AstraZeneca "pipeline" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

AstraZeneca Employee Reviews about "pipeline"

Updated 18 Jan 2019

3.9

Reviews about "pipeline"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Director"

in Cambridge, England

I have been working at AstraZeneca for more than a year

Pros

Great Company to work for !

Cons

Need more people for the pipeline to be delivered

AstraZeneca2018-08-02
  2. "Senior director marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at AstraZeneca full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people and culture with improved decision making

Cons

Pipeline and study success delivery

Advice to Management

Stop changing sites

AstraZeneca2017-09-07
  3. "Good opportunities for me, but I don't believe it has the pipeline to succeed long term"

Former Employee - Pricing Director in Macclesfield, England

I worked at AstraZeneca full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Had a very supportive culture, but like most places it was very dependent on which team you're in and who your boss is Great at selling stuff!

Cons

Crazy internal governance and decision making - very driven by personalities rather than reason I left when things were going a bit crazy - hopefully things are better now. The pipeline was looking extremely thin. Not sure it has transformed in the way the external world (and Pfizer) thinks it has Talent management and development was for the few, and was totally dependent on the goodwill of your line manager

Advice to Management

Improve decision making at the highest level Make development and talent management accessible to all.

AstraZeneca2014-10-16

"Great experience, but felt a bit out of the loop"

Current Intern - Medicinal Chemistry Placement Student in Alderley Park, England

I have been working at AstraZeneca for more than a year

Pros

Social - most people in your team/section have tea together. Often, large lunch groups form. Great food - very good restaurant for lunch, tho the prices started to creep up quite high. Good facilities - usually have access to all the equipment you would want. Plenty of consumables budget. Sense of community/belonging. Opportunities for secondments and further training Great sports clubs and facilities.

Cons

For me, I felt very disconnected from the projects I worked on, as I was quite junior, I wasn't invited to design meetings - I'd just be given a target list. This quickly became tiresome, just feeling like a chemistry machine without purpose. Whilst I was there (2007-2008), we hit recession and the company restructured, with a whole section losing their jobs in one afternoon. That was a tough experience for everybody. AZ don't seem to have a clear vision for their product pipeline. This makes me worry about their future. The solution is not to just keep buying out biological companies. Often, there was too much emphasis on effociency and six-sigma, rather than thinking more carefully about how targets are designed and distributed to chemists. No communication happened between chemists and biologists (and others). This only happened at a team leader level. Many projects seemed to have stagnated - they had been around a long time.

Advice to Management

Drug discovery is inherently interdisciplinary. Make time to allow all departments on a project to communicate with all members of that project team. Also, involve all medicinal chemists in the design process. This will prevent stagnation and breed creativity, to push on projects faster. Think less about how a process fits into the lean sigma strategy and more about how to get te best quality from the molecules and data you generate, rather than just making things quickly. The career progression path is a bit mystical to new recruits.

AstraZeneca2012-07-29
  5. "Good if you are on high level."

Financial Analyst in Manchester, England

I have been working at AstraZeneca

Pros

Good to have on your cv. Global point of view into the businesses. Permanent employees get ok benefits. Good physical conditions, nice food place etc.

Cons

Unfair promotions. It is important who you know not what you do. Too far to the city unless you are living in alderley edge Ongoing outsourcing. If you are not European, your chances to be promoted are very low. Too traditional. Not enough focus on product pipeline. Fixed terms are treated unfairly comparing they are doing the same job to permanents.

Advice to Management

Try cuting costs on senior management levels. Inefficient structures at some departments lead to idle employees. Dont only talk about diversity but also lead by example and promote real diversity.

AstraZeneca2012-04-23
  6. "Capable people, hugely political. Full of European and American managers"

in London, England

I have been working at AstraZeneca

Pros

Great products, friendly work place, work life balance

Cons

Low on diversity , unfair and political promotions , poor product pipeline

Advice to Management

Give opportunity to non Europeans and non Americans, be honest in communication

AstraZeneca2011-12-02
  7. "Great place to work ten years ago"

Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at AstraZeneca full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Average salary, great benefits - 6% 401k match

Cons

Sales data dubious, culture is very negative, no strong leadership, weak pipeline.

Advice to Management

Improve formula for calculating COE so that it is a fair comparison, bring back some fun and motivating culture... it will help people want to sell for you again and retain the good employees.

AstraZeneca2019-01-19

"Sales Representative"

I worked at AstraZeneca full-time

Pros

The pay is good, and the Medical Benefits are pretty reasonable

Cons

Comp plans are horribly, Mid Level Mgrs are sub-par, pipeline for Cardiology is drying up, and the company has sold off almost all of its Corporate Headquarters Buildings in Delaware so ther's no sense of a feeling of growth and development, and innovation rather a lot of downsizing, and desperation!!!

Advice to Management

Invest in YOUR Good people so they won't feel compelled to go outside the company to advance their career!!! And embrace diversity and stand up for ALL people all inclusive of EVERYONE! And stop pretending to say you put patients first.

AstraZeneca2018-11-13
  9. "There is always a way to contribute to life changing science"

I have been working at AstraZeneca full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dynamic, patient-oriented, science driven. A good place to start your career supported by seniors with long experience. AZ believes in the power of its employees.

Cons

Big company so it might be difficult to understand the business structure and pipeline when arriving new at the company.

AstraZeneca2018-08-01

"For a Pharma company doesn't care about health of employees"

I have been working at AstraZeneca

Pros

Lots of job opportunities as there seems to be high turnover. Big Pharma so some people are able to hide and get away without doing anything as I've seen first hand.

Cons

The worst company I've ever worked at, they are so disorganized and some people have no idea what they are doing. Talking to Hr is a joke as they are part of the problem. They do not care about employees and in fact encourage people to leave. They think people should be lined up to join their company. They don't have a strong pipeline as some of the drugs they were counting on have not panned out the way they wanted. They know how to spin stories to their advantage. I would never recommend this company to anyone knowing what I know now. I should have trusted my gut before joining this company.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with the truth don't lie and cover up.

AstraZeneca2017-12-20