Anglian Water Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Anglian Water Reviews

Updated 6 December 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work / life balance is the best I have ever had (in 4 reviews)

• A high engagement level and a huge investment in people whilst still maintaining an outstanding level of customer service (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Quite a lot to learn - takes about a year to feel fully comfortable (in 5 reviews)

• When you first start the job there is a lot of new information so initially it can be overwhelming- (in 4 reviews)

1. "Lots of Progression Opportunities"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Lincoln, England
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are plenty of opportunities for those who want to progress within the business, and with the right attitude there's ample opportunity to be exposed to different areas and learning environments. Managers are on the whole very supportive of progression and development

Cons

Can be significantly constrained by the IT infrastructure when making changes and looking at innovative solutions

Advice to Management

We have a tendency to use corporate jargon and acronyms for everything. Remember not everybody gets it. Messages need to be clear and understood by people at all levels.

2. "Tread carefully!"

Current Employee - Jack of All! in Cambridge, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Jack of All! in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time

Pros

The company has a great helm, Peter Simpson, who can be trusted and is respected across the business even in the way that difficult aspects are addressed. He is a true water man so balances business and purpose really well. I have worked across most business units and would say that there is generally a good feeling and a family feel.

Cons

Think hard about joining the Asset Management business unit. Despite the pros above this is the one area that does not work particularly well. I moved across to other business units some months ago and life is more inspiring and rewarding. A lot of strong characters on the senior management team in this business unit that don't understand leadership or how to inspire. Old school leadership approaches are in place that in todays world we would tag as bullying. If you like that environment then it may suit you.

Advice to Management

Need a bit or a clear out in Asset Management.

3. "Lab technician"

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician
    Former Employee - Laboratory Technician

Pros

good pension good working conditions. When i had cancer i was well looked after and an excellent phase back to work.

Cons

One didnt know how the day or week would pan out in terms of how much work came in each day and how the equipment would be.

5. "Challenging, yet rewarding"

Current Employee - Supply Chain in Peterborough, England
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Peterborough, England

I have been working at Anglian Water (More than a year)

Pros

Room for development. Exposure to lots of parts of the organisation. Good benefits

Cons

Governance controls too tight and processes need reviewing. IT systems need updating to allow more agile working

Advice to Management

Relax the governance and look longer term instead of the immediate fire fighting

6. "Sewer tech"

Former Employee - Field Tech in King's Lynn, England
    Former Employee - Field Tech in King's Lynn, England

Pros

I was taught to a high standard, you had loads of chances to progress.and i worked with the best people in theworld.

Cons

The hardest thing for me was having to go single mand,and to drivefor an nearly two to get to the furthest jobs on standby.

Advice to Management

Think of your staff ,theydo the job,so listen to what they have to say,sometimes we the workers are right.

7. "Performance Coach"

Current Employee - Performance Coach in Lincoln, England
    Current Employee - Performance Coach in Lincoln, England

Pros

The benefits the company has to offer are fantastic. No matter how high someone is in the company they are all approachable, friendly and share the same goals. They encourage development and help you towards your personal goals

Cons

For me, there are no cons!

Advice to Management

Keep it up - I believe Anglian Water has a great reputation for employee satisfaction and would recommend it to anyone who wants a fulfilling career!

8. "Still Loving Every Minute........."

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked through a number of roles starting 20 years ago as a temp. Great opportunities are there if you're prepared to work hard. Really feel that senior managers and directors care about the company values and live by them. I have been really lucky to work in areas that love new ideas and are not afraid to try new things. There are many opportunities for development and I have completed a number of excellent training course over the years including a recent senior management qualification. Great approach to recruitment, it's not just about getting someone suitable, the company really cares that new people understand enough about the company to make an informed choice to come and work for us.

Cons

Really nothing to say as the culture now encourages everyone at any level to raise issues; sometimes you might not get a change but you will get a realistic explanation of why not.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on our culture and service delivery, keep listening to all employees and helping their understanding.

9. "Love Every Moment"

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Huntingdon, England
    Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Huntingdon, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic company to work for. From the start everyone has been very supportive and there is always someone to help you. The moral is fantastic during mentoring, The working environment is great as everyone is really friendly and welcoming.

Cons

Advice to Management

Nothing bad to say about the company

10. "Exceptional Employer"

Current Employee - Procurement Lead in Peterborough, England
    Current Employee - Procurement Lead in Peterborough, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very supportive and enabling work environment. Flexible on hours and offering multiple work location options, including working from home. Fantastic benefits and training opportunities. Good pay structure.

Cons

Working environment open plan and difficult to concentrate. Hot desking has its' problems in locating a desk to work from - these are becoming less and less available. Process structures are complicated, slow and SBU specific, more standardisation and integration needed.

Advice to Management

More integration between SBUs, provision of quiet work spaces in all locations to aid concentration and minimise interruptions.

11. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked here for a number of years, I started in the contact center after completing my A levels. I tried a number of jobs before becoming a Buyer and finding my love of procurement, 11 years later I am now the Sourcing Manager.

As well as the job opportunities, development is also seen as important, Anglian Water paid for me to complete a Open University degree as well as supporting CIPS.

Cons

The IT system can be slow at times.

The pace of change can be slow.