Audley Travel Reviews

Found 293 of over 294 reviews

3.9
Audley Travel Chief Executive Nick Longman
Nick Longman
Pros
  • "Audley is great in that it has all sorts of perks to make it a fun place to work(in 65 reviews)

• "Plenty of perks including great healthcare and fam trips among others(in 53 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I really do not have any cons about working for Audley(in 50 reviews)

• "Long hours at times and stressful(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place To Work - wish colleagues would understand the bigger picture

Aug 12, 2021 - Country Specialist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I joined Audley almost 5 years ago it had been a personal ambition to work for the company. The company's reputation as a great employer was my main draw and I can honestly say that for me the appeal of being here has not diminished in any way. There have been missteps during the last 18 months of covid but who was prepared for this to happen? Audley has reacted in the best way they could to the constant changes and as we look to head back to normality they are looking at how the company can best make money and quickly. Audley is PE owned and quite rightly a business should look at how to be profitable and attractive to their investors as a first priority - a fact often forgotten by certain colleagues. Maybe they've also forgotten that we're all shareholders in Audley as well? For me the challenges of being at Audley are far surpassed by the positives: - Culture, salary, opportunity. location of the offices to name but a few. - Consistent support with career progression - IT'S THERE IF YOU LOOK FOR IT. - Strong leadership which has brought the company successfully through the last 18 months of covid 19. - Open, unbiased dialogue between management and worker bees. - There have been redundancies last year which were handled professionally and with compassion. - This year the company has introduced a new working pattern. Not a big deal nor a surprise - this was on the cards 2 years ago. - Slightly more weekends and 1 'late' shift per week - far from antisocial and to be expected in a rapidly changing and challenging travel industry. - In 'normal times' the socials, FAMS and general buzz are outstanding. And will be again. - Payment of bonus and commission during the pandemic - Introduction of flexible working for all employees

Cons

- Sharing information has been a challenge throughout the pandemic - Being exposed to colleague's constant negativity and complaining - it's possible to give too much of a voice to employees. - Often comms are not 'matter of fact' enough and the business need for change is lost in the language.

6 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Current Employee

Far from the nice company it claims to be

Sep 15, 2021 - Elite Country Specialist in Witney, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent colleagues - by far and away the best part of the job. Fam trips - undeniably good for the most part. Work perks - health offerings. Good pension provisions. Pay is good for the industry.

Cons

Staff have been forced into signing new contracts which require them to work evenings and weekends. This was done in an incredibly distressing and insensitive manner meaning there is a high level of dissatisfaction and stress. Especially given how hard people have worked through the pandemic - it feels insulting. The morale across the entire company is extremely low with no sign of improvement. Senior management don’t seem to be aware of this or don’t seem to care. Please listen to your staff whilst you have enough left who know what they’re doing! You won’t be able to hire your way out of it. New systems just aren’t fit for purpose. A phone system that barely makes and receives calls, how can anyone do their job with that? As for the booking management system, it doesn’t even start to do the basics of what’s required to operate a trip. No final documents! We’re having to send people away with next to nothing. Please don’t take this as rants from a disgruntled employee. I am someone who’s worked at the company for many years and LOVE it. I just think the senior managers have made some serious errors or judgement in the last six months or so. Save Audley whilst you have the chance!

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company but hard work

Aug 25, 2021 - Team Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely offices across all location and I do think they have the best intentions as an organisation.

Cons

Travel is hard work, especially in the current climate, so plenty of extra hours worked.

4. 4.0

Great people

Aug 16, 2021 - Country Specialist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing fam trips and if you’re into travelling then you’ll meet a lot of like minded people

Cons

Target focused as a private equity company - sometimes bottom line is numbers only

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Current Employee

Gone in the wrong direction

Aug 5, 2021 - Senior Country Specialist in Witney, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office location, people and culture, training and familiarisation trip opportunities. Good financial backing and solid (current) workforce have brought Audley through the pandemic and in a good position in the market going forwards. The company is working hard to invest in systems and cyber security bring Audley more up to date, and it’s good to see how much work is going into such improvements after many, many years of outdated systems.

Cons

Hours - due to recent (enforced) contractual changes to impose antisocial work patterns, the hours are a big downside with employees expected to work up to 18 weekend shifts a year and up to 8pm once a week. After several years claiming a focus on work life balance this has undone a lot of the positives we have seen brought in over time (there have been attempts to placate with fairly insubstantial gestures such as introducing “paw-ternity” leave entitlement - this is nice but no where near enough to offset the damage done). Worse that there are not sufficient programs/software for managing such a rota system - a shambolic approach has left many long time employees in despair. Management - there has been a growing disconnect between upper management and the general workforce. Feedback is not heard. Line managers do not seem able to feed anything “up the ladder”, or if they do it feels generally ignored. Unfortunately there have been some bad choices in 2021 and sadly this is alienating large swathes of the workforce. Too many loyal and long term employees now looking elsewhere and there are no signs of upper management acknowledging this, suggesting a “shrug of the shoulders” attitude. Career progression - opportunities here have felt lacking for a long time. Too many times external hiring for management positions have not lasted long term due to poor fit, where good internal candidates have been overlooked.

8 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Used to be a fantastic place to work, but slipping

Jul 21, 2021 - Senior Country Specialist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

In pre-Covid times, great FAM trips and perks. Wonderful, like-minded colleagues. Great offices.

Cons

Staff feel under-valued and under-appreciated. There's no denying that the past year and a half have hit the travel industry extremely hard, but this should be an incentive to keep long-term staff happy rather than implementing more anti-social work hours. Senior management seem out of touch with the day-to-day jobs of their employees. Change is good, but Audley is trying to change too many variables too quickly, completely overhauling their systems and ways of working. It makes long-term staff feel as though they don't know the job any more. ESG feels like a tick-box exercise with environmental policies focused on using reusable water bottles rather than tackling the elephant in the room, carbon emissions.

8 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not the lovely place it claims to be

Jul 19, 2021 - Country Specialist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training at the beginning and throughout your time there Good fam trip

Cons

Your success depends on the manager you have High turnover, don't seem too concerned about retaining their staff Very little diversity - apparent in the off-colour remarks and jokes made both by staff and C-level executives

6 people found this review helpful

Audley Travel Response

HR Director

We are disappointed to read this review as we do not believe it accurately reflects the company values and culture that we have worked hard to create and maintain. Whilst we welcome feedback and offer a variety of channels for employees to do this both within and outside of the business, we simply do not recognise the portrayal of our organisation. We pride ourselves on the efforts we are making to enhance the diversity within the business. We have an active Global DE&I Forum made up of employees from all seniority levels within the business to ensure we are hearing the widest breadth of employee voices; and we have recently revised our recruitment and referral processes We continuously listen to our employees’ feedback, even more so during the height of the pandemic and have encouraged colleagues to give their feedback in variety of different ways. For example, either directly to their Head of Programme or the Head of Sales, via employee engagement surveys or alternatively to one of the Employee Consultative Representatives who are always on hand to listen. In addition, there are numerous Q&A sessions held frequently by Group Board Members whereby concerns can be raised, and anonymously if so wished. This has seen us reduce our core working hours to 37 hours per week to help support a healthy work life balance, and we do encourage all staff to work these hours. We have enhanced our maternity and paternity pay and we have increased our annual leave offering. Most recently we have recently launched ‘Smart Working’ to enhance the flexibility we are able to offer our employees by enabling them to work up to 80% of their time from home or an alternative location We are sorry to hear that you feel your manager may have not been supportive as our People Development team have devoted a huge amount of time to train and up-skill our managers over the years, it’s just a shame for us that we no longer have the opportunity to help you with your concerns as you have chosen to give your feedback after leaving the company. We acknowledge the past 18 months have been very challenging for the travel industry however we are very proud of that the fact that colleagues have rallied around and worked together as a strong and united team, under some of the most challenging of circumstances, to support each other and have continued to serve our clients to the very highest of standards.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for - recommend!

Jul 7, 2021 - Travel Specialist in Witney, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and supportive working environment, focus on professional progress Able to up your pay depending on your sales success Customers come to you so no cold calling Excellent benefits including travel to the country you specialise in to learn your product better

Cons

Depending on the country you specialise in, it can be harder/take longer to make sales which can impact your commission Not very diverse - could definitely do more to encourage diversity in the company

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Friendly and supportive working environment

Jun 29, 2021 - Country Sales Specialist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic sales training at the start of the job role

Cons

Lots of new technology to get your head around

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Fantastic Company to work for

Jun 25, 2021 - Senior Sales Specialist in Witney, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and working environment. Fam trips are a real plus

Cons

Can be pressurised sometimes but it's a sales job albeit a great one

Viewing 1 - 10 of 293 Reviews