Asons Solicitors Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 10 Oct 2019

2.5
Asons Solicitors CEO Dr. Imran Akram
Dr. Imran Akram

"Really is one of the best firms to work for"

I have been working at Asons Solicitors full-time

Pros

I have worked at Asons for three and a half years and I must say that I have loved every minute of it! The ability to progress within this firm is excellent and somewhat realistic and the people at Asons are probably the coolest bunch I have ever come across. I really admire the passion, dedication and hard work shown by the company’s directors towards the firm and its people and the way they reward and recognise... success. Asons is definitely a firm of the future, a strong firm with a clear vision.

Cons

Kitchen facilities could be improved!

Asons Solicitors2016-06-08

"My god don’t ever work for these people"

I worked at Asons Solicitors full-time

Pros

Close to home. Worked with some great people

Cons

Dodgy directors. Don’t care about clients, don’t even care about obiding by the rules

Advice to Management

You’re lawyers. Act like it

Asons Solicitors2018-08-08

"Recind 'Dr' Imran's Honorary PhD. He is an illiterate taxi driver!"

I worked at Asons Solicitors

Pros

none really apart from there having friendly young employees racking my brains to think of something ..... nothing comes to mind unfortunately

Cons

Inexperienced Directors mostly without an education. No idea about Professional Practice: Dictatorship

Advice to Management

Close down as you are giving the ethnic community a bad name in Bolton.

Asons Solicitors2017-03-31

"Space Hopper racing in the office is not cool."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England

I worked at Asons Solicitors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its been closed by the SRA.

Cons

Such a shame it didn'tclose sooner.

Advice to Management

Give something else a go, the Law appears to disagree with you.

Asons Solicitors2017-03-30
  5. "Try It"

I worked at Asons Solicitors full-time

Pros

Manageable case loads. Monthly bonus system. Great case management system and IT facilities/support. Team Leaders & HoDs respond very quickly to emails. HR/Recruitment responded quickly to applications. Keen to offer training contracts to current non-qualified staff.

Cons

The base salary could be better.

Asons Solicitors2017-01-10

"Don't Try It"

Former Employee - RTA Paralegal in Bolton, England

I worked at Asons Solicitors full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get paid a salary.

Cons

Manageable case loads of matters riddled with alleged fraud Monthly bonus system with unachievable targets Great case management system and IT facilities/support that has a rapidly shrinking team Team Leaders & HoDs respond very quickly to emails but don’t actually answer the question HR/Recruitment responded quickly to applications for dismissals, recent redundancies or pay reductions Keen to offer training... contracts to current non-qualified staff although they all leave straight after qualifying Directors keep posting their own unhelpful reviews on Glassdoor

Asons Solicitors2017-01-12

"fraudsters don't work with them"

Former Employee - Sales in Bolton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Asons Solicitors full-time

Pros

When I first started with Asons what a firm they did everything to motivate staff, opportunities to progress were always available. There was so much positivity and bonuses were amazing then all of a sudden it changed

Cons

I would advise no 1 to work for this company they are fraudsters targets were set and still would ask for more claims to be taken on pay was rubbish you want time off they have a problem with that they were never satisfied with the results everyone would get this company is going down hill

Advice to Management

do something better than coning people

Asons Solicitors2016-11-11

"fee earner"

I worked at Asons Solicitors full-time for more than a year

Pros

great people to work with! these people are the only reason I turned up to work.. fun colleagues. the office is full of young individuals which made the working day bearable

Cons

everything else was awful! I cant stress this enough. money money money, maximising company profits is all that is cared about! clients are not the heart of the business. extremely target driven, sometimes unrealistic targets. very very very badly managed! the place is falling all over the show, lack of good management, a CEO who has minimal legal knowledge and not forgetting HR! HR is ignorant, fails to listen... to colleague complaints etc! basically nobody cares what has happened or why this has happened, constantly reminded that your easily 'replaceable'

Advice to Management

FIX UP PLEASE! your strategies suck!

Asons Solicitors2016-10-19
  9. "Once upon a time"

Former Employee - RTA Lit Fee Earner

I worked at Asons Solicitors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- When I first started with Asons - wow what a firm - they did everything to motivate staff, opportunities to progress were always available. There was so much positivity around. There was also regular training and we pretty did what we want on files. Oh and bonuses were amazing and I personally achieved more in bonus compared to what I was being paid! Respect to Imran.

Cons

It is clear that the firm is experiencing difficulties! They constantly cut bonuses, too much pressure on settling files even though you settle like 5 the month before! If you want a cheque you need to get it signed by a Director, everything you needed doing needed authorisation from a HOD. It just got too much.

Advice to Management

If something is working - leave it! Stop changing things constantly and appreciate the staff you have.

Asons Solicitors2016-08-26

"Awful firm , high-turnover and exceptionally poor management!"

Former Employee - Solicitor in Bolton, England

I worked at Asons Solicitors full-time

Pros

Decent employees. It's difficult to see what else is positive.

Cons

Worked at Asons for 1 year long enough to know management encourages bad practice and ethics. All that I was promised during the interview was not delivered and they'll tell you anything to get you through the door. Management is exceptionally poor. And it's nothing like "google" as it's pretentiously claimed. They value quantity over quality and it's surprising this firm hasn't come to the attention of the law... society or SRA! Staying at this place long term will call your reputation into disrepute! It's shocking that as professionals you need to "clock in and out". You'll lose 15 minutes of your lunch break if your late by 1 minute.

Advice to Management

CEO and principal do not have a clue about running a firm and micromanagement is the order of the day! Poor management, pay and ethics. Not for long term stay. Micromanagement is rife!

Asons Solicitors2016-07-08