Arnold Clark Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 18 September 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.2

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Average company benefits ie discount of cars, pension, private health care" (in 9 reviews)

• "It is a huge company which means that job security is something that no-one needs to worry about" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours for some sales executives" (in 28 reviews)

• "Work life balance was a massive let down and the uncertain changes of shift patterns" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Good company"

I have been working at Arnold Clark full-time

Pros

Good incentives and rewards. Helpfully management teams.

Cons

Don’t take employees advice. Customers always right.

2. "Best job in the world"

Current Employee - General Manager in Glasgow, Scotland
    Current Employee - General Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Arnold Clark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Really tight family like unit, how you are brought on and developed is second to none, unbelievable premises, the ability to grow as a person within the company and constantly being steered in the right direction from as high up the ladder as main board Directors. Honestly I could be here all day and night filling this with how much the company is an absolute pleasure and an honour to be a part of its growth.

Cons

In my personal opinion there are none.

Advice to Management

Please just keep doing exactly what you are doing and giving us all a fantastic quality of life.

3. "Great Employer to work for"

Current Employee - Payroll Supervisor in Hillington, Scotland
    Current Employee - Payroll Supervisor in Hillington, Scotland

I have been working at Arnold Clark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great family company to work for with good career prospects. I see this as a company to work for for the rest of my working life. Always listening to employees to make changes for the future.
    Good salary, flexi time, Benefits, Heath care and Uniforms!

Cons

There are some changes that could be made to a few of the benefits, but there are a lot more Pros with a only few cons.

Advice to Management

Sickness entitlement could be better esp in the 1st 2 years, usually 6 months at full pay (at managers discretion)
    Bereavement leave could be better and at managers discretion. Usually for a close friend or Aunt etc 1-3days or 5 days for immediate relation (mum dad, grandparent, sibling) This has been the case when I worked with Glasgow Council and SDworx.

4. "Working for Arnold Clark"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Aberdeen, Scotland
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at Arnold Clark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Biggest pros are the recognition you get for all the effort that is put in to everyday. If you're keen and willing to progress then you will go far!

Cons

Long hours but passes quick as it's a busy day

5. "this is my opportunity to rate the company"

Current Employee - General Manager in Wigan, England
    Current Employee - General Manager in Wigan, England

I have been working at Arnold Clark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

a progressive company with untold opportunites to build a career

Cons

very structured jobs with set guidelines

Advice to Management

too many to mention but without doubt plenty of scope

6. "AMAZING COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!!!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Dundee, Scotland
    Current Employee - General Manager in Dundee, Scotland

I have been working at Arnold Clark full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Arnold Clark is simply an amazing company to work for in every possible angle whether it is for progression, promotion or simply just being valued, which is something that every wants to feel. The Support you have from every area is fantastic, there is someone on hand throughout the whole company who can assist you whether it is for work / business purposes or for personal reasons. Over the past few years this Company has went from strength to strength and really engaged with Employees more than ever before and in my opinion has some of the best Systems and Management Process in the industry. It starts from the Top and works it way down the Tree and I can truly say that Directors' are doing an amazing job and everything that is changing is for the better.

Cons

None, and I mean it!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Keep looking after all of your staff and make them feel valued.

7. "Parts Perspective"

Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Inverness, Scotland
    Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Inverness, Scotland

I have been working at Arnold Clark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Arnold Clark are, Job Security and the chance to potentially climb the ladder so to speak. I feel my job is very secure in a company of this size and due to the number of branches if one was to close there should always be another opportunity out there within the group. The chance to climb the ladder is very good as there is also a vast amount of branches and opportunity out there.

Cons

The company name is very Taboo in the motor trade and in other trades, Other garages and dealers appear to dislike the company very much, due to the vast size of the company it can be expected but it is very frustrating sometimes. Also I agree with the long serving members of staff receiving extra days off but I feel something similar should be done throughout the group with other employee's for example for 5 years service 7 years 10 years and so on.

Advice to Management

I think all branches need updated, Most branches i have visited have issues with leaking water, no heating etc. Its the little things which matter but all workplaces should be safe and have suitable working conditions. Not having heating in the winter is not great and it is the same when it rains heavily and the roof leaks

8. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Birtley, Tyne and Wear, North East England, England

I have been working at Arnold Clark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always look after their staff with a fantastic package in terms of life insurance, pension and private health care. They provide a great salary and now offer a 5day week sales structure to health with work-life-balance

Cons

Long hours which are only part and parcel of the motor trade

9. "sales manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Birtley, Tyne and Wear, North East England, England

I have been working at Arnold Clark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, move with the times and look after their customers and staff. Great progression oppourtunities for hardworking dedicated staff.

Cons

Nothing really too be negative about.

10. "Amazing Opportunities At Arnold Clark"

Current Employee - Product Consultant in Birtley, Tyne and Wear, North East England, England

I have been working at Arnold Clark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, excellent earning potential, a company that takes not only their customers best interests to heart, but their employees to. A company always willing to help train and develop their employees further.

Cons

None through my experience under employment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Always remember a happy team will look after you ;-)