Aspirant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Rick Newton
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Aspirant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intelligent, dedicated, and ethical employees. Strong values. Good work life balance. Opportunity to work with a variety of industries. Usually limited travel for most positions.

Cons

Typical growing pains of a small company that is expanding. Need for more cross-team communication. Need for dedicated business development employees.

2. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Pros

I have been with Newton for a little over a year and have never valued a company more! Newton Consulting was founded on values and the company is truly operated on those values. Newton has a great culture, a truly supportive environment, great work/life balance, and endless opportunities for growth and development.

Cons

Currently I do not have a negative thing to say about Newton.

Advice to Management

Keep plugging away and doing what you are doing! Newton will continue to thrive!

3. "Great Culture and Strong Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Aspirant full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company has strong leadership who lives by his core values and listens to the organization; excellent talent in the organization; great work life balance;

Cons

Pipeline development and new business development need to be beefed up; Practice Leaders are running very lean and often must deliver billable work while leading their teams.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work; don't lose sight of the business development challenge; and make sure you achieve the work life balance that you provide to your team.

5. "Comany that lives values."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Aspirant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing company that stands behind their values.

Cons

None that I can think of.

6. "Exceptional Place to Work"

Pros

Newton promotes empowerment and provides you with the resources necessary to build your own path and pursue your areas of passion. Access to all levels of the organization, regardless of role. Great work/life balance. Highly recommend.

Cons

Limited benefits aside from healthcare (great healthcare package)

7. "Sourcing Recruiter"

I worked at Aspirant full-time

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

They do not have client exclusivity. Newton gave recruiters job orders that had been worked by other agencies for months! The ATS was not updated and highly labor intensive which left us less time to recruit. Management was micro-managing and have so many requirements out with little or no feedback or follow up to our questions.

Advice to Management

Focus on other areas of the business!

8. "Working at Newton Consulting"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Advisor in Washington, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Advisor in Washington, PA (US)

I have been working at Aspirant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great leadership, fantastic colleagues, great opportunities, stand true to their values.

Cons

At times working remotely can get boring, but it is also nice to be able to my job from my home.

"Excellent technology company with employee and customer focused mission."

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Aspirant full-time

Pros

The best thing about working with Newton is its size. It is small enough to be able to talk directly with the company leadership without much trouble. They truly care about their employees and always place the needs of the customer first. They provide great value and always try to partner with their clients.

Cons

It can be difficult to move between practice areas and get the training needed to do so. There are a lot of areas where there are no clear policies and procedures and the small size can also mean lack of opportunities as well.

Advice to Management

It is sometimes hard to feel like you are part of this company. Employees outside of the main office location do not really feel connected to the company most of the time.

"Great Place to Work and has the best interests of the client & employees at heart!"

I have been working at Aspirant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The leadership empowers employees (doesn't micromanage), they live the company's principles (servant style, integrity, etc), great rewards system, positive working environment - team based. The culture is fabulous. It is just down right fun to work here!

Cons

No Cons. Actions match Words!

Advice to Management

Forward thinking with great growth plans and authentic leadership members. Keep doing what you are doing!