Anglian Water Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 6 September 2018

UK - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Quite a lot to learn - takes about a year to feel fully comfortable" (in 5 reviews)

• "Long hours, pressure, lack of support, poor management, poor career development" (in 3 reviews)

"Customer Care Specialist"

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Hartlepool, England
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Hartlepool, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

High salary, good employee benefits and opportunities to make friends. Free tea, coffee and fruit juice provided. Chocolate often provided and good sickness support.

Cons

Widespread bullying. Management tend to ignore it. Systems are world class however almost daily system issues which can get really frustrating. Also if in satellite office such as Hartlepool, extremely limited options to progress.

Advice to Management

Please start an anonymous system to report bullying and a peer support system.

Come on AW, you're almost a world-class employer!

2. "Data Resolutions Team Leader"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Huntingdon, England
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Huntingdon, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The companies commitment to staff and customer wellbeing, development opportunities and the vital role we play in providing homes with safe, clean drinking water

Cons

I'll get back to you on this one!

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you doing - it feels good working for Anglian Water

3. "I left, then went back!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

On the whole, great people to work with who all want to do a good job for customers and improve things for employees.
    A good culture that is open.
    A CEO who is forward thinking and approachable.
    Good opportunity for progression into new roles if you work hard and are right for the job.
    Company values employees who work hard and reward and recognition are generally fair.
    Salaries high for Lincoln and easily comparable with other water companies.

Cons

Politics at a high level.
    Some ‘old timers’ reluctant to change.
    Some top level managers.
    Work can be high pressured and stressful at times.
    Salary progression is tricky without changing roles.

Advice to Management

Ensure our leaders can lead with the necessary management and change leadership skills, not just operational knowledge.

4. "Recognition"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Lincoln, England
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company ethos, no hierarchy, all training provided, profession for those showing the right attitude and skills

Cons

I can’t think of any!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"The Alliance"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Lincoln, England
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some great people work here and despite the difficulties do try and do a good job for our customers. The salary is reasonable for the area.

Cons

Awful structure, high staff turnover due to micro management. Never had so many bosses working in different directions. Always quick to blame each other when jobs are delivered late. Minimal job satisfaction. Company thrives on hype. They talk the talk but then do the opposite.

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff, you are losing great people. Who ever thought a joint partnership between so many partners could be an efficient way of working is delusional.

6. "Fantastic Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic place to work. The company is a forward thinking organisation that has its employees and its customers at the center of it does. You have a great development plan from day 1 and never there is a day that goes by which is the same. The organisation allows you to grow as an employee. It challenges you to work.

Cons

The organisation is very large and as a starter 12 months ago I would have enjoyed a more formal introduction to my role in the first few weeks which I had to find out a lot for myself.

Advice to Management

To continue to support all of your team and drive as well as challenge all aspects of work.

7. "Working at Geodesys, part of Anglian Water Group"

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Huntingdon, England
    Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Huntingdon, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Geodesys is the part of the Anglian Water Group that provides information to external people and organisations, for example it supplies useful reports about properties to people buying houses, and useful reports about asset location to people about to dig up a road.
    I started work here as an Application Support Analyst in September 2017. Definitely my best career decision in years. From the start I've been welcomed as a member of the team. They're both patient and thorough explaining their systems and processes so I always feel able to ask if I don't yet understand something. I anticipate there will be plenty of scope for appropriate progression in due course. Very good remuneration package too.

Cons

Not found any cons yet.

8. "Graduate Programme"

Current Employee - Graduate Water Resources Management Trainee in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since starting in October 2017 I have had the opportunity to become involved with a wide range of really interesting projects on the first placement of my 2 year graduate programme. So far there has been a really good balance between having plenty to do whilst having good support in place if required. All Anglian Water staff have been extremely friendly without exception and have made me feel really valued as an employee. They help you to make the most out of every opportunity that arises and treat you as somebody they want to invest in for the future.

Cons

The size and diversity of the company make gaining an overall understanding of how all the teams fit together challenging.

Advice to Management

Remember to always tailor your descriptions/explanations to the knowledge/experience of the individual. As a newly started graduate I sometimes found that the enthusiasm of managers can cause the key information to be diluted in the amount of detail/acronyms.

9. "Excellent place of work"

Current Employee - Network Technician in Milton Keynes, England
    Current Employee - Network Technician in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training program to help me settle in my new role by means of training courses and shadowing more experienced employees.

Cons

Nothing in my first 3 months

10. "Inspiring place to work"

Current Employee - Resolutions Manager in Huntingdon, England
    Current Employee - Resolutions Manager in Huntingdon, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent investment in people
    Fully committed to ensure the best outcomes for customers which means a more satisfying job
    Excellent rewards and remuneration package

Cons

IT systems - although to be fair, a lot of investment is being made in improving these systems. And a lot more investment being made