AstraZeneca Employee Reviews about "career progression"
84% would recommend to a friend
(82 total reviews)
95% approve of CEO
What people are saying about AstraZeneca
2 years ago
I’m in the final round for the Life Science Capabilities and Insights Analyst role at McKinsey. Can someone provide deeper insight on what this role entails. Is this client facing? What is the usual base salary? I’m a current Scientist at AstraZeneca. Thanks!
Science & Research
6 days ago
I recently applied for a position at AstraZeneca. Nothing happened in first 3 months. I did not hear back anything from them. My application status was "application received" until last week. I checked the workday system and I saw my application is "inactive" and "No longer in consideration". They even did not send any notification about the application. They are really terrible company. They say they have values but they do not respect people. It is controversial!
8 days ago
Georgia State University
I have around 1.5 yrs of Medical domain (MRI, fMRI, mammographic )exp in applying ML/DL to it, anyone willing to refer me? (4 GPA, 4 internships, Won 2 hackathons) @gehealth Amgen Johnson & Johnson AstraZeneca Biogen Pfizer Eli Lilly and Company Gilead Sciences Gilead Sciences, Inc Takeda Takeda Oncology Novartis healthcare Thanks
Got a burning question about AstraZeneca? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with AstraZeneca employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good and if manager is behind you then it’s ok" (in 541 reviews)
- "Good work life balance and inclusivity" (in 431 reviews)
- "Money and people are great" (in 392 reviews)
- "There is a great culture in Canada and globally we have an exciting pipeline of products that is coming" (in 221 reviews)
- "Salary is good and competive" (in 182 reviews)
- "Direct line management was poor in some cases." (in 166 reviews)
- "This leaves lots of employees adrift while the ones lucky enough to have a good manager thrive." (in 104 reviews)
- "Leadership is poor and not direct." (in 70 reviews)
- "slow career progression for entry level employee" (in 38 reviews)
- "Unfair and Biased upper management" (in 36 reviews)
Found 82 of over 7K reviews
Updated 28 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "career progression"Return to all Reviews
- 5.018 May 2020Executive Medical RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsJakarta
Work Life Balance, Good manager, Good relationship between employee and manager, good salary, good incentive, good medical benefits, good training
Career progression for Manager or Marketing Position
- 5.013 Nov 2020Senior ScientistCurrent EmployeeManchester, England
Focus on working for patients Good benefits and share options Support flexible working
Career progression can feel slow or pathways not always obvious
- 5.027 Aug 2016Process EngineerFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsBristol, England
Friendly place to work but with opportunities for career development and progression. Always good management.
Sad to see operations being scaled back in favour of outsourced manufacturing.
- 4.016 Mar 2022Senior ScientistCurrent EmployeeManchester, England
- Bold and progressive sustainability ambitions - Working to shared core values, that underpin everything - Working with excellent colleagues and supportive teams to positively impact patients and make a difference
- Career progression (particularly within department) can be difficult
- 5.014 Sept 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Strong pipeline and leadership Sincere interest in making this a great place to work Ability to change roles easily
Like all big companies, too many operational steps Sometimes barriers to promotion due to colleagues being here longer that had a slower career progression
- 4.030 Dec 2016FinanceFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsWilmington, DE
Work with strong team of professionals to allow development and career progression. Finance team has multiple opportunities in locations across the world.
Near term US business forecast is challenging with several large products losing patent exclusivity in 2015 & 2016 resulting significant reductions in staff.
- 3.02 Jun 2020ScientistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsCambridge, England
The salaries are pretty good as well as the benefit package As a scientist there's a wide portfolio covering several different therapeutic areas They hire people with no previous industry experience
The constant regorganizations make a career progression really difficult Manager behaviour is completely unconsistent between different groups, even in the same department Due to the poor career progression there's a pretty high turnover1