Assurant Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Nov 24, 2021

Found 142 of over 2,200 reviews

3.7
Assurant President & CEO Keith Demmings (no image)
Keith Demmings
Pros
  • "On leàve looking to work from home(in 142 reviews)

• "Stable company with good benefits(in 140 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Unrealistic expectations from upper management at times regarding productivity(in 54 reviews)

• "Health insurance isn’t the best, some benefits just aren’t worth getting yelled at by customers(in 44 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A company going through digital transformation and struggling with cultural change.

Nov 7, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong HR function and very friendly. Flexible working policy and ability to work from home up to two days a week. Management is relaxed and has some good director level strength in depth.

Cons

Onboarding is very poor, HR does a good job but there is no plan for you once you pass from HR into your role, I wasn’t introduced to my team mates. There is a large amount of off shore and contractors which has a very negative effect on culture with middle management receiving little backing by their co managers on driving business change as they don’t want to collaborate with each other in driving business transformation. Very much still going through the painful stage of transformation but the business does have some potential. Depending on what working environment your used to the office decore is very traditional with poor or limited meeting space.ms.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Nic

Nov 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home temp. until asked to come back.

Cons

Going back in office. Tracking employees.

Assurant Response

Thank you for your review and for being a part of the Assurant family for so long!

3. 4.0

Accommodating

Nov 8, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I live the idea of being able to work from home and I have a nice supervisor and team leads

Cons

The job does bids based on performance and not seniority and they are sometimes not on the same page far as what needs to be done to make the calls better

1 person found this review helpful

Assurant Response

Thank you for your review and for being part of the Assurant family! We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed our flexible work arrangements and your coworkers. We have passed your comments along to our internal teams, but we also encourage you to speak with your manager or People Experience Manager regarding any concerns.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

Nov 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits work from home

Cons

Busy workload advancement is scarce

Assurant Response

We appreciate your comments and are so happy to have you as part of the team! We are glad to hear you are enjoying our comprehensive benefits and flexible work arrangements. We have passed along your comments to our internal teams, but we also encourage you to share any concerns with your manager or People Experience Manager.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not Flrxible

Nov 24, 2021 - Los Draft Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home is convenient ......................

Cons

The pay is very low $15hr

Assurant Response

We appreciate your review and have shared your comments internally to help us continue improving the employee experience. We also encourage you to share your concerns with your manager or People Experience Manager.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

love my work

Nov 1, 2021 - Processing Specialist in Florence, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I get to work from home and management is very open to personal issues that may arise.

Cons

hourly wages could be better, I've been with the company over 10 years and still at base salary for the most part

Assurant Response

Thank you so much for your review and the many years you have been part of the Assurant family! We are glad that your are enjoying our flexible work arrangements and that you've had a positive experience here. We have shared your comments internally, but we also encourage you to share your concerns with your manager or People Experience Manager.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Employee Focused Company

Oct 29, 2021 - Supervisor in Albany, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

No need to worry about being laid off ever because the turn over rate is so high. Easy to get an entry level job there as long as you apply. Now there are more work from home positions available. Benefits begin on day 1 along with PTO accrual as well. 401k available after 60 days of employment and completely vested after 2 years of employment with the company matching up to 6%.

Cons

Job is not for everyone, need to have ability to overcome your own emotions, hold your tongue, and be yelled at most the day by the customers calling in. While maintaining a warm, welcoming customer service experience.

Assurant Response

We appreciate your feedback and the years you spent at Assurant! We are glad to see that you enjoyed our comprehensive benefits during your time here. We have also shared your comments internally to support our efforts of improving the employee experience.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Busy

Oct 19, 2021 - Claims Adjuster
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home during COVID Overtime

Cons

Work Life Balance isn’t great

Assurant Response

We appreciate you taking the time to review, and we are so glad to have you as part of the team here at Assurant! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying our flexible work arrangements, and we do also encourage you to bring any concerns to your manager or People Experience Manager.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Flood Insurance Underwriter

Sep 29, 2021 - Flood Underwriter II in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, hands off managment, good work/life balance

Cons

Salary has not kept up with job market. System issues getting worse.

Assurant Response

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to have you in the Assurant family! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying our flexible ways to work and work/life balance. We have shared your comments internally to help us continuously improve the employee experience, but we also encourage you to bring your concerns to your manager or People Experience Manager.

10. 5.0

Great Company to work for

Sep 21, 2021 - Business Analyst in Wilmington, DE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from Home, Competitive pay and benefits, relaxed environment

Cons

None I can think of

Assurant Response

Thank you for your review and for being part of the Assurant team! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying our competitive benefits, flexible work arrangements and our culture.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 142 Reviews