Anglian Water Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Anglian Water Reviews

Updated 6 December 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work / life balance is the best I have ever had (in 4 reviews)

• A high engagement level and a huge investment in people whilst still maintaining an outstanding level of customer service (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Quite a lot to learn - takes about a year to feel fully comfortable (in 5 reviews)

• When you first start the job there is a lot of new information so initially it can be overwhelming- (in 4 reviews)

1. "Considering a job with a water company?"

Pros

Great opportunities as the market changes

Cons

Until the market changes lots of legacy issues

Advice to Management

Resolve legacy issues and management structure

2. "Could do better"

Current Employee - Technical Manager in Peterborough, England
    Current Employee - Technical Manager in Peterborough, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Its a challenging environment that has so much potential in a fantastic industry thst serves the customer on a day to day basis. This challenge is what is great

Health & Safety is a strong focus which is very important

Cons

The company is too bureacratic with not enough chances for the technical people that the industry requires to develop. Technicsl people within thd company are stifled and sidelined

Advice to Management

Look after your technical people or you will lose them

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Supply Manager in Huntingdon and Peterborough, England
    Current Employee - Supply Manager in Huntingdon and Peterborough, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The drive and enthusiasm of the people who work here is fantastic. The company and the people who work in it really care about what they do.
    If you want to work somewhere where you feel like everything you do really makes a difference then AW is a good place.
    Water's director is inspiring and the culture in Water Services is strong and supportive.

Cons

Pay and conditions depend to much on where you work in the business. Water is a poor relation to other departments with pay being lower for the same sort of job than in asset management or recycling or anywhere else.
    Responsibility and the impact that getting it wrong could have is higher but it isn't recognised.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great engagement in our culture and values - they are so strong
    Sort out the IT!
    Recognise people for what they do and the responsibility we have

"An enjoyable, inspiring and rewarding company to work for!"

Current Employee - Asset Group Manager in Cambridge, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Asset Group Manager in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time

Pros

Anglian Water really does put its employees at the heart of what it does. If you are looking for job satisfaction, reward and enjoyment then this is an ideal company to work for.

I have worked for Anglian Water for the last 4 years and have really noticed and valued the dedication to people development. With the right attitude and commitment, there are plenty of opportunities to progress within the business. Over the last 4 years, my job role has dynamically developed and grown. I feel valued for what I do and feel Anglian Water has really invested in my future.

The development of people is a key factor to success which Anglian Water has mastered.

Cons

As a generation Y, the IT side of Anglian Water is an area where we could improve in terms of speed and technology (e.g. apps).

Advice to Management

Keep up the encouraging leadership skills and continue to develop in your employees!

6. "Great place to work with good opportunities"

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Huntingdon, England
    Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Huntingdon, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with AW since October 2015, I originally joined the HR Department with the Employee Relations team. In December 2016 an opportunity came up to join the HR Business Partner team which is where I currently work.

The main thing that I noticed when I first joined, and continue to notice every day is the enthusiasm and commitment people have for their roles, from water supply through to customer service everyone wants to do the best job they can do, furthermore people are always happy to help and explain what they do.

Both teams I have worked directly in have been friendly and supportive, there is lots of scope of development and training if you want it.

Work / life balance is the best I have ever had. Sometimes I work longer days but there is a lot of flexibility and I manage my own time without feeling pressure from anyone.

Reward is good, I feel valued for what I do and feel that I make a difference to the business.

Cons

Some frustrations with the IT systems, although thinking about other places I have worked it is better than some and worse than others.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest and try to improve IT systems as this is a cause of stress to a lot of people in the business.

7. "Industry Leader - fantastic opportunity"

Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Huntingdon, England
    Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Huntingdon, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Anglian Water know how to look after their people, they invest in their people with industry leading training and development. We all strive to be the best at what we do. There are lots of opportunities for internal movement. As a company they are always looking to improve in how they can look after their staff and encourage, embrace feedback.

Cons

The IT systems can be restrictive at times, but investment is being made to make these better.

8. "A place to make your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Anglian Water is somewhere you can get on if you are willing to put the work in and put yourself out there. You can change your career without even having to leave the company as there are so many diverse opportunities. The company is very focused on customer service and people and is continually driving change which makes it an exciting place to be. Something I really admire is that our CEO Peter Simpson really does listen to peoples opinions and ideas no matter your position in the company.

Cons

The IT systems can be a source of frustration.

9. "Great people and friendly, supportive culture"

Current Employee - Senior Manager-HR in Huntingdon, England
    Current Employee - Senior Manager-HR in Huntingdon, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are so many benefits it's hard to list them all. The workforce are proud of the work they do and this is evidenced by the collaborative and supportive culture of the company.

Cons

There's often quite a lot of travelling involved. Anglian Water covers a huge area. The mileage rates are good though.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing, but it's not all about the task. Don't forget to spend time on developing your people.

10. "Head of Reward"

I have been working at Anglian Water part-time

Pros

Great company offering many opportunities for those who want to develop. Excellent benefits on offer many funded 100% by the company.

Cons

Decision making is sometimes slow and IT could do with a bit of a refresh.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward, streamline decision making and get the basic IT where it needs to be.

11. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Huntingdon, England
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Huntingdon, England

I have been working at Anglian Water (More than 10 years)

Pros

Friendly and collaborative culture. Great leaders. Does important work by providing an essential public service

Cons

Too many meetings and associated travel they need to use video conferencing more.

Advice to Management

Continue the great employee engagement work