Anglian Water Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Anglian Water Reviews

Updated 17 October 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A high engagement level and a huge investment in people whilst still maintaining an outstanding level of customer service (in 6 reviews)

• Supportive and approachable management with plenty of opportunities to progress if you demonstrate the right behaviours (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Quite a lot to learn - takes about a year to feel fully comfortable (in 5 reviews)

• When you first start the job there is a lot of new information so initially it can be overwhelming- (in 4 reviews)

1. "Performance Coach"

Current Employee - Performance Coach in Lincoln, England
    Current Employee - Performance Coach in Lincoln, England

Pros

The benefits the company has to offer are fantastic. No matter how high someone is in the company they are all approachable, friendly and share the same goals. They encourage development and help you towards your personal goals

Cons

For me, there are no cons!

Advice to Management

Keep it up - I believe Anglian Water has a great reputation for employee satisfaction and would recommend it to anyone who wants a fulfilling career!

2. "Still Loving Every Minute........."

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked through a number of roles starting 20 years ago as a temp. Great opportunities are there if you're prepared to work hard. Really feel that senior managers and directors care about the company values and live by them. I have been really lucky to work in areas that love new ideas and are not afraid to try new things. There are many opportunities for development and I have completed a number of excellent training course over the years including a recent senior management qualification. Great approach to recruitment, it's not just about getting someone suitable, the company really cares that new people understand enough about the company to make an informed choice to come and work for us.

Cons

Really nothing to say as the culture now encourages everyone at any level to raise issues; sometimes you might not get a change but you will get a realistic explanation of why not.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on our culture and service delivery, keep listening to all employees and helping their understanding.

3. "Love Every Moment"

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Huntingdon, England
    Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Huntingdon, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic company to work for. From the start everyone has been very supportive and there is always someone to help you. The moral is fantastic during mentoring, The working environment is great as everyone is really friendly and welcoming.

Cons

Advice to Management

Nothing bad to say about the company

5. "Exceptional Employer"

Current Employee - Procurement Lead in Peterborough, England
    Current Employee - Procurement Lead in Peterborough, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very supportive and enabling work environment. Flexible on hours and offering multiple work location options, including working from home. Fantastic benefits and training opportunities. Good pay structure.

Cons

Working environment open plan and difficult to concentrate. Hot desking has its' problems in locating a desk to work from - these are becoming less and less available. Process structures are complicated, slow and SBU specific, more standardisation and integration needed.

Advice to Management

More integration between SBUs, provision of quiet work spaces in all locations to aid concentration and minimise interruptions.

6. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked here for a number of years, I started in the contact center after completing my A levels. I tried a number of jobs before becoming a Buyer and finding my love of procurement, 11 years later I am now the Sourcing Manager.

As well as the job opportunities, development is also seen as important, Anglian Water paid for me to complete a Open University degree as well as supporting CIPS.

Cons

The IT system can be slow at times.

The pace of change can be slow.

7. "Employee for over eight years and would'nt want to leave"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntingdon, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntingdon, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits
    Progression opportunities
    All training provided
    Friendly teams across the whole business
    Job Satisfaction
    Beautiful environments to work in
    Fair HR and management systems

Cons

Health and safety systems can sometimes feel a little over the top but i guess this is actually positive thing.

8. "Contact Centre"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive and approachable management with plenty of opportunities to progress if you demonstrate the right behaviours. Very customer service orientated and customer satisfaction is their highest priority. Great work related benefits such as private health care

Cons

Can be a challenge as a new starter to learn policy/system and how to serve customers

9. "Anlian Water"

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic company to work for. From the start everyone has been very supportive and there is always someone to help you. The moral is fantastic during mentoring, you have one to one support and lots of competitions and incentives to keep you engaged. You are given lots of training before hand so you can gain the knowledge before being put on the phones. The company as a whole puts a lot of effort into keeping staff happy and motivated.

Cons

There is a lot to learn but you get there in the end with the support of other team members and mentors.

10. "Fantastic place to work!!"

Current Employee - Billing Agent in Lincoln, England
    Current Employee - Billing Agent in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Anglian water is a brilliant company to work for. Once you have started you soon realise how much the company actually care about their customers and making sure that each one leaves feeling they have received a 5 * service. Not only do they care about customer service but they also make sure that their employees are rewarded and recognised for the hardwork that they put in.

Cons

When you first start you don't realise how much there is actually to learn within your job role. It does seem like an overload at the beginning but it does get easier and you become more knowledgeable as time goes on.

11. "Review"

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, good salary, good benefits. Supportive management structure. Customer focused environment in which people are treated fairly and with respect.

Cons

There is a lot to learn during training and this is a stressful period.