AspenTech "good benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

AspenTech Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated 10 Jan 2020

3.1
AspenTech President and Chief Executive Officer Antonio Pietri
Antonio Pietri
Pros
  • "Stable organization, good benefits(in 19 reviews)

• "Good Environment, good people to help and consult you(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Also work from home is not an official company policy (though most managers are okay with it), so there aren't great resources in place to accommodate(in 19 reviews)

• "Upper management does not care much about employees: anyone can be easily replaced by somebody else(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews

"Good product, poor values and no recognition, great company to work for on the short term only. What a waste."

I worked at AspenTech

Pros

Good benefits Competitive salary Excellent simulation soft

Cons

No respect for employees Management live in their own (US) confined and strategicaly privileged ignorant world not even knowing who make really contribute to the company's growht Very angry customer base Poor Future Planning and Career Grooming No more saoul

Advice to Management

People need flexibility at all levels and need to be trusted, not everyone is trying to take advantadge, please grow up and consider your assets with all due respect.

AspenTech2010-09-11
  2. "Okay company"

Former Employee - N/A
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at AspenTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stable organization, good benefits

Cons

Struggling with shift from old to new culture

AspenTech2020-01-10

"Extremely dated company with a talent deficiency"

Current Employee - Manager in Bedford, MA

I have been working at AspenTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great products, market leader. - Good work/life balance - Some good benefits, some not so good.

Cons

This company is managed and run like a company in the 1990's. Extremely bureaucratic, slow, governed processes, systems and tools. CEO and entire C-level team is very old school and uninspiring. Zero trust from upper leadership with there employees. No work from home and everything is on lock-down unless you get the appropriate permissions, which sometimes needs to come from CEO himself which is a red flag that he gets involved in such low level decisions. There is a severe lack of talent at AspenTech. They attract people later in their careers who are either set in their ways or lack the motivation to fight the uphill battles for change. The good workers usually come and go pretty quickly. To their credit they seem to recognize some of these flaws and are attempting to undergo a leadership transformation. Unfortunately for change to truly happen, it has to start at the top, and the CEO is too stubborn and old school to change at this point in his career.

Advice to Management

Unless upper management is willing to modernize and evolve, the company will be stuck in neutral. Oh ya, and TRUST your employees. We really are trying to do the best things for the company but get held back by the rigid culture.

AspenTech2019-11-15
  4. "Great opportunity to be part of a growing software company"

I have been working at AspenTech full-time

Pros

Great company to be a part of if you are the type of person who is diligent and ultimately cares about the company’s mission. I have been with AspenTech for several years, I have had no lack of opportunity to advance my career and am thankful for those experiences, as they would be tough to find elsewhere! AspenTech is a smart company and has been around 35+ years. We are the market leader in process/asset optimization and are financially savvy – sometimes that means expenses are tight, but we are a stable company, this means no layoffs. We are entering a new phase of our life cycle as we plan to grow our revenue from $500 million to $1 billion. It is an exciting time to be part of our journey! We recently hired a new CHRO and COO to help achieve this goal. Our CEO has acknowledged the importance of culture in influencing our growth which is reassuring. The company has come a long way, I am excited to see what’s in store in the next 5 years. Pay is good, benefits are great. This past year, our CEO granted stock to the general employee population due to tax savings - this is almost unheard of in the industry.

Cons

AspenTech is not for everyone – if you are excited by the chance to be part of something great and willing to work hard, you will be successful and rewarded.

AspenTech2018-10-22
  5. "Typical large company"

I worked at AspenTech full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Strong college hire program Good benefits Great products

Cons

Typical issues for a corporation its size Managers with varying levels of people skills

AspenTech2018-02-28
  6. "Senior Business Consultant in MENA"

I worked at AspenTech

Pros

Specialized team Good Benefits Growth within the organization

Cons

Management Disconnect Counter productive procedures Huge disconnect between sales and consultants

AspenTech2018-02-26

"Terrible company, great people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

I worked at AspenTech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Good benefits -Good coworkers and managers up to & including the VP level -Competitive starting salary for new employees -Products are market leaders and company will continue to do well.

Cons

-Raises and promotions are almost non-existent. -Nothing is done by the executive team to retain valuable employees. Even the brightest people are treated like commodities, regardless of their contributions to the company. -The turnover rate in most departments, and at every job level, is ridiculous by any standards. Those who stay more than a year are either looking for new jobs or feel prohibited from leaving by their outside responsibilities. -The constant turnover makes progress impossible, with all time being consumed either by covering others' jobs or training new hires. -Executives are in a constant battle to be more powerful than each other, to the detriment of everyone beneath them. They preach collaboration while fighting to keep each other down, managing to get in the way of progress and even day-to-day operations.

Advice to Management

-Benchmark the turnover rate against other companies and take the hint. -Cut the red tape. Trust and empower managers to manage, and employees to do and grow in their jobs. -If you won't help your employees, at least get out of their way. Aspen can run without its C-level, not without it's people.

AspenTech2017-09-13

"Awesome health benefits, but that's about it"

I have been working at AspenTech full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

AspenTech has really good benefits and they seem to get progressively better year over year.

Cons

Your job can really suck depending on your manager. It's hard to understand how some of these managers earned their positions and have managed to stay here. But I guess when you have everyone else doing the work you take credit for it's pretty easy.

Advice to Management

Managers, if you don't know, it's okay to ask and actually listen to what you're being told. You hire talent for a reason. You hire talent because of their knowledge and skills and what they can contribute to the team and to the company. Don't work people to death, step on their necks, and then wonder why the revolving door never stops moving.

AspenTech2017-04-28

"not recommended"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Burlington, MA

I worked at AspenTech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good benefits, normal amount of vacation time

Cons

on the clock 24/7 no matter what time of day, day of week, holiday included

Advice to Management

Treat employees better

AspenTech2017-02-27

"Great for colleage grads but not so much for working professionals"

I have been working at AspenTech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits, somewhat flexible hours.

Cons

Company culture is very stuff, short staffed in some departments, employees are expected to finish their work no matter what.

Advice to Management

Hands off, trust your employees and be more flexible with how things should be done versus how they can be done.

AspenTech2015-11-14