AppDynamics Reviews

Updated 28 Feb 2021

4.2
AppDynamics VP/General Manager Linda Tong
Linda Tong
Pros
  • "Coming to AppD has been the best decision of my life(in 59 reviews)

• "Good community good work life balance(in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • "We've experienced quite a bit of attrition over the past 12 months due to a perception that Cisco doesn't know "what to do with AppD"(in 40 reviews)

• "Work/life balance will require discipline - you must learn quickly to manage your time(in 39 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Taken my career to another level"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in London, England

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fast-paced environment, with space to develop, innovate, and do great things - Leaders who have really stepped up in the crisis and shown their human side - Great product which spans almost the entire IT stack, I learn something new every day - High-performing culture which delivers top results - A smart, diverse, and supportive team - one of the best I've ever been a part of

Cons

- Work/life balance will require discipline - you must learn quickly to manage your time - Lots of change will require you to be agile and adapt quickly

Continue reading
  2. "Excellent solution to promote at the right time"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in London, England

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A key Cisco strategic pillar, several unique differentiators, strong company values

Cons

Innovation linked to Cisco, needs to remain a priority

3. "great company"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in London, England

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

cisco alignment means access to great network

Cons

cisco alignment means slower processes

4. "Cool"

Current Employee - Senior IT Consultant in London, England

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time

Pros

Nice , Innovative , Big , monitoring ,

Cons

just one Product , not cool and

5. "Great Team Great Lessons"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time

Pros

Really great team and lots to learn, dive straight in the deep end

Cons

Time can get consumed quickly so really good time management and organisation is required

"Great company with strong hard work ethic"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in London, England

I worked at AppDynamics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Clear company goals and vision, easily relate to individual and organisation goals. Hire really well.

Cons

Paternity leave was not long enough at the time, but may have changed since

7. "Good run.."

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in London, England

I worked at AppDynamics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learned a lot in my time there..

Cons

Was learning a lot less by the time I left..

8. "AppsDynamic"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in London, England

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time

Pros

Great looking canteen although very expensive

Cons

Work life balance can be difficult

"Good product, VERY TOXIC culture in the UK"

2.0
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in London, England

I worked at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

The product is good, and it's possible to make your number. The pay is above industry average, and the expense policy is laid back. The sales methodology, MEDDIC, really works. If you embrace it, you will become a better sales person

Cons

The truth is - it's not worth joining AppDynamics, especially if you are UK based. The culture is nothing short of horrendous, borderline abusive. Management uses fear tactics on a daily basis, bullying employees to the point of burn-out. There is a high degree of favouritism, and the good accounts are selectively given to the clique. Forget about work life balance, really. No matter how resilient you think you are - nearly no one lasts for over 2 years. If you want to keep your sanity, avoid AppDynamics.

AppDynamics Response

June 25, 2020A member of the #WeAreCisco nation - HR team

As part of an acquisition, sometimes it may take a while for the cultures to combine and shine. We’re always working on this, and we are proud that our CEO has made our mission “inclusive futures” and we’re making efforts to ensure that culture is felt globally.

10. COVID-19

"Really proven themselves during difficult times"

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in London, England

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly, working at AppDynamics has been quite the rollercoaster. It's definitely not the same company it was in its start up phase, with many of the original senior leadership gone. That has its pros and cons. While the "old AppD" was hard going, with very poor work/life balance, and a culture to be proud of how far and hard you could push yourself, it was pretty much a baptism of fire. You were learning from the best how to be the best, if you were motivated by that then you come out the other side learning an unbelievable amount and having faster and better development into how to successfully and repeatedly run large enterprise software sales cycles. If you give it your all and persevere, management and leadership always have your back to the core. When things aren't working, they look at the data and find actual ways to improve, not empty suggestions to just "try harder". But make no mistakes, it is one of the hardest jobs you'll ever do. I've never known such a flat hierarchy structure where you're encouraged to engage with the global leadership team for your deals from early on in your career. Growth and development is paramount. That being said, I honestly can't say what it would be like for new hires now i feel the culture and training is very dependent on the individual managers continuing to drive the original culture. Finally, during Covid and the current uncertainty, AppD & Cisco have really proven themselves that they care. We're working from home, our safety is paramount. If you need to take time with your families it's encouraged. We had budget allocated to buy anything we needed to get our work from home set up . Business is still going well, but they are responding to what's happening in the world not shutting their eyes to it and pushing a business as usual agenda. The flat hierarchy leaves the communication between execs all the way through to new hires open.

Cons

There's definitely uncertainty at the moment in where the business is going with Cisco. I would say if you're still looking for the hard really intense start up culture that AppD used to have then you may have missed the boat. If you're looking for somewhere that still has unparalleled sales training, with more of a corporate culture, and want to learn how to cross sell a platform across an organisation rather than a single tool to specific userbase, then this is the right choice.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 682 English Reviews