Arise Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.3
Arise CEO Scott Etheridge
Scott Etheridge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The opportunity to work from home" (in 259 reviews)

• "flexible Schedule if you can get the hours you need" (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • "99 monthly fee * few job choices * have to pay for training *" (in 41 reviews)

• "Tech support via Arise can be a pain" (in 43 reviews)

"Review Arise Virtual Solutions"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Arise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Arise is a dynamic and growing business and every day is different, challenging and more often than not rewarding. Strong team dynamics, offers an opportunity to develop skills and be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do and strive for continuous improvement, to be best in class.

Cons

When you work virtually it can sometimes take longer to build relationships with colleagues based in other locations, teams or central services. Video is a great way to overcome this especially on first meeting/ induction and taking a few minutes to get to know each other.

30 Jul 2018 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and for your recommendations! It is very important for our remote employees to "see" each other from time to time and find avenues to connect outside of the daily cadence... More

2. "Ok employer"

I have been working at Arise part-time

Pros

training and flexibility of working hours

Cons

not much progress, same projects all yearround

"A new approach with old problems"

Current Employee - Coffee Specialist in London, England
    Current Employee - Coffee Specialist in London, England

I have been working at Arise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home - Cuts out the crazy rush to and from a work place.
    Choosing your own hours - Half hour slots with a minimum of 15 hours.
    Can be paid monthly or fortnightly
    50 coffee capsules sent monthly
    Chat room help when servicing - Most Chat PF's are very helpful. Some give incorrect advice. Some are just plain rude.
    Great product - 99% of customers are good to deal with and the product sells itself (you're still expected to sell more though!).

Cons

Very bad servers - There are daily problems with the servers that make nearly all aspects of servicing very difficult. The call managing Avaya program freezes and disappears and the database we use to access and use is constantly freezing which means having to reload your entire system. When this happens, -you don't get paid-!! You are also sometimes directed to support (that you have no choice but to pay for) for a problem that you know is not yours or your own computer systems fault.

Communication is awful - If you email the management, most of the time you are ignored.

Marketing emails are of poor quality - When you are emailed updates and changes about dealing with the client (which is so frequent it is difficult to keep up what the policies are!!) the spelling is atrocious. The appearance of professionalism is paramount so just use a spell check. Also, the quality of the images is generally unclear and look like an enlarged screen shot. A little more time in presentation is needed.

Quality Assurance - This may be more down to the client, but there is no bonus structure. The QA is used against you more than to reward you.
    Targets - The targets are a little silly and as I said, there is no bonus structure in place. That means the only reason the targets are there is to use against you by claiming you break your Statement Of Work (SOW). As you are self employed, they can do this without any notice leaving you in a state of limbo, not knowing where you stand which is not good for job stability. Plus you have no real control of sales.

Training - The training is unpaid and takes up 4 hours of your day for 5 weeks : o
    Review sessions (an hour a month [previously 1/2 hour per week]) are unpaid too.
    National Minimum Wage with no bonus.

Advice to Management

Upgrade or fix the servers. It costs money to -us- when -your- servers are down. Treat your workers a little better than "lowly customer service call centre staff". We are self employed and we generate your revenue as well as sell your business by word of mouth (eg: this site).
    Improve communication - Run a spell check before you post CrowdHub articles and improve the quality of graphics.
    Inspire your staff and they will achieve great things for you. There are no face to face dealings with your staff but we are more than just names in the chat room.

Arise UK could be great as it is a novel approach to work. There is room for growth in a lot of ways & the UK has a huge service sector to use talent from, but the old school culture that is comfortable with employee churn rather than nourishment means you get the feeling the upper management is happy with this as it generates revenue through training. This is not a good long term plan for the business though. That is why the call centre failed.

26 Mar 2018 – Sr. Manager Sourcing & Strategy

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry to hear your company has had a negative experience, however it is important to note that using the Arise Platform to launch your own call center... More

"Do not work for this company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Arise (Less than a year)

Pros

The only real pro was working from home

Cons

Where do I begin! I have had a really nasty experience with the company in that they sacked me with no word of warning and I had to pay for training and do extra training which isn't paid. This was normally in the evenings when my young son was being put to bed so I couldn't fully engage in the training as I was putting him to bed. They say they are flexible but only release limited hours and you will never reach your true potential as they will find a way of making sure you only reach a certain level. Please look into this company very carefully and check out the SOWs as they are very misleading and also I didn't sign a new SOW when Arise said that I had broken a clause in it, by background noise however the last SOW I signed was outdated and I was never given a new one so not sure how this works. I have email the company and haven't received anything back as to the way my dismissal was dealt with. Very very angry with the whole company.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with a bit of respect and please let them know you are unhappy with a situation and give them a chance to explain and try and resolve it.

3 Apr 2017 – Sr. Manager Sourcing & Strategy

We are sorry to hear your company has had a negative experience, however it is important to note that using the Arise platform to launch your own call center business is a business opportunity and a... More

"Arise really honest??"

Pros

Depends, but staff has been friendly on occasions

Cons

They don't put people first!!!

3 Apr 2017 – Sr. Manager Sourcing & Strategy

Unfortunately, we cannot provide a response as this is not really a review.

"Fun place to work!"

I have been working at Arise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

this is a new (ish) organisation that is growing at a fast pace. There are lots of rooms for career progression. management give recognition for efforts when its due.

Cons

Cant think of any worth mentioning at the moment.

7. "Good for students"

I worked at Arise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible, don't have to drive to any place

Cons

Hourly pay is very low

8. "Not great Pay"

I have been working at Arise part-time

Pros

they have skills upgrades not exactly career growth as the pay is same even if u progress.

Cons

the company u work for is like a contractor for Arise. Arise pay minimum wage and the company u work for takes 10%. From everyhting u earn including hrly wage and sales etc.

"I did not get paid"

Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Workman, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Workman, CA (US)

I worked at Arise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home and make your own schedule

Cons

I did not receive my last paycheck from the IBO I was under. When I complained to Arise they showed NO empathy...said it was not their problem and deactivated my account.

Advice to Management

Have some type of help for agents who do not receive their pay from an IBO who was listed on your portal. Deactivating their account isn't the answer.

10. "Absolutely amazing! I love working for Arise"

I have been working at Arise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My role offers the ability to telecommute and to be a part of a team that is both supportive and collaborative.

From the top down, it’s obvious that Arise truly cares about their employees, as well as those who partner with us to provide call center support to our client business partners.

Great benefits.

Arise is on the cutting edge of technology in the industry.

Cons

I can’t currently come up with any true negatives, I love my job!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing.