Audley Travel Reviews

Found 308 of over 309 reviews

3.6
Audley Travel Chief Executive Nick Longman
Nick Longman
Pros
  • "Maybe they've also forgotten that we're all shareholders in Audley as well(in 69 reviews)

• "The FAM trips are essential to learning about the product you'll be selling(in 61 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Audley travel pays less than others(in 57 reviews)

• "Low pay and long hours, only sales roles available in the US office(in 28 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work

Dec 16, 2021 - Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good atmosphere and amazing perks

Cons

No downsides, fantastic work place

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Audley Review

Jan 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people, the culture/values and the opportunities.

Cons

Covid has been tough on the whole industry.

3. 3.0

Travel

Jan 4, 2022 - Country Specialist in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Travel to specialist region and training

Cons

unrealistic targets for certain countries.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Please bear in mind this review is before the pandemic

Dec 20, 2021 - Senior Country Specialist in Witney, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great travel opportunities - Fun culture and nice working environment

Cons

- Basic pay isn't the best - Monthly targets are the same across all regions/countries, but if you specialise in certain countries that target may be unrealistic - Senior sales staff can get preferential treatment

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best company to work for

Nov 26, 2021 - Country Specialist in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very social, very organised, very good benefits

Cons

Very sales focused and can be micromanaged a lot

6. 2.0

Everyone’s Replaceable

Nov 3, 2021 - Senior Country Specialist in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

My colleagues are great, clients are generally nice to speak with and of course FAMs are a good perk.

Cons

When will Audley stand up and notice how many amazing employees they are losing? Everyone is jumping ship and it’s easy to see why. The change in this company is really sad to see. They used to care about their employees but it’s clear to see they don’t any more. Very good at saying they are doing something but the actions prove otherwise. Lots of work around diversity and inclusion - whilst often not including the very few people employed who might be classed as diverse. Racist jokes are still common place and there is a lack of diversity in all senior/managerial roles. Lots of discussions that take place but don’t involve the people affected. The new working hours and lack of progression means that majority of my colleagues are actively looking for new jobs - there really will be no-one left in some departments soon! The reason I’m writing this is, I want to stay. I want Audley to be a great company. In order to do this though they need to learn from the grave mistakes they are currently making before it is too late.

9 people found this review helpful

Audley Travel Response

Thank you for your feedback - however we are disappointed to read this review as we do not believe it accurately reflects the company values and culture that we have worked hard to create and maintain. We pride ourselves on the efforts we are making to drive and promote Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. We remain fully committed to our strategy and the efforts that are currently being made. We welcome feedback and offer a variety of channels for employees to do this both within and outside of the business. We operate an open-door policy to both management and HR and have worked hard to ensure that the virtual door continues to remain open to all employees. In the event that any specific circumstances were to be drawn to our attention, we would make it a priority to investigate those and to address any issues that might be identified. Any form of discrimination is entirely at odds with our values and will not be tolerated. All our employees are expected to comply with our diversity, equity and inclusion policy, and we have clear policies and processes in place to enable our team members to raise any concerns in confidence. We are also committed to ensuring that no employee will suffer any form of retaliation as a consequence of raising a complaint. We would encourage you to contact an impartial member of the Executive team to discuss this further, should you not believe any other resources are appropriate given your feedback, and sincerely hope that we are provided the opportunity to address the matters raised.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, wonderful culture

Nov 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic colleagues who were always there to help and support you. A leadership team who cared about their team and their actions demonstrated that 100%.

Cons

At times, it could be a bit chaotic, without much consideration for the mid / long term impacts of that lack of cohesion, organisation and planning.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Review of company

Oct 4, 2021 - Country Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

fam trips are great when they take place,

Cons

lots of weekend shifts, poor management

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Current Employee

Far from the nice company it claims to be

Sep 15, 2021 - Elite Country Specialist in Witney, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent colleagues - by far and away the best part of the job. Fam trips - undeniably good for the most part. Work perks - health offerings. Good pension provisions. Pay is good for the industry.

Cons

Staff have been forced into signing new contracts which require them to work evenings and weekends. This was done in an incredibly distressing and insensitive manner meaning there is a high level of dissatisfaction and stress. Especially given how hard people have worked through the pandemic - it feels insulting. The morale across the entire company is extremely low with no sign of improvement. Senior management don’t seem to be aware of this or don’t seem to care. Please listen to your staff whilst you have enough left who know what they’re doing! You won’t be able to hire your way out of it. New systems just aren’t fit for purpose. A phone system that barely makes and receives calls, how can anyone do their job with that? As for the booking management system, it doesn’t even start to do the basics of what’s required to operate a trip. No final documents! We’re having to send people away with next to nothing. Please don’t take this as rants from a disgruntled employee. I am someone who’s worked at the company for many years and LOVE it. I just think the senior managers have made some serious errors or judgement in the last six months or so. Save Audley whilst you have the chance!

16 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Great Place To Work - wish colleagues would understand the bigger picture

Aug 12, 2021 - Country Specialist in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I joined Audley almost 5 years ago it had been a personal ambition to work for the company. The company's reputation as a great employer was my main draw and I can honestly say that for me the appeal of being here has not diminished in any way. There have been missteps during the last 18 months of covid but who was prepared for this to happen? Audley has reacted in the best way they could to the constant changes and as we look to head back to normality they are looking at how the company can best make money and quickly. Audley is PE owned and quite rightly a business should look at how to be profitable and attractive to their investors as a first priority - a fact often forgotten by certain colleagues. Maybe they've also forgotten that we're all shareholders in Audley as well? For me the challenges of being at Audley are far surpassed by the positives: - Culture, salary, opportunity. location of the offices to name but a few. - Consistent support with career progression - IT'S THERE IF YOU LOOK FOR IT. - Strong leadership which has brought the company successfully through the last 18 months of covid 19. - Open, unbiased dialogue between management and worker bees. - There have been redundancies last year which were handled professionally and with compassion. - This year the company has introduced a new working pattern. Not a big deal nor a surprise - this was on the cards 2 years ago. - Slightly more weekends and 1 'late' shift per week - far from antisocial and to be expected in a rapidly changing and challenging travel industry. - In 'normal times' the socials, FAMS and general buzz are outstanding. And will be again. - Payment of bonus and commission during the pandemic - Introduction of flexible working for all employees

Cons

- Sharing information has been a challenge throughout the pandemic - Being exposed to colleague's constant negativity and complaining - it's possible to give too much of a voice to employees. - Often comms are not 'matter of fact' enough and the business need for change is lost in the language.

7 people found this review helpful