Assurant Atlanta, GA Reviews

Updated Nov 1, 2021

Found 334 of over 2,157 reviews

3.5
Assurant President & CEO Alan Colberg (no image)
Alan Colberg
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

good

Nov 1, 2021 - Claims Adjuster in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits and hours i would say. no bad review

Cons

no real cons besides mandatory overtime

Assurant Response

Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our comprehensive benefits and flexible work arrangements during your time here. We have made sure to also share your comments internally.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

It’s okay

Oct 24, 2021 - Technical Support Analyst in Duluth, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teamwork is great, slow days, hour lunch

Cons

Micromanaging, low pay, slow pc

Assurant Response

We appreciate you leaving your review about your time at Assurant! We often hear how great our teams are here, and we are glad you had that positive experience as well. We have shared your comments internally to help us continue improving the employee experience.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Benefits

Oct 25, 2021 - Executive Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall goodo working environment that works hard on communication to its employees.

Cons

Bonuses are not existence in non-managerial positions, while upper management receives huge bonuses.

Assurant Response

Thank you for your comments and the years you spent at Assurant! We are glad you found the culture here enjoyable and that you felt supported with our internal communications. We have internally shared your comments to help us continue improving the employee experience as well.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Customer service

Oct 3, 2021 - Insurance Agent in Decatur, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This organization is the definition of family everyone is will to help you strive and accomplish your goal at hand. They are very friendly towards each other.

Cons

The company does not list to the employees to help simplify the job. The department’s do not work to together for the benefit of their clients

Assurant Response

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you felt like part of the Assurant family - great coworkers is one of the highlights of working here! To help us better improve our employee experience, we have also passed along your comments internally.

5. 4.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Best job ever

Sep 25, 2021 - Associate Scrum Master in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

100% WFH. Inclusive employee base. All races and gender identity is welcomed and encouraged.

Cons

No coworker get together. Everyone is in a different state, timezone, country.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Assurant has an amazing corporate culture

Sep 22, 2021 - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Assurant has a very inclusive culture.

Cons

Travel can be excessive in certain positions

Assurant Response

We appreciate your review and your many years here at Assurant! We are glad that your appreciated the inclusive culture we work hard to build. We have also shared your comments internally.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

No advancement

Oct 1, 2021 - Tax Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Assurant has Good health benefits

Cons

No advancement opportunities, no diversity, equity or inclusion

Assurant Response

Thank you for leaving a review. We are glad you enjoyed our comprehensive benefits throughout your time at Assurant. We believe that through greater diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), we reinforce our Assurant values of Common Decency, Common Sense, Uncommon Thinking and Uncommon Results. DEI is a core area of focus at Assurant, and we have implemented policies to help us practice this in our workforce, workplaces and marketplace. We have also recently introduced a required enterprise-wide diversity training for all employees. To equip our employee with options to support their growth and development, we offer a variety of internal courses, workshops, special projects, coaching and mentoring programs. Tuition reimbursement and other professional enrichment opportunities are also available to encourage continuous learning.

8. 5.0
    Former Intern

Love the Company

Sep 10, 2021 - Data Scientist in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and an inspiring group of leaders

Cons

None I can think of, I work with a great team

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good Culture

Sep 11, 2021 - Workforce Management Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits with multiple options

Cons

Low merit increases performed annually.

Assurant Response

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to have you on board and are glad you have been enjoying our comprehensive benefits. We have shared your comments internally but also encourage you to bring any concerns to your manager or People Experience Manager.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company

Sep 2, 2021 - Senior CX Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work and grow. Outstanding leaders who manage from the heart. Many opportunities for growth and development.

Cons

Some areas have limited opportunities because nepotism or “part of the club”

Assurant Response

Thank you for your feedback and for your many years at Assurant! We are glad you enjoyed your time here and felt that your growth and development were supported. We have also passed along your comments internally.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 334 Reviews