Anglian Water Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Anglian Water Reviews

Updated 19 April 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work / life balance is the best I have ever had (in 6 reviews)

• A high engagement level and a huge investment in people whilst still maintaining an outstanding level of customer service (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Quite a lot to learn - takes about a year to feel fully comfortable (in 5 reviews)

• When you first start the job there is a lot of new information so initially it can be overwhelming- (in 4 reviews)

"The Alliance"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Lincoln, England
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some great people work here and despite the difficulties do try and do a good job for our customers. The salary is reasonable for the area.

Cons

Awful structure, high staff turnover due to micro management. Never had so many bosses working in different directions. Always quick to blame each other when jobs are delivered late. Minimal job satisfaction. Company thrives on hype. They talk the talk but then do the opposite.

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff, you are losing great people. Who ever thought a joint partnership between so many partners could be an efficient way of working is delusional.

2. "Fantastic Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic place to work. The company is a forward thinking organisation that has its employees and its customers at the center of it does. You have a great development plan from day 1 and never there is a day that goes by which is the same. The organisation allows you to grow as an employee. It challenges you to work.

Cons

The organisation is very large and as a starter 12 months ago I would have enjoyed a more formal introduction to my role in the first few weeks which I had to find out a lot for myself.

Advice to Management

To continue to support all of your team and drive as well as challenge all aspects of work.

3. "Working at Geodesys, part of Anglian Water Group"

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Huntingdon, England
    Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Huntingdon, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Geodesys is the part of the Anglian Water Group that provides information to external people and organisations, for example it supplies useful reports about properties to people buying houses, and useful reports about asset location to people about to dig up a road.
    I started work here as an Application Support Analyst in September 2017. Definitely my best career decision in years. From the start I've been welcomed as a member of the team. They're both patient and thorough explaining their systems and processes so I always feel able to ask if I don't yet understand something. I anticipate there will be plenty of scope for appropriate progression in due course. Very good remuneration package too.

Cons

Not found any cons yet.

4. "Graduate Programme"

Current Employee - Graduate Water Resources Management Trainee in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since starting in October 2017 I have had the opportunity to become involved with a wide range of really interesting projects on the first placement of my 2 year graduate programme. So far there has been a really good balance between having plenty to do whilst having good support in place if required. All Anglian Water staff have been extremely friendly without exception and have made me feel really valued as an employee. They help you to make the most out of every opportunity that arises and treat you as somebody they want to invest in for the future.

Cons

The size and diversity of the company make gaining an overall understanding of how all the teams fit together challenging.

Advice to Management

Remember to always tailor your descriptions/explanations to the knowledge/experience of the individual. As a newly started graduate I sometimes found that the enthusiasm of managers can cause the key information to be diluted in the amount of detail/acronyms.

5. "Excellent place of work"

Current Employee - Network Technician in Milton Keynes, England
    Current Employee - Network Technician in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training program to help me settle in my new role by means of training courses and shadowing more experienced employees.

Cons

Nothing in my first 3 months

"Good company to work for"

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Line managers push you to succeed without it being the main focus, progression throughout the company and good training sessions and team bonding

Cons

Can sometimes be not a good work home balance (more work than home) and sometimes a lot more expected from you that on your job description with no monetary reward.

7. "Inspiring place to work"

Current Employee - Resolutions Manager in Huntingdon, England
    Current Employee - Resolutions Manager in Huntingdon, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent investment in people
    Fully committed to ensure the best outcomes for customers which means a more satisfying job
    Excellent rewards and remuneration package

Cons

IT systems - although to be fair, a lot of investment is being made in improving these systems. And a lot more investment being made

"Good company to work for (depending on the department)"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Peterborough, England
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Peterborough, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The flexibility, good work-life balance, the opportunities to progress. I have worked with some lovely people which has really made my time in the company great.

Cons

Stressful environment, poor communication especially with hr and new prospect roles.. went for an internal interview and after chasing hr a couple of times who promised to give me an update, they still never got back to me.

Advice to Management

I've had positive and negative experiences.. I think all need to take on board the pressure that mounts at times and support their staff more.

"Best place to work at"

Current Employee - Contact Team Advisor in Peterborough, England
    Current Employee - Contact Team Advisor in Peterborough, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Anglian Water Business is a customer oriented company searching for the best ways to fulfill customers need. They have a variety of benefits, excellent salary, lots of opportunities to grow. The company appreciates what you do. Great teams all over the floor.

Cons

I would probably only suggest to get a better air conditioning system. :)

Advice to Management

Keep up with the good work.

"Not great"

I worked at Anglian Water full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mostly flexible working practices in place throughout the organisation

Cons

No effective leadership from the management I worked with. No ownership of the development of employees and a culture of 'those who stay the longest get the furthest'. Inefficiency is rife and the inability to get things done was a huge frustration throughout my time there. Not a nice area to live, not a nice place to work and I regret not getting out sooner than I did.

Advice to Management

Take time to inspire employees and build a better working culture. People are the number one asset to any organisation and although there are company-wide initiatives in place to address their culture issues, they fall well short of what is needed to truly correct the big problems this organisation suffers.