Aristocrat Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.1
Aristocrat Technologies CEO & Managing Director Trevor Croker
Trevor Croker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You can work independently or as part of a team; decent work/life balance" (in 55 reviews)

• "Good pay and benefits about average for Las Vegas" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance has not been achieved" (in 15 reviews)

• "This is due to the recent pronouncement by senior management to "honor their commitment to the out-sourcing of dev positions to India" (in 12 reviews)

1. "EA to Sales & Marketing Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England

Pros

The company had a great culture and family feel. Staff were warm and friendly.
    Management were very friendly, and open to feedback and ideas.
    In 2015 the company went through some re-structual changes so its difficult for me to say how the company is run now.

Cons

Work life balance was a bit of an issue.

"Image it portrays in interview is not reflective of reality"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time

Pros

Starting pay tends to be better than the market average (the gaming industry can afford it), but pay increases are at the minimum.
    New CEO, Trevor Croker, is very personable and takes the time to talk to individuals from different levels across the organisation.

Cons

Very top heavy and hierarchical.
    Does not support employees wanting to develop themselves (the learning and development budget is saved and spent elsewhere).
    Employee surveys are a waste of time. The same issues are raised time and time again (poor senior management, poor systems, poor communication, no development opportunities) but not a single thing changes.
    Blame culture.
    Many members of senior management are sociopaths and damage employee morale.
    Human Resources department are completely ineffective - HR projects are never seen to completion.
    Company strategy is poorly communicated - even members of senior management don't know what it is.

Advice to Management

Employ and develop real leaders - "we" not "I" people. Invest in your workforce. Treat employees fairly.

3. "Good Organization...Job Security is Less"

Former Employee - Engineer1 in Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Engineer1 in Noida (India)

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Team.
    Ample of opportunities.
    Fun Environment.

Cons

Job security is an issue
    People get fired

4. "I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time for more than 2 years"

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, Products, Benefits, Management, Campus, Great food

Cons

A lot of politics, less learning opportunity.
    Hire and Fire policies

5. "Opportunity to learn, earn and grow...all provided at Aristocrat Technologies!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good focus on learning and development
    Growing organization
    Great culture and benefits in the organization
    Leadership team is approachable
    Great Work Life Balance

Cons

If you are looking for a good career opportunity then everything else becomes secondary. So no real cons to be advised

Advice to Management

We can work better on communication management

"Open Office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time

Pros

Nice location if you live on West side of Las Vegas. Market leader. Cheap cafeteria food but after a couple of days it loses its appeal.

Cons

The new building is an "open office" (no offices, no cubicles) which I thought everyone knew was debunked as an effective way to design a modern office space. The problem with the open office concept is noticeable as soon as you walk in - you will mostly see people with headphones on trying to tune out the noise and staring at their screen trying to look busy because everyone can see them. The lack of privacy prompts others to work from home when they can. And the sense of being in a fishbowl means many choose email over a desk-side chat. The open office concept is also a very subtle form of sexism. The feeling that someone is watching me, checking in on me all the time, constantly judging me .. you can see how this can devolve into harassment pretty easily. a tyranny of interruption, distraction, and stress. The quality of my work has suffered immensely since the move to this new office and so has my mental wellbeing. I feel quite comfortable stating that I would never have been able to create any of my games, software or creative achievements in such an environment. We’re squandering human health and potential on an epic scale by forcing the vast majority of people who dislike or hate the open office into that configuration. Their work deteriorates, their job satisfaction declines. And for what? Because a minority of people (many of whom are not in the office that much ironically) kinda like that configuration? Because it’ll look good in a few photos? Because it’ll impress strangers who visit the office? The main supposed benefit to the open office, that it increases productivity, has been completely debunked. The majority of workers hate the open office concept. Nearly all creatives do. So why have it?

The other con: the company is currently in cost cutting mode and forcing good employees to work even harder than they normally do (which is hard to begin with), many are doing 2-3-4 jobs (with no salary increase of course). I dont care who you are, it's not possible to do multiple full time jobs simultaneously well.

Advice to Management

Go back to offices and private work spaces before your best people leave.

7. "Less Appreciations, More work loads!"

Current Employee - Technical Artist in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Technical Artist in Noida (India)

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice office, Flexible timings, Subsidized foods, annual outings!

Cons

You have to be in the good books of your managers if you want growth and promotions. It doesn't matter how hard you work and dedicated, you always feel being not appreciated.

Advice to Management

Appreciate and acknowledge every team members for their small or big contributions they put into the team.

"One of the good company in NCR to work for"

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am a software developer and develops games in C++.
    Great opportunity to work.
    You get to actually code here.
    Nice challenging work.
    Good Work life balance.
    Good Company facilities
    Nice culture.
    Everyone in the company is approachable.

Cons

If you are liking what you doing, then you will not find any cons here.
    loyal/old employees should get a good salary.

"Depends on your department and location"

Current Employee - Not Specified in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Not Specified in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

excellent benefits, PTO, Sumerlin Building is beautiful, Subsidized lunches and baristas, lots of room , new furniture

Cons

Different departments get treated differently. Some departments appear fun and exciting, many departments are run by incompetent managers and are in fact soul crushing places. Open office system is...problematic. Rush to grow followed by big expenditures on the new building... and now they are talking about cuts. HR doesn't seem to care about systemic issues.

Advice to Management

Look, you've already hired the wrong people. Not sure there is anything you can do to fix the culture despite what you plaster all over the buildings and cheer at every rah rah meeting. When the culture is rotten from the inside and people don't like to come to work, no amount of free food or winnings ways is going to help you.

"Good Company | Great Work Culture | Employee Centric"

Current Employee - Lead Technical Artist in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Lead Technical Artist in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time

Pros

This company is employee centric. Having said that, company is having an amazing insurance plan for employees, good timings, helps in maintaining work-life balance quite well. Very flexible managers and working hours.

Cons

Office can get too quite, peaceful as per individual's taste.