AppleOne Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.2
AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great company to work for , nothing to complain" (in 26 reviews)

• "Those didn't work out, but not because of Apple One not trying for me" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Either the positions are contracted or temp to hire" (in 18 reviews)

• "I have nothing but good things to say about Apple One" (in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to work independently or in a team
    Work/Life Balance
    Exposure to many industries
    Networking

Cons

If you have to be motivated by some one else, this isn't the job for you!

2. "Great place to work"

Pros

A range of benefits you can get

Cons

Too much responsibility for part timer

Advice to Management

Keep on smiling be positive

3. "Account manager"

I have been working at AppleOne full-time

Pros

- Fantastic laid back culture
    - great responsibility given to younger staff

Cons

- long, stressful hours
    - training not great

Advice to Management

Focus on retaining new staff

"What just happened?"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at AppleOne full-time

Pros

I love helping people get jobs and would love to stay in staffing! Despite the dysfunction I looked forward to coming to work!

Cons

I was at my previous job 14 years and was a decorated salesman. I was new to staffing and just started 6 weeks ago as a recruiter. I loved it immediately! I liked working with people and their future. This particular branch lost a ton of money last year and I looked forward to the challenge of being a key part of the turnaround. What happened? I pounded the phones and made things happen. I submitted 7 people just Mon-Tues of this week alone. Friday I get called in after lunch and let go? Why? I had complained about the vast amount of paperwork a few times. We only had 4-5 clients and they'd take 2 weeks to ask for an interview after we brought the candidate in. Background checks would take another 1.5 weeks so guess what happened to our qualified applicants in the meantime? They found another job. Our branch manager was lazy and disorganized. She'd spend more time talking about what she wanted to eat then actually working the phones. I just don't understand why you bring someone in and provide minimum training and then let them go after 6 weeks? Especially when they just brought in nearly half the candidates on your payroll in a month and a half? Insane? This company must love to lose money? I went to a few other staffing companies as a candidate and didn't have to fill out a mountain of paperwork and wait a month?

Advice to Management

Bernie's 5 principles were great.....key word being WERE! This is 2019 and you can't compete with 4 clients offering 6-7 jobs while others have 25 clients offering 3 pages full of jobs. They're literally expecting someone to wait a month on a job paying $14.50 an hour and is for a 3 month contract. Thats not happening. Be realistic. This branch is on their 3rd branch manager in 3 years and she's not making it thru the year either? Ridiculous?

5. "Worked internally. Learned a lot, great stepping-stone position"

Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Torrance, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Torrance, CA (US)

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I received the best training which resulted in my success in the position. Lots to do, always busy (was a pro for me, hated being bored), nicest people to work with. Teamwork really made the dream work there. My bosses encouraged growth and set me up for success. I have remained in contact with both my bosses.

Cons

Benefits were very slim. Paid time off was very standard. Could not be 5 minutes late without getting the stare. Kept me on my toes with being responsible.

Advice to Management

Offer more pay for this role - they are the core of the office! Especially if they are happily performing this role properly.

6. "Great for entry level"

I have been working at AppleOne full-time

Pros

salary plus commission and lots of room for growth

Cons

more sales focused than human resources.

7. "Not setting you up for success"

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Monthly p&l breakfast if you're making money

Cons

Poor management, lack of true leadership and poor pay

Advice to Management

Nurture your employees and get rid of any cancer in the office

8. "Safety Data Sheets by Internet emailing and scanning documents for companies."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Midvale, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Midvale, UT (US)

I worked at AppleOne part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment every day.

Cons

Job was so great did not want to leave.

9. "Unprofessional and Forgetful"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Riverside, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Riverside, CA (US)

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office looks professional and the employees seem nice.

Cons

Every email they sent looked like spam mail and was unprofessional. It took them two months and three phone calls to enroll me in direct deposit because the person I originally gave my information to never sent it to anyone and I assume just forgot about me. I did not receive my W2 on time and I had to call and email them more than four times to make sure that I was getting my duplicate W2. When I called the corporate office, they said that they did not receive my duplicate request form until over a month after I sent it to the Riverside office I assume because that person also forgot about me.

Advice to Management

Have more professional email titles. Read all of your emails and don't forget about them.

"Bitter sweet"

Former Employee - Account Executive Recruiter in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive Recruiter in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You pick up some good tips and you are given a chance to grow and learn from others.

Cons

They have blind faith in a system that was implemented by the President over 30 years ago and that is deemed infallible within the company and that no one dares criticize even if they don't agree with it because it's Bernie's business bible (the owner) and which is outdated, especially in saturated cities/markets. People who are happy and give great reviews are employees who are in branch offices that have it easier because their offices have been in the area for a long time and which have tenured client accounts and client loyalty in those areas (repeat customers, if you will) , where as if you end up in a city/area somewhere where Appleone is not dominant, the system proves to be something that may have worked back when the staffing industry wasn't so saturated and there wasn't a staffing agency at every corner. Management still thinks that if you follow the formula that worked 30 yrs ago, you are bound to make it despite offices not being profitable over and over, in addition to having ridicously high turn over because of people leaving after being frustrated because of having to work in a stressful way that they think is ineffective while having to meet stern metrics under this system in a market that is saturated in some areas . The branches that are profitable are those with tenured accounts, but the owners refuse to acknowledge this and force you to spend a great part of your day following the steps to this "secret recipe" (not so secret anymore) instead of allowing account managers to have the freedom to seek new business in more current and creative ways. You are forced to spend a great part of your day cold calling, and scheduling interviews with candidates all day long in order to follow the outdated technique. We ended up with a huge data base of applicants and no jobs to send them to while having to listen to the non-stop preaching of Bernie's technique that you knew needed to be tweeked but that you couldn't. A total set up for failure in some areas.

Advice to Management

Instead of playing along like hyped-up go getters, stop labeling those who may disagree with the way things are being done as "nay sayers' and pay attention to the real trends in each area and the things that are really keeping Bernie's magical formula from working, especially now that times have changed, competition has increased and do a real and current market analysis and allow account managers to work in a manner that is in-sync with the current market.