Assurance Reviews

Updated 6 Jul 2020

3.6
Assurance Chief Executive Officer Tony Chimino (no image)
Tony Chimino
Pros
  • "The culture is incredible, they really value their employees and work life balance is the best I have had in my 10 years of working(in 12 reviews)

• "Work from Home policy, Wellness initiatives(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons to working at Assurance(in 4 reviews)

• "They tout work life balance but that simply doesnt exist for staff members on Benefits(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

4.0

I have been working at Assurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

flexibility with schedule and good pay

Cons

do not have any cons to share

2. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Assurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits and the work environment

Cons

There are no down sides!

3. COVID-19

"Fantastic first job experience!"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Assurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started working at Assurance in February and could not be happier with my experience thus far. My first few weeks at Assurance consisted of a comprehensive orientation program, lots of team lunches and clear set expectations. I felt a warm welcome by not only my team, but frankly all employees I interacted with. I have found that Assurances offers robust benefits, transparent career pathing and management that truly cares about their employees both personally and professionally.

Cons

The only con that I can think of thus far is that four weeks into working here the COVID-19 crisis hit. All Assurance employees were advised to work remote. Thankfully, it was a seamless transition and the executive leadership made sure that all employees felt comfortable working remote. I've been able to connect with my team virtually and continue my training without missing a beat.

4. "This is awful"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent

I worked at Assurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing Daily pay Convenient Easy to do Easier to do

Cons

People have not contacted us This is not true This is a scam Pay is low

"Drinking on property"

Former Employee - Mail Clerk in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Assurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lunch was provided to whoever was the biggest suck up Brownoser

Cons

Lots of brown nosers

"I love this company!!!"

Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at Assurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

I just started months ago and I already have a salary increase. Great Benefits, Great People, Great Culture...most especially the Work Life Balance is amazing!!! God forbid, I am going to retire here.

Cons

Nothing I could think of just pros.

March 5, 2020Human Resources Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here. If you have any further feedback, please know you can reach out directly to a Human Resources team member at any time.

"Fast Growing, but Flexible Culture"

I have been working at Assurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A really hard working company filled with smart, reliable and kind people. Feels like you're treated as an individual for who you are rather than a number. Some of the best benefits that have kept me here include: - Flexible work arrangements and schedules, including remote work days - Affordable medical insurance plans and other benefits - Wellness program cash bonus - Generous PTO days plus birthday PTO and volunteer PTO - Reimbursement for professional development like licensing and certifications, also bonuses, too - CEO calls you on your birthday and anniversary

Cons

Small cultural things have gone by the wayside with growth in the past years (happy hours, and other employee events) I think a lot of us would like to see those come back to build camaraderie and give others an opportunity to interact and meet with people that wouldn't normally meet with. I know we're growing fast but those little things make a difference.

March 5, 2020Human Resources Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. As you mentioned, we’ll continue listening to all feedback and consider these suggestions as we continue building a rewarding workplace for our employees. If you have any further feedback, please know you can reach out directly to a Human Resources team member at any time.

"nice company, but horrible staff"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative

I have been working at Assurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great benefits, work from home, good place to start out if you are just starting out, CEO is polite and involved, a lot of polite people

Cons

If you land on the wrong team, you'll be bullied by your superiors. They talk down to you and really make you feel like you're stupid and don't belong in the role even though they are fake nice

March 5, 2020Human Resources Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. At Assurance, we don’t tolerate bullying of any kind. We’d like to learn more of your experience so we can help. Please know you can reach out directly to a Human Resources team member to continue this conversation.

"Many Great Perks, but Lack of Growth"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Assurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Assurance has some really great perks, especially their flexible work from home policy. They are also flexible with exploring other opportunities within the company, which I found refreshing. The company parties and events are top notch too.

Cons

Their low pay is probably their biggest issue and the reason good employees don't stick around long term. The culture and people are great, but the lack of salary is what pushes people to leave. I also found it hard to grow within the organization. Once you were in a specific role, it was hard to learn more and move upward within that role.

October 31, 2019Human Resources Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We’re disappointed to hear you didn’t feel that you had an opportunity to grow within the organization. While role expansion varies from team to team, our goal is to help all our employees develop professionally. If you’re currently an employee, please know you can reach out directly to a Human Resources team member at any time to continue this conversation.

10. "Happy People, Happy Place"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative

I have been working at Assurance full-time

Pros

amazing benefits, great perks and really good people!

Cons

Must get insurance producers liecense

September 30, 2019Human Resources Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here. If you have any further feedback to share, please know you can reach out directly to a Human Resources team member at any time.

Found 98 reviews