AstraZeneca Employee Reviews about "leadership"
84% would recommend to a friend
(354 total reviews)
95% approve of CEO
What people are saying about AstraZeneca
2 years ago
I’m in the final round for the Life Science Capabilities and Insights Analyst role at McKinsey. Can someone provide deeper insight on what this role entails. Is this client facing? What is the usual base salary? I’m a current Scientist at AstraZeneca. Thanks!
Science & Research
6 days ago
I recently applied for a position at AstraZeneca. Nothing happened in first 3 months. I did not hear back anything from them. My application status was "application received" until last week. I checked the workday system and I saw my application is "inactive" and "No longer in consideration". They even did not send any notification about the application. They are really terrible company. They say they have values but they do not respect people. It is controversial!
8 days ago
Georgia State University
I have around 1.5 yrs of Medical domain (MRI, fMRI, mammographic )exp in applying ML/DL to it, anyone willing to refer me? (4 GPA, 4 internships, Won 2 hackathons) @gehealth Amgen Johnson & Johnson AstraZeneca Biogen Pfizer Eli Lilly and Company Gilead Sciences Gilead Sciences, Inc Takeda Takeda Oncology Novartis healthcare Thanks
Got a burning question about AstraZeneca? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with AstraZeneca employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good and if manager is behind you then it’s ok" (in 541 reviews)
- "Good work life balance and inclusivity" (in 431 reviews)
- "Money and people are great" (in 392 reviews)
- "There is a great culture in Canada and globally we have an exciting pipeline of products that is coming" (in 221 reviews)
- "Salary is good and competive" (in 182 reviews)
- "Direct line management was poor in some cases." (in 166 reviews)
- "This leaves lots of employees adrift while the ones lucky enough to have a good manager thrive." (in 104 reviews)
- "Leadership is poor and not direct." (in 70 reviews)
- "slow career progression for entry level employee" (in 38 reviews)
- "Unfair and Biased upper management" (in 36 reviews)
Found 354 of over 7K reviews
Updated 28 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "leadership"Return to all Reviews
- 2.020 Apr 2021Associate EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChennai
Perks are good and annual benefits you will receive 100%
Management is very poor, you'll face a lot of micromanaging. Especially don't join the Chatbot team. Managers use slang in team meetings like idiot, stupid, waste and my manager use to plan boozing with his ofriends during sceduled meeting in conference room. HR is irresponsible and all control is in hand of pm who will have 0 leadership skill.
- 4.02 May 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Pay is very good Opportunities for career development
The Commercial Learning and Development Department is a very dysfunctional place. There is constant turnover in leadership and the team dynamics within the training teams are tough. Since it is a developmental role, people are trying to get out and it creates and environment of fierce competition amongst peers. constant back biting and bad behavior is tolerated due to an overall lack of leadership. Nepotism.
- 2.016 Sept 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeTaiwangou
Good place to learn and have exposure to above country level project
lack of leadership and very political environment without even a bit of meritocracy
- 5.028 Jan 2022Raw Materials PlannerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsGaithersburg, MD
The leadership is developing a creative innovative culture which is focused on growth and advancement.
DOES NOT SUPPORT WORKING FROM HOME1
- 4.012 Apr 2022Principal ScientistFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsWaltham, MA
Interesting science Open, collaborative work environment Approachable and visible senior leadership Target bonus typical, and actual bonus frequently well in excess of target
Salary below industry average. Very Europe-centric (headcount, but also opportunities). Biology/Chemistry are king, all other scientists are considered support functions. Career ladder tops out fast, progression after that seems to favor those in UK/Sweden who've served many years at company.
- 4.013 Apr 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsWest Chester, OH
They pay is great. The benefits are amazing. Great ability to change roles if wanting a different career path or to gain a broader experience. Upward movement in your current role can be difficult due to management not wanting to leave their roles, but you are able to apply for different positions after a year of being hired in your current role. Chances for a higher role is possible in other departments if nothing is available in your own. Good leadership that pushes for you to grow if you want to improve your knowledge of the position.
Salaried positions can have longer hours, but that is the nature of salary. It is not something that is forced or pushed, but if you have a project to do, you will need to put in the work to complete it on time. Not much recourse when it comes to management that is under-performing
- 2.026 Nov 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSpeke, England
Fantastic company benefits but would rather be happy at a job than have a great pension scheme. Holidays are also decent that’s about it really.
Appraisal system was used inappropriately to destroy how hard people worked. Building a relationship with the senior team was nothing short of a challenge. Most senior managers and team leaders etc are technically brilliant but lack true leadership skills. To much of us and them attitude etc that lead to low morale and trust issues. Don’t go in with an open mind and think of changing anything you will get shot down fairly quickly, it’s not what you know it’s who you know.3
- 5.029 Jan 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsPetaling Jaya
Senior leadership and line manager really great! Understanding and very flexible. Put mental health above all, very supportive.
The increment can be not great
- 4.06 Jun 2022Commercial Leadership AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearWilmington, DE
The Commercial Leadership Development Program is an excellent way for MBA graduates to step into the pharmaceutical industry. Between roles in marketing, sales, and market access CLAs will have exposure and a network across the three pillars of US commerical biopharmaceuticals. With an exit to associate director roles it's a great LDP to accelerate one's career.
Location is OK at best (Wilmington, DE). Many CLAs choose to live in Philly.
- 5.09 Mar 2021IT Senior ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsChennai
Learning, AZ values, Innovation, work life balance
LT needs learnings in leadership skills which helps workforce end with high satisfaction and zero attrition