At Your Service Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.2
At Your Service Staffing Founder and CEO Mark Casaburi
Mark Casaburi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Easy work, Flexible Shifts and Working at different high profile places like Embassy of Indonesia, IMF, The Senate" (in 3 reviews)

• "I met a ton of new people working at different venues" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Shifts sometimes get cancelled very last minute" (in 7 reviews)

• "A person has to fulfill a standard in order to be consider to work an event" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Very good experience, I recommend it for the international people"

Former Employee - Server/Waitress in Reading, England
    Former Employee - Server/Waitress in Reading, England

I worked at At Your Service Staffing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff was very nice ! The managers are patient and they teach us a lot.
    The events we can appply are awesome, and it was very easy to use the internet software of AYS. Futhermore, we can choose whenever we want to work.
    I wasn't english, they were very understanding with me and it's a nice way to meet other students.

Cons

The only negative comment I can think of, is that we are not paid during our travel time. The company ordered taxi sometimes, but they are very slow...

Advice to Management

Continue to be the same !

2. "Flexible Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at At Your Service Staffing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Your Service staffs great events in the best venues London's with the best Caterers in the UK. The staff are super friendly and you make friends quickly, so you never have to dread a shift :) The bookers in the office are also super nice and try to make your and their life as stressfree as possible.

All in all, if you're looking for flexible work to accommodate
     your Uni schedule, this might be a great place for you.

Cons

Pay is not the greatest, but you can work your way up to a higher pay with time.

3. "Terrible Company"

Current Employee - Catering in London, England
    Current Employee - Catering in London, England

I have been working at At Your Service Staffing (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to meet new people and get flexible and interesting shifts.

Furthermore they seem to pretty much accept anyone, even if your English is terrible.

The Training is is a 3-4 hour event, where you have to do a test in the end, which is pretty much common sense.

Cons

I don't even know where to start:

- For not attending events you can be fined 20 (usually 40) pounds, if you don't tell them about your absence 2 WORKING days in advance.

- Each event I go to is seriously disorganised. I can never find AYS or a person that is supposed to meet me and it sometimes takes me an hour to find them in a long queue. AYS takes the time you wait for your job card off your hours, so you get paid less. And once I arrive at the intended place, I get negative comments for lateness, even though I am not late. Nobody in any event anywhere has a clue or cares where you have to go and keep telling you different places.

- Royal Albert Hall shifts are always off the table, as 90% of the people I met told me that they always get taken off the shift a few days before it happens.

- The staff of AYS decided to put me into a shift at Royal Ascot the day before without telling me and when I called them, they were saying that that was completely my fault and that their team does not randomly book people into shifts. iIexplicitly told them that I cannot do that particular day at any time. It felt like they did that to me on purpose, as a few days before that event I cancelled a shift without telling them a few days in advance and they said that it may affect my future shift priority.

- The team treats most people like animals and they make you look bad if you don't do one of their shifts.

Do not work for this company, unless there is no other option.

Advice to Management

- Inform Staff of Events of where AYS is located

- Do not make everything seem like it is the worker's fault

- Ensure the management team is more polite and approachable

- Ensure that there are no mistakes on the system, where someone can accidentally be booked onto a shift

4. "NEVER WORK FOR THEM!!"

Current Employee - Waitress/Bar Staff
    Current Employee - Waitress/Bar Staff

I have been working at At Your Service Staffing part-time

Pros

The only good thing was meeting other empolyees ( however you would only see them on a shift once or twice if your lucky)

Cons

By far the worst Agency ever!
    their very unorganized, they will book you into a shift at a specific time then the day before your ment to work they will change your start and finish time, making you shift longer or shorter!
    They booked me in for a shift a day before without calling me to tell me and fined me £20!!
    Yes they fine you minimum £20 if you don't go to yor shift, even when Your Sick and tell them a couple days before , their so inconsiderate, and their staff are rude, their only nice when they want you to work for a shift.
    You dont get breaks your lucky if you work 8 hours and get a 20min break.
    They make you do work that isnt even your roll, like carrying heavy tables up staircases and shout at you if your not doing it quick enough.

At Your Service Staffing Response

12 Feb 2018 – Operations Manager

I am sorry that you had a bad experience. Unfortunately, this review is not for our company. We do not do business in the UK and never fine our employees for anything.

"Avoid this company!"

Current Employee - Bar/Waiting Staff in London, England
    Current Employee - Bar/Waiting Staff in London, England

I have been working at At Your Service Staffing (More than a year)

Pros

The event work is often fun and extremely flexible.

Cons

There are a number of serious issues, particularly with the booking staff, that need to be handled:
    They are extremely rude and impersonal- they do not listen to you on the phone unless you say you are going to be working, leading to miscommunication and arguments.
    They end conversations abruptly and I have been shouted at down the phone on numerous occasions.
    They call obsessively, calling numerous times a day especially when you first start.
    I've had many events cancelled and changed at last minute, which has been inconvenient to say the least.
    The pay is an embarrassment, especially for a company that operates in London (and you rarely get tips).
    Staff at events often talk about the behaviour of the booking staff so I know that some of my aforementioned points are felt by many people.
    At this company, event staff are not treated like people, just numbers and money. I've worked for a number of organizations that do event work, but none of them are as terrible as this one.

Advice to Management

There is something wrong with the way your booking staff operate and this needs to be changed if you want to retain the event staff for longer than a few months. Maybe it's the way they are incentivized or the conditions of the office, but it is not healthy and it is evident from the way that they behave towards the event staff.

"AVOID THIS COMPANY"

Former Employee - Head Waiter in London, England
    Former Employee - Head Waiter in London, England

I worked at At Your Service Staffing (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is nothing good about this company. They are a complete embarrassment and treat their staff extremely poorly.

Cons

This company are the worst I have ever worked for. They are an extremely unorganised team, and are only concerned with money. Most staff members will complain about the treatment of this company.
    I was asked to shave with a cheap razor with no shaving foam, even though I had already shaved and was very presentable.
    If you cancel a shift you will get pay deducted. However, if they cancel a shift there is no reimbursement to the worker. Likewise, they frequently change hours at the last minute making it an absolute requirement for you to change your schedule, as if you cannot do it, you will be charged.
    Uniform has to be purchased by the worker.
    Managers are extremely rude and unprofessional.
    Often the places you are expected to work are completely pretentious and rude.
    If I was to hire an events agency, AYS would certainly be one to avoid. Knowing what goes on behind the scenes with respect to food and hygiene, I would avoid at all costs.
    Staff also have to pay for travel to and from events with no reimbursement.

Advice to Management

Have a serious rethink about your attitude towards staff and customers. I would suggest an overhaul of the current management team to make AYS into a desirable and honest place to work, where staff are treated with respect. Paying staff a poor minimum wage in London is an embarrassment where you hire individuals out for triple or quadruple the price.

"Rude, forceful, little care"

Former Employee - Waiter in London, England
    Former Employee - Waiter in London, England

I worked at At Your Service Staffing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meet some lovely people whilst doing shifts

Cons

People in the office can be rude down the phone to staff

Shift times can change last minute

You can turn up to a venue and suddenly not be needed.

Very hard work for seven pounds an hour

Advice to Management

Treat your workers with a little more respect rather than instruments that make you money. Respect that they are self employed.

8. "You want this experience!"

Former Employee - Hospitality Professional in London, England
    Former Employee - Hospitality Professional in London, England

I worked at At Your Service Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an Aussie on a working visa here to experience London and all it has to offer, I could not have found a better job! Through working for AYS, I got to work at the most incredible venues, be a part of events such as movie premieres, car launches, royal events. Not to mention the amazing people you get to work with and the celebs you might meet/see! AYS hire people based on attitude, and you can tell. Everyone has an enthusiastic personality. I enjoyed every moment I worked with this company, couldn't vouch for it anymore.

Cons

If you want the most out of it, you need to be flexible and organised. Being the industry, events can pop up last minute and some can cancel. But the office team always try to offer you something else to make up for any cancelled shifts.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

9. "employee"

Current Employee - Employee
    Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at At Your Service Staffing part-time

Pros

Working at different venues around London and meeting new people.

Cons

Swap and changing of shifts. Disorganised members of staff. Don't give directions for every shift which doesn't make sense. Being pulled from pillar to post. Not enough pay as it all goes on travel. Already replace you if you are more than half an hour later because you couldn't find. Dont get a proper lunch break. Don't support people with whom may have learning disabilities . Only get trained one day and then expected to be left to teach yourself.

Advice to Management

Be a bit more sensitive towards other peoples feelings, give extra support to people who have a certain need or people which English isn't their first language. Have more patience and do not rush into things so quickly. Also show more support and guidance. Increase the pay.

"employee"

I worked at At Your Service Staffing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, not difficult at all. You can decide to work in advance or last minute and there are a variety of shifts. Sometimes provides transport for further shifts.

Cons

Pay is not great, often on site managers may not be the nicest. Have to pay for most of your travel unless it's too late.

Advice to Management

Need to focus on gaining more contracts that are reliable. Staff morale is low as they have little respect for the company.