- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - Luton Area
- United States - All Cities
- - Maine
- - Portland, ME, United States Area
- - California
- - Bakersfield, CA, United States Area
Found 23 of over 23 reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
friendly work place with great progression
not the right place for me
- Former Contractor, more than 3 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Of the outdoor adventure companies for undergrads/recent grads, Apogee is far, far above the rest. Outstanding culture and devotion to leaders, great time between trips, and such a fun culture with a variety of trips. Incredible place.
Busy, and summer positions are just too short. Not for the faint of heart.
- Current Temporary Employee★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
An amazing family/community feel that makes it one of the best jobs ever!
Sometime trips are long days, with minimal sleep, but worth it!
- Former Employee★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Leadership are incredibly friendly and supportive, wonderful community to be a part of
it's a summer only job!
- Former Contractor★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The directors and assistant directors are the kindest, most caring people I’ve ever worked for.
Literally none. Long hours but well worth it.
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Amazing company atmosphere and support, lot's of time outside, free travel and adventure, time with kids
For the summer you are working pretty much 24/7, but it's totally worth it for the kids and the adventure!
- Former Contractor, less than 1 year★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
You are given a lot of responsibility from the start, but also tons of guidance. The main office was extremely supportive and helpful whenever I encountered a problem on my trips. Furthermore, the culture is incredibly friendly, and the company is comprised of thoughtful and highly intelligent people.
It's not an easy job. It requires full commitment, but that part of the fun.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The friendships and connections you make with other leaders are incredible. The office staff and directors Chad and Kevin are amazing, caring, empathetic, and there is so much opportunity for personal growth. You learn a lot about yourself.
It's hard work, and while on trip you have very little down time/rest.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Apogee cares deeply about its students and employees. The company culture supports growth, giving back, and being outside. Also, they hire wildly impressive and kind individuals to lead the trips - fabulous people to be surrounded by!
The summer season is consuming, but highly rewarding.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Just about every aspect of this job is a pro. I find meaning in my work every day, knowing that I'm creating and executing programs that will have tangible, positive impacts on young people. The work environment is better than I could imagine - our team is small, incredibly supportive, and a lot of fun. Each season is stimulating, and I'm consistently challenged in the best ways. Even from my early years working here, I was encouraged to take initiative and make positive change within Apogee. I know that we're making the world a better place, and we're doing so in a way that makes me proud of our work. I worked as a trip leader for several summers before transitioning into a Director role - while obviously different positions, I've learned so much about leadership, patience, and working cooperatively with others from both positions.
The summers are challenging and can feel consuming - and because we each take pride in our work, we work long hours to do whatever it takes to give our students and leaders exceptional experiences. That being said, the feedback we receive from families & leaders makes it 100% worth the effort.