Argus Information & Advisory Services Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 29 Oct 2018

3.8
Argus Information & Advisory Services President Nana Banerjee (no image)
Nana Banerjee
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Associate Manager"

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time

Pros

Argus provides good opportunities for fresh grad (no working experience) to work and learn.

Cons

Long hours and training process can be improved

2. "Enjoyed my time as summer intern"

5.0
    Former Intern - SummerData and Applications Solutions in White Plains, NY

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services for less than a year

Pros

-Parking/Train expenses paid for Summer interns -Training provided -Chance to work on relevant, important projects as intern -Seems like a great place to start out, with merit-based opportunities for advancement

Cons

-Occasional long hours especially in client-facing positions

3. "Worst to work as a contractor"

Current Contractor - Developer in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services for more than a year

Pros

What to say?? Nothing will be in favour for contractors. Remember if you want you life to be very stressful, if you dont need encouragement, if you dont want a good work culture you can definitely join here.

Cons

Everything comes here. Lot of cons. First thing, contractors are treated as animals. Very odd timings. I feel ashamed to work here in such dubious hours. 9:30 to 7:30..... They give you work after office hours and asks to ocmplete in hour. whatever your situation is you have to work. No one talks to contractors, even own teammates doesnt care you. Its such a discouraging company where you dont get any appraisals. Especially the team I am working is the most worst one ever you can find in whole IT industry. They dont talk to you, they dont care, you need to work more than extra long hours and remember you will not be paid for that. There is no personal life if you join here. All you need is only work. Employees can leave at any time but not contractors. And moreover, the feeling of north India. You will find alot here.

4. "Payments Consulting"

Current Employee - Associate Manager - CMS in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rapid exposure to the payments industry Opportunities to gain responsibilities early on Good environment to develop analytical and consulting skillsets Hard working colleagues trying to share the load Reliable business performance and job security

Cons

Long hours and tight deadlines needed to keep the clients happy/engaged. Can easily end up working for managers who are "yes-happy" to client requests and timelines. HR team is not a strong performer within the company. Company is owned by a larger firm which has put pressure on increasing profit margins at the expense of employees. Difficult to get opportunities to work with other teams or gain exposure outside of business unit.

Continue reading

"Work here ONLY if you have absolutely no other option! Awful place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent benefits. Breakfast on Fridays. Most colleagues are helpful.

Cons

Projects are repetitive and you'll learn nothing new after about 8-9 months into the job. Extremely long hours almost on a daily basis especially for the analysts and senior analysts. Respect for an employee's life after work - ZERO!! The concept of work/life balance absolutely does not exist here. You can see lots of employees quitting after a year or two of working here. The employee attrition rate is so high that an entire section is dedicated to it during every quarterly town hall. The CEO is well aware of this issue but all he could say during one such town hall is "we cannot change the fact that we are a client focused company and we have to do whatever it takes to make the client happy". So basically nobody cares if the employees are unhappy with their work schedules and quit as a result. The pay is too low for the amount of work that the analysts are expected to do. Raises and bonuses aren't high either. Highly unrealistic deadlines when employees are assigned multiple projects. Employee events are organized every now and then but nobody except the senior management will have time to go to those because they have a ton of work with strict deadlines. Just listing out the cons are making me stressful!! Every negative review on Glassdoor is 100% true! You probably won't think so 2-3 months into the job but later on you'll wish you'd paid heed to the warnings here. The hardworking international employees are the ones who usually suffer the most here since they can't easily quit/switch employers due to their work visa situation. All they can do is grit their teeth and wait until they are free to find a new employer. My advice to them would be to totally avoid this place unless they're taking up a position at the Senior Manager level or above.

"Long hours"

Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst in White Plains, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good team but lots of work and politics. Be careful on what you are going after. Nice office in white plains

Cons

Extreme long hours, so work life balance is not possible at all. Very low pay for the work that you do.

"Senior Data Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst in White Plains, NY

Pros

Friday Breakfasts, good team members

Cons

Long Hours for low salary

"Good way to get into the bankin industry"

4.0
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time

Pros

seniority matters, could not be a good thing.

Cons

long hours. I mean long hours

9. "Great company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Consulting Associate in White Plains, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

This is a very fast paced environment. Management is quite flexible need to know how to get your way around.

Cons

Long hours. Lot of stress.

"I hated this place"

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time

Pros

Most of my co-workers were great, genuinely awesome people. Also, there was free breakfast on Fridays and they were stocked up on free sodas and Snapples which was cool. That's about it, though.

Cons

Everything else. Managers sucked - very narrow minded and condescending... real a-holes. Multiple times payroll has screwed up and I didn't receive my paycheck. When confronted they were just like "lol sry my bad you get in 2 week". Absolutely awful and clueless human beings. Oh and long hours. They pay is pretty good because there is no way in hell you are going to be working 40 hour weeks. You will easily be there 9-12 hours a day. They do not care whatsoever about their employees. You are treated like replaceable garbage. Also no raises. You just get laughable bonuses.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 English Reviews