Argus Information & Advisory Services Employee Reviews about "card industry"

Updated 3 Apr 2020

3.9
Argus Information & Advisory Services President Nana Banerjee (no image)
Nana Banerjee
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "card industry"

Return to all Reviews

"Great place to start a career/ learn"

4.0
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Learning a lot/ acquiring good skill sets -Gives the ability to conduct in-depth analyses on data -Good knowledge of the credit card industry -Some leaders know a lot about the industry/ data, and are great to work with -People are relaxed, friendly and helpful

Cons

-Base salary/ salary growth is low -HR is either non-existent or makes life difficult -Structural issues/ hierarchy in the organization -Organization is too slow to give responsibility to analysts

Continue reading
  2. "Great place to start and learn"

Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great payments/credit card industry learning experience. Wonderful people. Opportunity to work on lots of data and analysis, great for data enthusiasts In our Org there were opportunities to work on several different projects and exposure to different technologies and practices.

Cons

Better compensation package Bonus is not pro-rated Not many training opportunities except on the job/project learning

3. "Great Summer Experience"

Former Intern - Summer Intern in White Plains, NY

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services for less than a year

Pros

I was given real work to do instead of mindless busywork. My team members were super welcoming and helpful when I had questions. I learned a lot about the credit card industry and what consulting is really like. The work environment is a good blend of fun and work.

Cons

The workload fluctuated. Sometimes I felt very busy and sometimes it didn't seem like there was much for me to do. The gender ratio is skewed male, especially at the lower levels. If you're looking for a job in New York City, this is definitely not it, but it's very easy to take Metro North to White Plains.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in White Plains, NY

Pros

Great place to study about the credit card industry, exposure to working with major banks. Very supportive about work life balance

Cons

lack of middle management as attrition majorly due to low compensation

5. "Data Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services

Pros

Good opportunity to know about credit card industry, Good working environment

Cons

Intern Pay $13, Less Travel Allowance

"Associate"

1.0
    Former Employee - Associate in White Plains, NY

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I think you get to learn a lot about the credit card industry and the fast paced environment is definitely challenging. There is a lot of learn early on.

Cons

The biggest Concern in my view is the management. There are groups within the teams and divide is pretty evident. People support each other because they have been friends in college and talk about every other team member. Managers are untrained to handle pressure from bosses and they change managers without asking the employee. The expectations are not set. if you want to change your team they will hang you in the air saying I support you and in the hindsight tell bosses that this employee is not interested in doing work. The managers are waiting to behind the back of higher ups to do whatever they feel like doing and not tell anyone about it. Performance reviews are a joke and Bonuses they give are not upto the industry standards. The ugliest thing about this company is that if you do 1 small thing wrong and 100 things right they won't care how much you have done. It's that mistake they will remember and blame you.The culture of the company is very biased in that way.

7. "Analyst"

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services

Pros

Good for fresh graduates; lots of learning and training of credit card industry

Cons

Hours can be bad depending on projects one is working on; a lot of repetitive work

"Culture matters"

Associate in White Plains, NY

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services

Pros

You can learn something about the credit card industry and at the same time polish your SQL skills. Pantry offers free drink.

Cons

The management doesn't value employee's growth that much. The turnover rate is very high. Work-life balance isn't good.

"Treated like slaves!"

2.0
    Current Employee - Analyst in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good exposure to credit card industry. Good Bonus. Too many projects are coming in, company is expanding but then there are negatives as well.

Cons

Company is very laid back. Attrition rate is so high and the management still doesn't care. Employees are paid less than the average market rate and are treated like slaves. Work! Work! Work! Long hours, no perks, no community activities, basically the company doesn't care about the employees. Whether they are satisfied with work or not. Very difficult to move across the teams. No diversity.

10. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in White Plains, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good exposure to data analysis and the credit card industry

Cons

Long hours. Low compensation / not in line with the industry

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 English Reviews