Applied Information Sciences Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fred Elleman

1. "Outstanding Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the fact that this is a veteran owned company. I love how we have such a diverse group of people here to work with that bring so many different knowledge sets to the table. Basically I don't how in the world I could've found a better job right out of the gate just having retired from Active Federal Service.

Cons

Although there is always room for improvement, I cant think of a "Con" right now.

31 Jan 2017

Thanks so much for the glowing review! We appreciate the insight into our culture and glad that you're enjoying your tenure here!

2. "Work wise review, ais US and aid Ind both are different in financial wise."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hyderabad (India)

Pros

Flexible Hours, WFH and Professional and Personal life balance wise it is among the best oranisations. This is the main reason to make better ratings for this.

Cons

As long as you have juice in you, you are safe and client should find the same in you though.

once if you failed to maintain the trust in you in client perspective and lost billing from client YOU ARE OUT literally. Not it down.

and Just 3-4 clients Majorly 2. There is no way that clients number going to increase in near future.

You can enjoy the time here as long as you are in billing, otherwise you are in SOUP

Advice to Management

As ais brand is already established well from past 8 years, you can have business development managers to expand more in clients perspective may be to different regions apart from US, otherwise there is nothing to get more business from this.

22 Dec 2016 – Director

We appreciate your candid feedback - we continually look for expanding client base & strive towards that goal. With challenging market dynamics & technology landscape, it always does not pan as ... More

3. "One of the Best Companies to work for in Microsoft Technologies"

Former Employee - Web Specialist in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - Web Specialist in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at Applied Information Sciences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) Flexibility with the work timings and work from home.
    2) Good Pay package according to industry Standards.
    3) Management is purely technical so they understand the issues faced by an engineer and back their engineers accordingly.
    4) Management is flexible to help out in all possible ways if you’re getting your job done.
    5) Flat Structure and everyone is directly approachable.
    6) New Clients and projects are coming up so the company looks stable for next few years.
    7) Good and friendly work environment.

Cons

1) Unprofessional Payroll Vendor.
    2) Some people gets repeated onsite opportunities whereas others have to wait for eternity.

Advice to Management

1) There should be rotational onsite opportunities for the employees.
    2) Hire a new payroll Vendor.

15 Nov 2016 – Director

Thanks for sharing your feedback - we will take appropriate action as appropriate. We truly appreciate your valuable contributions & wish you luck for future endeavors.

5. "No Job security"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at Applied Information Sciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open culture
    No timings
    Work from home
    Casual dressing
    Good salaries

Cons

All the decisions are taken by the director - India of the company.No interaction of hr after recruitment at all. Only one hr who handles recruitment.

Poor retention rate .

Advice to Management

No notice period given before termination. For company there are many employees, but the effect is for longer term for the terminated employee

22 Dec 2016 – Director

We appreciate your candid feedback & will continue to look at HR policies & employee benefits. As a reward for performance organization, at times we evaluate shuffling teams to better align with ... More

"Excellent Company"

Former Employee - IT Customer Engagement Manager in Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - IT Customer Engagement Manager in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Applied Information Sciences (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent company that treats employees like family. Very responsive offices (e.g. HR, IT, etc.)

Cons

Smaller in scale so some opportunities for upward movement limited but overall, an excellent company.

Advice to Management

Continue Forward!!!

31 Oct 2016

We appreciate the honest feedback! We hope that the changes we've made and continue to make will improve the overall environment and culture of our company.

"OK for what it is"

Pros

If you're a long time employee you will love it since you have grown up with company - if you're new you will feel "out of the loop" - not really interested in expanding or bringing in new folks.

Cons

Lots of long time employees (10 years plus) with little process makes it hard to get anything done if you're new and don't know "how things have always been done." Want to grow but unwilling to implement processes for growth.

23 Oct 2016

Thanks so much for the feedback! We have experienced growing pains as we expand our footprint and recognize our processes need some fine tuning. To accommodate our growth, over the past ... More

8. "Always an opportunity to learn"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging work - assignments or otherwise
    Work life balance - practiced not lip service
    Flat structure with minimal interference

Cons

Some processes - provide feedback through anonymous polls

Advice to Management

More frequent feedback gathering campaigns

1 Sep 2016 – Director

Appreciate your feedback & continued contributions! We continue to evaluate areas of improvement incl. defined processes. Highly recommend to bring up those ideas with your manager and/or through ... More

9. "Not so great projects, Good work life balance, Disorganized HR"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Hyderabad (India)

Pros

Very easy going and friendly crowd. No restriction on work hours. Very flexible as long as work is done timely.

Cons

No great projects in pipeline. Career growth near flat. HR needs to get more professional in its ways.

1 Sep 2016 – Director

Thanks for sharing your inputs. We strive hard to meet employee's aspirations but do recognize sometimes project assignments may be less than optimal.

"Excellent Work Culture..!!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay packages with nice work life balance.
    Flexible timings and transparent work culture, this new culture defined by AIS to be learnt by other corporates.
    There are great learning opportunities and management never stops spending for learning.
    Work with good technical people all around.

Cons

Bad payroll team.
    Whole AIS depending on very few clients.
    New client addition is very slow or not there.

Advice to Management

Now being in stable growth, time to attract new clients

26 Jul 2016 – HR

Thanks for providing this feedback and your Contribution to successful deliverable's. We plan to run a campaign to collect employee feedback on payroll functions & address areas of improvement. ... More

"review"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences (More than 3 years)

Pros

good company to work. Environment is very good

Cons

Found no cons till now

Advice to Management

Good management

10 Oct 2016 – Director

Thanks a lot for your contributions - appreciate the feedback! Wish you continued success in your career!