives, everyone wants each other to do really well and pushes each other and always a positive atmosphere in the office! Great on-boarding process with Tony as well, made to feel very welcomed and part of the team from day 1. The career progression opportunities and commission structure are some of the best I’ve seen

Cons

None really - if you don’t like hard work then probably not the role for you

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

If you are going to go into recruitment, you have to pick the right business!

Jul 29, 2020 - Talent Acquisition in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ok Pros, lots of them and I could (and probably will) go on and on about them, but I'll list what was important to me. 1, Some if the nicest, most inspirational people you will ever meet. You are going to spend more time with your work colleagues that anyone else, so they have to be good people. I worked at Amoria Bond for the best part of a decade and honestly, if you ask anyone for help, they will really commit to supporting you. For most people there, this is the first recruitment consultancy that they have worked for so they get the challenges and successes you will go through. So, don't be afraid to ask for help. You also won’t realise the impact of working alongside driven people on your own ability – you’ll be more successful if you can emulate successful colleagues. For me, I found it helped me aim higher and, off that back of that, I achieved more and my confidence grew. And when you achieve success, they really know how to celebrate with you – they will be your biggest fans! 2, The training. This again, really matters. The UK trainer especially is absolutely awesome - I've never seen someone get so excited about someone ELSE’s success. The business knows it's stuff when it comes to helping people really excel in recruitment, and a lot of time and money goes into training coaching and mentoring, so this would need to be important to you too. What I liked about the training was that it didn’t just teach you how to recruit, it also covers mindset, motivations, goal setting etc. so lots of stuff to help you stay focused on the bigger picture. You also get the training in different formats: individual, team based, roleplays, vision days, video, so something for every learning style which is important. I ended up heading up a division before I left and I look back and wonder where else I could have seen that level of professional development. 3, They have an unbelievable amount of incentives. Personally, I love to travel and I got the chance to go to Marbella, Marrakech, Madrid, Amsterdam, Singapore, Peru and Cologne, but that really doesn't compare to what some other people have achieved and the places they visited. I’ve seen people in the early stages of their careers are driving decent cars (BMW, Mercedes) and people who have longer service have been gifted Rolexs. The idea is to give their team members experiences that you really don’t come across every day and really reward individual success – you can see some of this on their Instagram page. You get all the standard stuff too like every Friday an early finish, lunch clubs, office fruit and casual dress (which really shouldn’t be taken for granted when you are considering an employer).

Cons

Well this probably sounds too good to be true. Be under no illusion..... Recruitment is HARD WORK. The rewards are so great and worth the hard work, but they don’t come easily. Not everyone wants hard work, or a really driven business environment and that’s ok because everyone is different. I personally wanted to be challenged, so getting into the recruitment industry worked well for me. But it’s a career, not a job and like all careers where you have potential to make serious money (six figures) you have to take it seriously and commit. The job of a recruitment consultant is the same pretty much, wherever you go, so the things I’ve mentioned in the Pros really do make the difference. There is a lot of rejection in recruitment. People don’t always expect that and some struggle to cope with being told no – so I would say be ready to experience a rollercoaster of emotions as candidates AND clients will love you one day, reject you the next and sometimes will simply vanish off the face of the earth! The one emotion you will never feel is boredom, but you have to be prepared for tough times and for things to not always work out the way you expect. My advice is think about what you have learned and then move on mentally. It will also never be just a 9 to 5 job because your candidates and clients will sometimes need you on their terms, not yours so you will need to work with that, and again, not everyone wants their career to be more than a standard working day. But in recruitment, that is what makes the role so exciting. With all this in mind, it's important that you have the right support structure around you, which is why picking the right business is so important. I would say that at Amoria Bond, there are motivated people who are passionate about getting things right - you don’t have to be perfect, but you have to be willing to aim high and just try your best to be successful.

5 people found this review helpful