Assurant Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 17, 2021

Found 54 of over 2,200 reviews

3.7
Assurant President & CEO Keith Demmings (no image)
Keith Demmings
Pros
  • "On leàve looking to work from home(in 142 reviews)

• "Stable company with good benefits(in 140 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Unrealistic expectations from upper management at times regarding productivity(in 54 reviews)

• "Health insurance isn’t the best, some benefits just aren’t worth getting yelled at by customers(in 44 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

An Excellent Employer (With Some Caveats)

Oct 3, 2020 - Warehouse Operative in Newcastle under Lyme, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent employee benefits including a healthcare plan that covers dental and eye-care. Target oriented, but it never feels like there's an explosive collar around your neck that will explode if you drop below your target. Plenty of opportunities for advancement (only ever seen one person hired for management from outside the warehouse, but still within the company). A very friendly environment overall! (They have also taken extremely good care of us through pandemic times! Social distancing is in place, everyone is wearing masks and using hand-sanitizer, and everything is cleaned regularly

Cons

Communication between shifts can sometimes be a little inconsistent. Sometimes the upper management makes changes to priorities and processes that prove untenable.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

No common decency shown to own employees

Nov 17, 2021 - Business Development Manager in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team members are knowledgeable, benefits, pay, remote work policy.

Cons

No common decency from upper management teams to unwanted workers. Managers don't appreciate work effort of employees if you are no longer needed. Poor communication and unreal expectations of job roles and functions from management.

Assurant Response

Thank you for your review and for being part of the Assurant team for many years. We are glad to see that you have enjoyed your colleagues and our flexible work arrangements, as well as our competitive benefits and pay. And though we have shared your comments internally, we encourage you to bring your concerns to your People Experience Manager.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Benefits

Oct 25, 2021 - Executive Assistant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall goodo working environment that works hard on communication to its employees.

Cons

Bonuses are not existence in non-managerial positions, while upper management receives huge bonuses.

Assurant Response

Thank you for your comments and the years you spent at Assurant! We are glad you found the culture here enjoyable and that you felt supported with our internal communications. We have internally shared your comments to help us continue improving the employee experience as well.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee

Get in good with management

Aug 11, 2021 - Senior Research Scientist in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits were decent, there is not much more I can say

Cons

Real buddy buddy system, if you not outside friends with upper management you will not advance

Assurant Response

Thank you for being part of Assurant and for your review. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or People Experience Manager with your concerns.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

A great place to hide

Apr 28, 2021 - Director in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Above standard 401k match, pockets of ambitious, motivated people

Cons

On one half the company, middle / upper management is biding their time to collect pensions and not incentivized to deliver/change. Risk aversion and territoriality makes it difficult to improve processes and launch new offerings. On the other half of the company, business segments are fragmented and don't communicate with each other. Real world example: A business segment will hear an idea being implemented in another business segment, take that idea and rush an offering to market to claim credit but without fully understanding the problem, impact, or solution.

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Analyst

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your years of service. Assurant is always striving to continue improving our practices to ensure we remain a great place to work. We have shared your comments internally.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Stay away

May 6, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Steady paycheck. Co-workers are very nice.

Cons

Where to begin? They do not value their people. Loads of vacation time and can’t get it scheduled because you can’t get the days off with the “shared” allotted time for an entire team. All corporations are about revenue, but upper management is shady and lie continuously about everything. They offshore more work to India on a daily basis at the cost of positions here in the U.S. They rape you on the insurance, with a high deductible and high cost.

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Analyst

Thank you for your review and your years of service. Our values of Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon thinking, and Uncommon results guide us in our commitment to our employees. We pride ourselves on making Assurant a great place to work! We encourage you to reach out to your People Experience Partner with your concerns.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee

My time at Assurant

Apr 14, 2021 - Warehouse Associate in York, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overwhelming Contributing to the community to help out non profit organizations. End of year employee party.

Cons

Management unfair to the employees. Using there position to influence the employees. Not listening to opinions from certain people. Fraternizing with employees. Upper management picking favorites

Talent Acquisition Analyst

Thanks for sharing your feedback and helping make Assurant a great place to work! We are committed to providing our employees with a positive environment and we encourage you to speak to your manager or People Experience Partner about your concerns. We are always striving to continue improving our practices to ensure Assurant remains a great place to work, we will share your comments internally.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Benefits and steady work hours

Feb 10, 2021 - Team Lead in Manchester, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Steady work hours with OT available frequently, benefits are average, good PTO the longer you are there, climate control warehouse

Cons

Started to go downhill with positions being eliminated for those who put many years of dedication in. Upper management making decisions without explanation like they said they would.

Talent Acquisition Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on working at Assurant. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your work environment. We know change is never easy and lay offs are especially hard. We do treat every employee with the utmost respect and try to provide as much information as possible if these situations occur. We appreciate your comments and have shared them internally.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

Many Convenience Factors but some departments are unrealistic

Feb 7, 2021 - Research Specialist in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

On site cafeteria, dry cleaning, post office and convenience store Places to de-stress during breaks and play games or take a scenic walk Ample parking spaces

Cons

Insurance tracking department was unfair with attendance Some staff in cafeteria were rude Unrealistic expectations from upper management at times regarding productivity

Talent Acquisition Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on working at Assurant. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your work environment and amenities! We do strive to create a wonderful work/life balance and have many benefits that support our efforts. We will share your comments internally.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent benefits, very sub-par pay

Dec 21, 2020 - Loss Draft Specialist in Duluth, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good amount of PTO, paid parental leave

Cons

Upper management highly disconnected from regular staff, hourly pay is a joke when compared with job responsibility, raises also sub par (bare minimum 2% at most)

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Analyst

Thanks for sharing your feedback and helping make Assurant a great place to work! We are committed to providing our employees with a positive environment and we encourage you to speak to your manager or local HR Partner about your concerns.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 54 Reviews