Argus Media Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 5 Oct 2020

3.3
Argus Media Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Adrian Binks (no image)
Adrian Binks
Pros
Cons
  • "I have seen very competent and ambitious reporters become extremely demotivated in certain teams(in 8 reviews)

• "There's some serious holes in senior management and they don't engage enough with their employees(in 8 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Programmer Analyst"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst

I worked at Argus Media full-time

Pros

good management team..supportive people..great working environment

Cons

didn't see anything as of now

"Senior Reporter"

Current Employee - Senior Reporter in London, England

I have been working at Argus Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Least stressful work environment I have ever worked in -Starting salary is decent (if you negotiate) and progresses quite quickly if you make promotions which are pretty readily attainable for most teams -Late start in editorial and good finishing time - Quite a lot of opportunity to work independently without being restricted by managers, although this is boss dependant - Generally in control of your own day - Pretty much all the staff are very friendly and supportive of one another - Good opportunities to swap between teams although this process could do with being fast tracked - New COO is making a big effort to chat to everyone and learn their names regardless of position which makes junior staff feel like senior staff care - Big effort to try and create career pathways so people know how to develop at the company

Cons

- Very monotonous work at times, particularly when daily reporting - Managing contacts can be very hard work, you essentially have to beg market participants on a daily/weekly basis to give you information for free so you can repackage it and sell it back to them in the form of a report - A lot of the bright young staff leave pretty quickly, which unfortunately means a lot of the deadwood get into more senior positions - Bit of a limit how far you can go at the company. Different job titles in editorial don't differentiate what you do. My workload and expectations were the same during my probation as when I am senior - I do exactly the same thing

3. "Test"

I worked at Argus Media full-time

Pros

Good work environment - a good place to work

Cons

Lack of direction for the technology team

"A good company, going bad"

1.0
    Former Employee - Marketing in London, England

I worked at Argus Media full-time

Pros

For the majority of the time, Argus provided an excellent work/life balance, good career opportunities and strong support from immediate line managers to coach and develop talent. This was an excellent environment to show initiative, learn new skills, be given the opportunity to put them into practice and be recognised for it. Line managers also actively encouraged and valued new ideas and opinions, creating a working environment that was collaborative, productive and satisfying on both a professional and personal level.

Cons

A disappointing senior hire quickly demoralised and destroyed a successful department within a few short months. Established talent that had previously been invested in by the company left very quickly, leaving a significant skills, knowledge and capacity deficit. A toxic working environment ensued where people were no longer valued and opinions no longer welcomed. Weak leadership combined with severe staff shortages resulted in unmanageable workloads and extreme pressure on a few individuals to cover for the shortcomings of senior management.

Argus Media Response

December 10, 2018Global Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your comments. To ensure that the company continues to grow and operates as a truly global business, we needed to complete a reorganisation of our marketing team. This is the right decision for the company. However, we acknowledge that reorganisations bring a number of challenges and are rarely a smooth process; we regret that some of our colleagues have decided not to continue with their career journeys at Argus. We are actively working to establish a strong and collaborative team of marketing specialists who can take forward our vision for the function and deliver exceptional results. We are committed to our investment in that team and to maintaining the Argus culture.

"Some inefficiencies to be addressed"

I worked at Argus Media full-time

Pros

Many talented and friendly people. Relaxed working environment.

Cons

Little attempt to hire and nurture young in-house talent. Technology departments poorly integrated, no knowledge sharing.

"Comfortable, poor management"

Current Employee - Report in London, England

I have been working at Argus Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work/life balance is very good as are the pay and benefits generally. Some lovely people and a nice working environment, more opportunities recently.

Cons

There's a serious lack of transparency and clarity over promotions and pay rises. There's isn't a clear enough sense of expectations and goals and promotions are based on who you know / who is your manager. There's some serious holes in senior management and they don't engage enough with their employees. At the very top there's an old boys club that seems very difficult for anyone who isn't old, male and white to break into. It's demotivating to have no real sense of what you can achieve and how and to feel that no matter how well you do there is a limit on your progress just 'because' and so people leave to go elsewhere - loads of talented people have left in the last year for this reason.

"Market Reporter Review"

I have been working at Argus Media full-time

Pros

- Comfortable, relaxed working environment with friendly people. - Comfortable working hours.

Cons

- Level of repetition in work - Sharp division of labour with lack of replace ability amongst workers - Disjointed workload amongst various commodities

8. "Enjoyable, fun place to start career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Argus Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Positive working environment Friendly staff Pretty good management Travel opportunities Great benefits Excellent experience! Loved coming into work here, as overall there was a good, positive vibe.

Cons

There is the idea of training, but it's not always implemented Limited opportunities for career progression which can cause lack of motivation

"Collegiate environment"

I have been working at Argus Media full-time

Pros

Interesting work, good prospects, friendly and collegiate working environment.

Cons

Lack of transparency in promotion process.

"APAC HR should change it’s name to IHR (Inhuman Resource)"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Argus Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Relaxed working environment, good people.

Cons

Basic salary is low, incentive payout is a joke!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 English Reviews