Atalian Servest Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 182 reviews

Atalian Servest CEO Daniel Dickson
Daniel Dickson
Pros
Cons
  • "No benefits - the only benefit we have is on site parking but with office moves this will become non existent also(in 7 reviews)

• "long hours, certainly no room to hide(in 6 reviews)

1. "Chef Manager"

Current Employee - Chef Manager in Derby, England

I have been working at Atalian Servest full-time for more than a year

Pros

Encourage creativity and allow staff to grow, great camaraderie

Cons

No bad cons working for this company

Atalian Servest2019-09-01

September 2, 2019Hello@servest.co.uk

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review, I am glad to read your positive comments, we really appreciate it!

2. "Ok"

Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at Atalian Servest part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good team to work with

Cons

Not any company benefits for employees

Atalian Servest2019-10-10
  3. "Average"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Atalian Servest full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Trusted to work independently

Cons

Wages never seem to be reviewed, no chance of progression

Atalian Servest2019-10-14
  4. "No budget, no uniform, no pay."

I have been working at Atalian Servest

Pros

The job is easy to get provided you have some supervising experience. Servest are desperate for cleaning managers because they keep leaving.

Cons

Pay is consistently wrong for all staff. Hours budget is too low. Stock order budget is only enough to restock chemicals every month. If you need to get other essentials (gloves, mops, cloths, machine pads, etc.) then you have to sacrifice something else. There is no way to stockpile equipment or chemicals as spares. Uniform is never ordered, you get offered the odd piece of uniform every now and then but it's... never what you need. I had uniform "ordered" when I started, I'm now 3+ months in and I'm still wearing my own clothes/boots. Two of my cleaners, one started before me and the other after me, also don't have any uniform and are forced to wear their own clothes. This is despite the fact that a requirement of our weekly audit is that all staff wear the correct uniform. I was told I'd be provided a phone and a laptop. I got a phone after one week but I'm still waiting for a laptop.

Advice to Management

Care more and fight our corner. We need help but we aren't getting it. I'm often working overtime at the expense of my family life because I'm getting no support from upper management and am expected to be available at all times for cover.

Atalian Servest2019-10-08
  5. "Resourcing Advisor"

Current Employee - Resourcing Advisor

I have been working at Atalian Servest full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great agile working patterns, great engagement with managers.

Cons

Due to the scope, size and many different sectors we cover - communication can fall between departments at times. However, we are continuing to improve this and this falls down to the consistent change and growth within the company.

Atalian Servest2019-08-27

September 2, 2019Hello@servest.co.uk

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review, I am really happy to read your comments. Thank you again!

6. "Work for at your own risk!"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Atalian Servest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only positive, if you can call it that? Is that it's a job.

Cons

Worst company I have ever worked for. Management attitude is indifferent, verging on just plain useless. You literally have to take what they with a huge pinch of salt. No thought or care for the guys and girls on the ground. Inadequate training. Equipment, almost a luxury. Any sort of pay increase, payrise comes with more strings attached than a puppet show. Incredibly, all the management seemed to have been... grown in a factory, without any kind of reasoning or thought or common sense included. Can not attract new staff, and when they do, most are already looking for a new job, as they realise what they've stepped into....

Advice to Management

Start treating the staff with respect, and grow some trust, for starters.

Atalian Servest2019-09-22

October 3, 2019Hello@servest.co.uk

I am so sorry to read that you are unhappy in your role. I note that you are a current employee so I would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss the challenges you are facing to see if we can help improve how you feel about working with us. Please contact me via hello.gb.servest@atalianworld.com

"Like my job but not the company"

Current Employee - Administrator in Bury St Edmunds, England

I have been working at Atalian Servest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I like my role which has a certain level of independence and employees are friendly. Nice people to work with.

Cons

Terrible pay - having to up the salary to bring it in line with minimum wage. No benefits - the only benefit we have is on site parking but with office moves this will become non existent also. Overworked - the company is winning new contracts which is great but they won't increase the budgets for more staff to deal with these wins which means staff are getting stressed and going home almost in tears due to the work... load. Which is ironic because the charity the company is supporting is related to mental health. Charity begins at home. Focus on the employees and their mental health to start. These reviews are monitored and some get sent to the board. Which would be a great concept if the hundreds of concerns on here were actioned. Inequality between roles. Some people are allowed to work from home some aren't. Upper management are completely out of touch with the lowly workers. No room for progression even though this was why I joined.

Advice to Management

Increase pay. Increase budgets for teams to cope with the new contracts. Communicate throughout the business. Maybe even say hello when you walk through the office. Offer benefits and an incentive to work . Provide equal opportunities- why can some people do qualifications that aren't relevent to their roles and others can't do basic ones.

Atalian Servest2019-08-16

September 2, 2019Hello@servest.co.uk

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review, we really appreciate your hard work and advice and I am glad to read that you enjoy your job role. All of your comments will be passed on to senior management and if you would like to discuss these concerns in more detail, please feel free to email me via hello.gb.servest@atalianworld.com

"Love the job but company must make changes"

I have been working at Atalian Servest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Job itself is really enjoyable. Challenging and interesting, with a certain level of autonomy over the work. -Large number of employees, plenty of people to interact with and develop working relationships with. -Relaxed environment. -Some lovely people within the business.

Cons

- No development opportunities - the company constantly go on about this but never been given any information around this. The online courses are just the bog standard health & safety ones and aren't exactly useful in developing your career. -No career opportunities. Seems that jobs are created all the time for people already high up within the company but no one "lower down" ever advances. Promotions are... definitely awarded based on personal relationships and not much else. -No recognition for work done. Except for select teams/individuals who are friendly with the right people. -Company consistently brag about their massive turnover and monetary achievements but staff never see any reward. No bonuses or pay rises and certainly no thanks. -A minuscule amount of senior staff are polite, involved and engaged. Most tend to look down on others and have no understanding of what their staff do. -Communication within the company is terrible and information is not efficiently passed between teams. -Any issues raised are ignored/put aside to deal with another time. -Regular emails are sent out celebrating "successes" that are not, in fact, successes. Contracts are won, so the company celebrate. For the teams working on these contracts, things rarely run smoothly and it's often a shambles. This is completely ignored and nothing is ever done to ensure similar mistakes aren't repeated. -Recently the company has become much less open to flexible working patterns and working-from-home. This is a step in the wrong direction and means the job is less inclusive for those with families or other needs.

Advice to Management

Take staff seriously and have some respect for the little people that keep your business going. -Engage with everybody. -Think about improving salaries and benefits for people other than the directors. (And stop bragging about your own progressions). -Consult staff and teams before making big changes - we do know our jobs quite well. -Slow down on new contracts unless you are prepared to expand your back office and... operational teams. -Think about your flexible working options and trust your staff to work from home. People are much more likely to do their job well when they feel respected.

Atalian Servest2019-08-01

9. "Solid business"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at Atalian Servest full-time

Pros

Some great people who care

Cons

Bought by larger organisation

Atalian Servest2019-08-07

September 2, 2019Hello@servest.co.uk

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, I am glad to read you worked with some great people!

"Worst company for work"

Current Employee - Line Chef in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Atalian Servest part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is last pleace on word to work for it

Cons

No support, pay not correct, no respect for people

Advice to Management

Management is worst, no comment. Bulling people. People work for this company 10 years still on minimum wage doesnt better what you do. No promoted people. No chance doing some career even if you really good. This company has just reviews on indeed 1.7 star and this is very bad.

Atalian Servest2019-09-02