Analysis Group Administrative Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 21 Jan 2019

5.0
Analysis Group President & CEO Martha S. Samuelson
Martha S. Samuelson

"Excellent company for any level position"

Current Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Analysis Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

AG only hires the best. As a result, the consultants have a lot of respect for the admin departments. Everyone is appreciative of your work, and overall it's a very supportive environment. When someone asks me if I know another employee, my answer nearly always begins with, "Oh yeah, they're really nice," whether they're top management or an analyst. We seem pretty buttoned-up from our website, but in our offices we’re fairly casual. Collaboration is truly prized here as the best way to grow, and it’s clearly working. Because it's a private company, in some ways it's like working a start-up. Can't talk about AG without mentioning the snack situation, which is exemplary; the ski/spa trip to Stowe, where they pay for your hotel and a ski or spa activity; the most lovely holiday party I (or anyone I know) has ever seen, where we basically rent out the whole MFA; a bunch of other various parties; the ping pong tournament; and much more. Keep in mind that it's a work hard/play hard kind of place. AG has a distinct culture that's a great fit for some (including me), but not everyone. What one person might describe as "entrepreneurial" and “collaborative,” another might describe as "pathless." Great if you have the drive to figure out and pursue what you love, but not so great if you want an A-B-C path to promotion. Management does try to recognize growing pains as the company continues to expand, and I've seen many changes take place to try to combat some of the challenges of working here - especially for analysts. Advisors really do appreciate feedback and want to continue building a positive environment.

Cons

Because AG only hires the best, perfection is basically mandatory. In certain instances it may be your actual job to be perfect. So, that can be stressful. Since the consultants have a (natural) focus on billable work, it can be tough to get them to focus on other items that may need their attention.

Advice to Management

Continue being mindful of negative feedback across offices and ways to fix issues.

Analysis Group2019-01-21

"Great place to work!"

Administrative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Analysis Group for less than a year

Pros

I have worked at Analysis Group just over three months in an administrative position. Although I can’t comment on the consulting experience, I can say that overall I have had a positive experience at Analysis Group (AG). When I first came to AG, people kept mentioning the culture and how it was laid back yet professional. I didn’t believe it until about 2 months in, when I realized that it really was that way! Having come from a very hierarchal previous employer, where ego and title trumped good ideas and conversation, working at AG has been a relief. Because of the more casual atmosphere, you can find Managing Partners talking to Analysts in the hallway and even have friendly conversations with the CEO, who you will see walking around the hallways. People are friendly and like to have a good time. There is constantly free food around and a ping pong table in case you need to blow off the steam. I hope prospective candidates will read this and know that they will be in good hands at AG, with interesting case work, friendly colleagues, and competitive pay/benefits.

Cons

I think the consulting career path can be tough on work/life balance, but you will encounter these issues at any consulting company. AG offers many benefits to employees to help manage this balance and HR is always helpful should there be any problems.

Analysis Group2016-03-11
  3. "Fantastic company to work for- highly recommend"

Former Employee - Administration in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Analysis Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a company that is very focused on, "work hard, play hard". The higher ups treat the staff respect, and make sure that they are always treated well, and are always encouraging that individuals expand their roles. By far, this has been my favorite employer that I have ever had, and I HIGHLY recommend that anyone considering working for Analysis Group as an employer to go for it!

Cons

Sometimes, late hours are expected, and weekend work- however, not so much that it affects you on a weekly basis. Overall, work life balance is honored and respected.

Analysis Group2014-12-19