Atalian Servest Employee Reviews about "no benefits"

Updated Apr 29, 2021

Found 11 of over 352 reviews

2.9
Atalian Servest Chief Executive Officer UK and Ireland Daniel Dickson
Daniel Dickson
Pros
  • "There's good pay, a good union, decent hours(in 10 reviews)

• "Working environment great training and wellbeing(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No training offered despite promises of it(in 12 reviews)

• "No benefits, lowest pay they cant even get right(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "no benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Manager

Sep 12, 2017 - Manager in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive ops manager so are his support managers.overall a good company to work for

Cons

no benefits for employees,no bonus scheme,no motivation from the company

hello@servest.co.uk

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad to see your Ops and support manager are very supportive. Thank you for the positive feedback! If you log in to Servest Street and click on 'My Servest' and 'My Perks' you will find a few different benefits such as the Health Cash Plan and discount with one of our service lines. As and when benefits are available, this is where you will be able to find them. I am concerned about your comment about lack of motivation from the company and I would be really keen to chat further about what we can do to help you feel more motivated. We have loads of development opportunities on offer and I would be more than happy to discuss these with you. Please feel free to email me via hello@servest.co.uk for more information. Thanks again, Michaela

2. 1.0
      Former Employee

WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE

Apr 29, 2021 - Assistant in Romford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot think of a single one...

Cons

No benefits, lowest pay they cant even get right. Its always less than it should be, and payroll never reply. Bad upper management, no pregession. Awful envirmoent .

Hello@servest.co.uk

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to read that your experience with us was not a positive one. Atalian Servest takes all complaints of any nature very seriously. Please contact us at hello.gb.servest@atalianworld.com to discuss this matter further.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Please do NOT take a job with this company

Nov 20, 2020 - Manager in Newcastle, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most people are friendly. Equipment and chemicals readily available. They do tend to promote within.

Cons

This company treats its staff like they are numbers and not people. Particularly highlighted this year with covid. Pretty sure they are using the furlough scheme to make money as they leap on it whenever it is announced, even if the work is still needed. Most business is still ongoing and plenty of business still coming in, yet lots of people are furloughed with no top up to pay, no contact to even see if we are ok, nothing. Try to get h&s advice (much needed at the moment) to find out the whole h&s team is furloughed, during a pandemic! Things like IT and hr are now mostly based overseas because, you guessed it, it saves money, but it makes getting answers or help very difficult as you have to go through multiple stages to get help and the people on the other end of the phone often don't understand you. No benefits to working, minimum holiday, no sick pay, minimum pension. Work life balance is terrible. Too many sites per manager, too much pressure and no support whatsoever from senior management. I had no training when I joined and had to find my own way. Struggled with stress while I was here and when I tried to talk to my manager was told 'well I don't get any support either'. Also be wary of positive reviews on here seeing as I heard people were asked to leave good ones to improve their score! Leaving here was the best thing I ever did.

Hello@servest.co.uk

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to read that your experience with us was not a positive one. Atalian Servest takes all complaints of any nature very seriously. Please contact us on hello.gb.servest@atalianworld.com to discuss this matter further.

4. 2.0

Not the best

Mar 15, 2020 - Billing Clerk in Bury St Edmunds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free coffee, not much else

Cons

Poor management, bad pay, no benefits

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Like my job but not the company

Aug 16, 2019 - Administrator in Bury St Edmunds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I like my role which has a certain level of independence and employees are friendly. Nice people to work with.

Cons

Terrible pay - having to up the salary to bring it in line with minimum wage. No benefits - the only benefit we have is on site parking but with office moves this will become non existent also. Overworked - the company is winning new contracts which is great but they won't increase the budgets for more staff to deal with these wins which means staff are getting stressed and going home almost in tears due to the work load. Which is ironic because the charity the company is supporting is related to mental health. Charity begins at home. Focus on the employees and their mental health to start. These reviews are monitored and some get sent to the board. Which would be a great concept if the hundreds of concerns on here were actioned. Inequality between roles. Some people are allowed to work from home some aren't. Upper management are completely out of touch with the lowly workers. No room for progression even though this was why I joined.

4 people found this review helpful

Hello@servest.co.uk

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review, we really appreciate your hard work and advice and I am glad to read that you enjoy your job role. All of your comments will be passed on to senior management and if you would like to discuss these concerns in more detail, please feel free to email me via hello.gb.servest@atalianworld.com

6. 2.0

Poor

Aug 6, 2019 - Payroll in Bury, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Colleagues and a fairly good environment to work in most of the time.

Cons

Pay is extremely poor and there are no benefits.

2 people found this review helpful

Hello@servest.co.uk

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I am glad to read you have great colleagues! If you would like to discuss your comments further, please feel free to email me via hello.gb.servest@atalianworld.com

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent Experience

Jul 12, 2019 - Human Resources Advisor in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team I work with are possibly the greatest group I could ask for. I have had some of the best mentors I could have asked for. The variety and level of experience you gain is excellent. Very challenging.

Cons

Below benchmark salary, statutory annual leave, no benefits.

Hello@servest.co.uk

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I am so glad to read that you enjoy working with your team and the experience you are gaining working with us. Thank you for your hard work and dedication!

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Atalian Servest - successful business?

Jul 10, 2019 - Administrator in Bury St Edmunds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have gained good experience in a professional work environment.

Cons

The worst thing about working at this company is the lack of communication throughout the business. Winning contracts is given top priority, with little regard for the work that goes into a TUPE/new contract. There is also almost no accountability, meaning that the cleaners get treated the worst - missing payment, over taxed due to clerical errors, overworked - and nothing is done about it. The pay is also shockingly low, with no movement on salary or any opportunity to progress. Finally, there are no benefits to this job other than actually being in employment.

3 people found this review helpful

Hello@servest.co.uk

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I'm disappointed to read that you feel this way and would really like the opportunity to discuss things with you to make sure that your manager is offering you the support you need. Please email me via hello.gb.servest@atalianworld.com and we will work together to see if we can sort out any challenges you're experiencing.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee

Servest

Dec 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brilliant team to work with. Huge amount of experience.

Cons

No benefits after salary at all. Senior management appear to have disconnected with the majority of the workforce.

Hello@servest.co.uk

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review! Have you spoken to our benefits team? There are a number of benefits on offer to Atalian Servest colleagues including discounts with companies such as RAC, Halfords and Vodafone (and more). Feel free to email benefits@servest.co.uk for more information. We also have over 100 free online courses on Atalian World which every colleague can access with their Payroll ID. If you have any questions or need guidance, please feel free to email learning@servest.co.uk. I will pass your feedback on and if you have any further suggestions please feel free to email us via hello@servest.co.uk Thanks!

10. 1.0

Wouldn't recommend

Mar 7, 2017 - Manager in Bury, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The majority of staff, from head office to managers are friendly. Generous with equipment and materials - breakdowns are pretty much replaced the next day. Not micro managed.

Cons

Servest are very much about the profits and not about the people. I have had to fight unnecessarily hard for long and well deserved payrises for my staff. Management are expected to cut hours, regardless of whether it's realistic or even possible. This puts constant and increasing strain on both the managers and the cleaners. The head office is seriously understaffed and full of youngsters that couldn't make it clearer that they really don't care, therefore getting an answer to urgent requests is a long and tiresome task. There really are no benefits to speak of; no sick pay at all (unless you are on the good side of the senior management, which quite frankly demonstrates favouritism and bullying - not exactly professional!). You also get the basic government pension and the basic holiday allowance. Training doesn't exist, at least for the managers, they are quite literally dumped in their area with a phone and a laptop and left to it, and if they struggle, it's seen as their fault.

Group Head of HR

I’m so sorry for our delayed response to your review. I agree where you say managers and staff are friendly 😊 I also agree where you say our operatives are the foundation of our business –none of us would be here without them working hard! I would really like to discuss some of your points raised to make sure nobody else feels this way in the future. Please can you send me your details to hello@servest.co.uk so that we can talk? Thank you, Michaela

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews