Austin Fraser Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Austin Fraser Reviews

Updated 6 Nov 2019

4.4
Austin Fraser CEO Peter Hart (no image)
Peter Hart
Pros
Cons
  • "Yup, welcome to 2019 at Austin Fraser(in 8 reviews)

• "No cons found so far since starting(in 5 reviews)

1. ".Net Core"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time

Pros

Great place to work and good progression

Cons

Only getting better, exciting place

Austin Fraser2019-11-06
  2. "Loved it!"

Former Employee - Finance in Reading, England

I worked at Austin Fraser full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved every minute. The people are dedicated to living and breathing the company values and although like any growing business there are challenges the management go out of their way to look after you and make sure you are on the journey.

Cons

The business has grown really quickly and this can be challenging but i'd rather have been in a business going somewhere then static.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Austin Fraser2019-10-15

"A Real Review"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Reading, England

I worked at Austin Fraser full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I spent 6 and a bit years at AF and they were some of the best years of my life. The reason I loved it so much was the environment, there is a great bunch of people who are always there to work hard alongside, but also make you crack up laughing - which is so important. A few highlights for me was how Austin Fraser celebrates everyone’s success, when you do a deal or are promoted you are made a big fuss of by the... entire office and is a huge boost in confidence. For me AF took me in as a boy and I came out a man, I learnt basic but invaluable things like how to communicate effectively within business and how to consult with people not just sell. I’ve seen AF getting a little bit of heat on Glassdoor from bitter/jealous ex-employees with too much time on their hands which actually pains me to see because it’s simply not true. They are one of the most flexible businesses you can get. For example, a couple of guys had really bad back problems and AF paid them in full, the entire time they were off. They let you work 8-4, they give you so much time off for maternity/paternity/bereavement, they pay the highest basics, they look after people’s mental health and do actually care about it there is plenty of people on hand to chat to even an EAP system on hand. Bullying/sexism/drugs in the workplace… it doesn’t happen, I was there for 6.5 years and it just doesn’t happen. AF, keep doing what you’re doing, you've become so successful you’ve got some haters - it’s natural… take it as a compliment! The two founders are brilliant, Pete has taken more of a leading role this year and is someone who inspires people daily - he is always there to chat to, banter with or ask advice. Pete inspired me so much that I am going to create the same opportunity and go on the same journey he has.

Cons

No company is perfect. AF will be the first people to admit, they don't always get it right but 9 times out of 10 they get it bang on.

Advice to Management

Jacob, Mark, Sim, Chapman, Hobday, Charles, Nick, Pedro - keep going!

Austin Fraser2019-09-27

"Love this place"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

AF has provided me with an opportunity and platform to truly be myself and I'm lucky enough to have found an environment to excel in. I work with some of the best talent in the industry and genuinely feel like part of a family. We don't profess to be perfect at everything but we work really hard to create an environment for those that have the right values and work ethic to excel in and carve out a career. It's... certainly not about working 12 hour days, although there is likely to be days that you may want to, but it's about ensuring we support individuals to work smartly and ensure they have the best tools available to help our customers identify the best and right talent for them. There are ups and downs in recruitment and it is a tough gig, which is why it isn't right for everyone. We have an extensive and thorough interview process but yes we have made mistakes, like all businesses, and have hired individuals that don't reflect our values or that can't work at our pace with our growth ambitions and they are not for us. Despite the odd, obscure and tainted comments on here we genuinely wish anyone who leaves us all the best for the future, evidently some may feel bitter that they didn't do themselves justice or demonstrate the right values....honesty is paramount for a successful career here. If you genuinely have the right family values and a sound work ethic to drive and shape your own career then come have a chat with us - you'll love it...... and it's a great laugh!

Cons

Weekends......;-) I love change and a challenge but that isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

loving your work - keep going, keep listening and constantly strive to be even better leaders.

Austin Fraser2019-09-25

"Great Company with great opportunities!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The training and development from both L&D and line managers is fantastic! Having worked in a high volume sales environment for 3 years previously I thought that I was at a good level in Salesmanship but Austin Fraser has improved my skillset greatly all thanks to the proactive training approach. - There is no limit to what you can achieve in this business and they will give you the tools to do so. -... Success is celebrated globally - The businesses culture is amazing and somehow with nearly 200 staff still manages to keep the family feel

Cons

- Sometimes the job can become a bit monotonous BUT eventually, the rewards will come and make it all worth it

Advice to Management

Management tends to be really approachable and always responds positively to feedback, keep doing that! Thank you

Austin Fraser2019-09-19

"Great culture, exceptional training and even better"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time for less than a year

Pros

From a personal perspective; I thrive in an environment that gives you recognition for your hard work and makes you feel a part of a family. - Austin Fraser provides all of that and more. Although I've only been with the company for less than a year, I've seen people progress professionally from trainee to senior consultants, relocate overseas, receive incredible incentives for their dedication, and come in to... the office every day with a smile on their face (myself included). Very proud to be a part of this family and can't wait to see what the future holds for AF!

Cons

No complaints from me so far!

Advice to Management

Keep smilin' and inspirin'!

Austin Fraser2019-09-18

"Amazing place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Reading, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun Career ladder Learning and Development Honesty Great rewards

Cons

As we are growing there have been lots of changes to make us stronger.

Advice to Management

Keep making decisions that make the business stronger!

Austin Fraser2019-09-19

"Losing the magic"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good offices, base pay is ok, commission is market average, 'brand' is flashy

Cons

if you don't make it to the 'inner ring' you are not welcome. Staff turnover is now at a critical level and a lot of top level consultants have left. Office is now full of juniors. Anything other than working 8am-8pm is unacceptable. More concerned about creating flashy graphics for the next incentive than actually talking to their staff about the internal issues.

Advice to Management

Time to sort out the rot before you get bigger. You will not expand successfully further with this sort of culture. Stop asking staff to post on Glassdoor monthly.

Austin Fraser2019-10-03

"A company that cares and invests"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England

I worked at Austin Fraser full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Training - Investment - Resources availability - Flexibility - Work life balance - Staff Wellbeing

Cons

- Too much change too quickly

Advice to Management

Keep going and thank-you!

Austin Fraser2019-09-12

"Loved my time here"

Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Reading, England

I worked at Austin Fraser full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at AF for three summers in a row during my university studies. Although I was officially a ‘temp’ (which, from friends’ experience can involve sitting isolated in the corner, making coffee with little-to-no involvement) I never felt this way. From day one all the employees and management teams made me feel exceptionally welcome and valued. AF’s culture is one I’m sure you haven’t encountered before: An... authentic family feel whereby everyone’s successes are celebrated always. In tandem with this, there is a perpetual opportunity to grow yourself as a person and career-wise. For example, In my 3x 6 month episodes I witnessed the opening of 4 global offices and waved off employees to head-up these offices, with plenty more offices on the cards, I’m sure. I will always be grateful for AF’s generous treatment of me and sincerely implore anyone to work here; be it in internal, RC’ing, marketing or any other department you can get your foot in!

Cons

Too much 70s/80s music played on the sound system

Austin Fraser2019-09-05