Arise Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4
Arise CEO Scott Etheridge
Scott Etheridge
Cons

"Review Arise Virtual Solutions"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Arise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Arise is a dynamic and growing business and every day is different, challenging and more often than not rewarding. Strong team dynamics, offers an opportunity to develop skills and be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do and strive for continuous improvement, to be best in class.

Cons

When you work virtually it can sometimes take longer to build relationships with colleagues based in other locations, teams or central services. Video is a great way to overcome this especially on first meeting/ induction and taking a few minutes to get to know each other.

Arise2018-05-15

July 30, 2018Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and for your recommendations! It is very important for our remote employees to "see" each other from time to time and find avenues to connect outside of the daily cadence. Keep doing what you are doing, and we will continue to look for new and innovative ways to engage you and the rest of our remote teammates in fun and meaningful ways. All the best, Angela

2. "Poor support and lack of awareness of issues"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Plymouth, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Arise part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good range of hours to work and flexibility

Cons

Constant emails - awkward systems and with the Npower account controlling people who can't see the issues. Staff turnover is not due to internal movement!

Advice to Management

Look at the set up and put professional management teams and systems in not just the 'in crowd' I have worked on and off for this company and continue to be shocked by the constant use of jargon and the chat room support is again sarcastic and limited - lots of in jokes and not real support.

Arise2019-10-17

"Ok employer"

I have been working at Arise part-time

Pros

training and flexibility of working hours

Cons

not much progress, same projects all yearround

Arise2019-01-28

"A new approach with old problems"

Current Employee - Coffee Specialist in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Arise part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working from home - Cuts out the crazy rush to and from a work place. Choosing your own hours - Half hour slots with a minimum of 15 hours. Can be paid monthly or fortnightly 50 coffee capsules sent monthly Chat room help when servicing - Most Chat PF's are very helpful. Some give incorrect advice. Some are just plain rude. Great product - 99% of customers are good to deal with and the product sells itself... (you're still expected to sell more though!).

Cons

Very bad servers - There are daily problems with the servers that make nearly all aspects of servicing very difficult. The call managing Avaya program freezes and disappears and the database we use to access and use is constantly freezing which means having to reload your entire system. When this happens, -you don't get paid-!! You are also sometimes directed to support (that you have no choice but to pay for) for a... problem that you know is not yours or your own computer systems fault. Communication is awful - If you email the management, most of the time you are ignored. Marketing emails are of poor quality - When you are emailed updates and changes about dealing with the client (which is so frequent it is difficult to keep up what the policies are!!) the spelling is atrocious. The appearance of professionalism is paramount so just use a spell check. Also, the quality of the images is generally unclear and look like an enlarged screen shot. A little more time in presentation is needed. Quality Assurance - This may be more down to the client, but there is no bonus structure. The QA is used against you more than to reward you. Targets - The targets are a little silly and as I said, there is no bonus structure in place. That means the only reason the targets are there is to use against you by claiming you break your Statement Of Work (SOW). As you are self employed, they can do this without any notice leaving you in a state of limbo, not knowing where you stand which is not good for job stability. Plus you have no real control of sales. Training - The training is unpaid and takes up 4 hours of your day for 5 weeks : o Review sessions (an hour a month [previously 1/2 hour per week]) are unpaid too. National Minimum Wage with no bonus.

Advice to Management

Upgrade or fix the servers. It costs money to -us- when -your- servers are down. Treat your workers a little better than "lowly customer service call centre staff". We are self employed and we generate your revenue as well as sell your business by word of mouth (eg: this site). Improve communication - Run a spell check before you post CrowdHub articles and improve the quality of graphics. Inspire your staff... and they will achieve great things for you. There are no face to face dealings with your staff but we are more than just names in the chat room. Arise UK could be great as it is a novel approach to work. There is room for growth in a lot of ways & the UK has a huge service sector to use talent from, but the old school culture that is comfortable with employee churn rather than nourishment means you get the feeling the upper management is happy with this as it generates revenue through training. This is not a good long term plan for the business though. That is why the call centre failed.

Arise2018-02-09

March 26, 2018Sr. Manager Sourcing & Strategy

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry to hear your company has had a negative experience, however it is important to note that using the Arise Platform to launch your own call center business is a business opportunity and a means to creating your own success – not a job. Arise actively collaborates with the thousands of small call center businesses that leverage our Platform to continually improve our platform and technologies.

"Do not work for this company"

in London, England

I worked at Arise for less than a year

Pros

The only real pro was working from home

Cons

Where do I begin! I have had a really nasty experience with the company in that they sacked me with no word of warning and I had to pay for training and do extra training which isn't paid. This was normally in the evenings when my young son was being put to bed so I couldn't fully engage in the training as I was putting him to bed. They say they are flexible but only release limited hours and you will never reach... your true potential as they will find a way of making sure you only reach a certain level. Please look into this company very carefully and check out the SOWs as they are very misleading and also I didn't sign a new SOW when Arise said that I had broken a clause in it, by background noise however the last SOW I signed was outdated and I was never given a new one so not sure how this works. I have email the company and haven't received anything back as to the way my dismissal was dealt with. Very very angry with the whole company.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with a bit of respect and please let them know you are unhappy with a situation and give them a chance to explain and try and resolve it.

Arise2017-03-27

April 3, 2017Sr. Manager Sourcing & Strategy

We are sorry to hear your company has had a negative experience, however it is important to note that using the Arise platform to launch your own call center business is a business opportunity and a means to creating your own success – not a job. In order to be successful, it is important to fully engage and attend all certification courses. To that end, Arise always offers a variety of certification course times so you can select the one that best fits your schedule. In addition, prior to selecting a client opportunity, business owners are encouraged to review the program Opportunity Announcement which has all the details about the service revenue, requirements and service metrics for each program. Additionally, prior to servicing, each company signs a Statement of Work which provides even more detail. It is the responsibility of the business owner to thoroughly read through these documents and contracts before entering into a service agreement for a client program. If you would still like to speak to someone at Arise regarding your concerns, please send an email to: specialhelp@arise.com. Make sure to include your name, CSP ID and some details about your issue. Please note Glassdoor in the subject line.

"Arise really honest??"

I worked at Arise

Pros

Depends, but staff has been friendly on occasions

Cons

They don't put people first!!!

Arise2017-04-01

April 3, 2017Sr. Manager Sourcing & Strategy

Unfortunately, we cannot provide a response as this is not really a review.

"Fun place to work!"

I have been working at Arise full-time for less than a year

Pros

this is a new (ish) organisation that is growing at a fast pace. There are lots of rooms for career progression. management give recognition for efforts when its due.

Cons

Cant think of any worth mentioning at the moment.

Arise2013-06-19

"Poor Call Center Management"

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Arise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work opportunities for brand names. It's best if you are an IBO contractor and Not working under a call center.

Cons

Arise does not regulate call centers. Call centers are given full autonomy to withhold information and steal pay from workers. I am going through this now and making strides to fight it. Arise refuses to get involved and they don't see how these business practices can be abused? The money is filtered through Arise to call centers, but they won't get involved if a cell center doesn't pay out to workers. This... makes theft from workers very easy. Since call centers are not held accountable by Arise, they can lie, steal and flee without punishment. Arise makes it too simple for them to do this. The call center I had gave a pay date way past the Arise pay calendar pay dates and never paid out. Arise couldn't even be bothered to pull this center from their list to prevent future victims and left me to hire my own lawyer. Arise itself does not have a publicized telephone number to reach them in case of serious matters etc. Be weary of their call centers, you are better off as a Sole Proprietor.

Advice to Management

Fraudulent call centers will put your company at risk. Receive too many complaints and a class action can be filed, many already think Arise is a scam. At least provide a way for call center workers to be released from a call center if they are dealing with a call center that's stealing. In the end that reflects on your company, Arise. Why would you want people associated with fraud and theft attached to your... company or call center list?

Arise2019-10-17

"A Real Work from Home Company"

Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Arise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Valid work from home, remote positions Flexible work schedule Fast Paced, ever changing environment

Cons

Heavy 4th quarter work load for most clients

Arise2019-08-07

"Horrible Company"

Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Arise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stay far away. I invested a lot of time and my own personal youth into this company.

Cons

Cannot be trusted. They will take your ideas, knowledge, and experience and won't give you an ounce of credit for it.

Advice to Management

Replace management.

Arise2019-09-15