Auto Trader UK Reviews

Found 314 of over 399 reviews

4.5
Auto Trader UK Chief Executive Officer Nathan Coe
Nathan Coe
Pros
  • "Working at Auto Trader has helped accelerate my career substantially(in 72 reviews)

• "Flexible working environment, understanding of any personal issues(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Extremely fast paced, but exciting(in 30 reviews)

• "Starting remotely has been difficult (no fault of Auto Trader of course)(in 29 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

62 Comments

Tech

286.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Auto Trader UK~505215
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to build a career!

Jul 17, 2022 -  in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people, having worked in multiple companies in the tech sector. The culture at autotrader is the thing that stood out when i was looking for a job, i didnt think it would be anything much other than a good place to work. but after being here for a few months i can say that its by far the one place that puts the needs and health of employees genuinely at their forefront. coming from a previous company that would treat employees as disposable commodities its a huge breath of fresh air. this doesnt even cover the technical amd collaborative nature of the other people that work at autotrader.

Cons

none that i can think of so far. the hybrid working may not be for everyone. but i like the balance and they are very flexible with it.

Head of People and Culture

Thank you for your review. So glad to hear that your expectations when joining match the reality of working with us after a few months. The Green Man induction definitely creates lasting memories and we are so excited we get to do it in person again after all this time.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work, great people.

Jul 8, 2022 - Business Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy to work in a way we feel comfortable with. No micro management. The company seem to employ the right people, I've met great people here. Good benefits including SAYE scheme, BUPA.

Cons

WFH should be more flexible.

Head of People and Culture

Thank you for your review. I couldn't agree more that we get to work with great people every day. If you have any thoughts on our Connected Working please reach out and share with our People team.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Recommended

Jun 16, 2022 - Data Entry in Plymouth, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good employer with good working conditions

Cons

None that I can think of

Head of People and Culture

Thanks for your review and hope you are enjoying your first year working with us

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Apr 16, 2022 - Marketing Executive in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company values and ethics are lived, non-hierarchical, easy decision making.

Cons

No cons as far as I’m concerned

Thanks for your review!

5. 5.0

Brilliant Culture & Excellent Development Opportunities

Mar 16, 2022 - Senior People Operations Advisor in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great scope for development and exposure- very fast paced environment Amazing benefits (available to all colleagues and the best day one benefits I've ever come across) Genuine care for the people- especially well-being Fair salaries that are reviewed regularly Unique culture and approach to hybrid-working... trusts people to do the right thing D&I is a priority and not just in words but in action Amazing networks for example Age, BAME, wellbeing etc. Very considerate of everybody's views and the values are not just a poster on the wall like in many businesses- they influence everything that happens here

Cons

Like any business, it's been hard to collaborate and get to know the business and colleagues remotely but now we've transitioned into hybrid working, this has already got way better The flat structure may not be for everybody, although I feel it works really well

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear how much you're enjoying hybrid working and that your first year at Auto Trader is going so well!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pretty darn good

Mar 4, 2022 - Software Developer in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loads of support, great tech stack, ambitious projects and great co-workers.

Cons

Being a small fish in a medium-large sized pond might not be for everyone.

Employer Brand Manager

Your enthusiasm for the tech community comes through loud and clear, and we love to hear it! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pleasant company and team

Mar 17, 2022 - Production Assistant in Reigate, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Camaraderie in the production team (I was there 2008–2009) Respectable rate of hourly pay Break times Decent people

Cons

Equipment and computers somewhat old Office could have done with redecorating

Employer Brand Manager

Auto Trader has changed dramatically over the past 13 years! If you're interested in seeing what Auto Trader 2022 looks like, head over to our careers site and take a look :) https://careers.autotrader.co.uk/blog/connected-working

8. 5.0

Great culture

Feb 15, 2022 - Senior Developer in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is the best of anywhere I've worked. Flexibility to get the job done, full support for personal development and a real commitment to its people.

Cons

Nothing to complain about yet!

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review. Your first year at Auto Trader sounds like it's off to a great start - here's to many more!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Stressful but worthwhile

Feb 10, 2022 - Account Director in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helping retailers win in todays market

Cons

Internal workload draining and takes eyes off day job

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your review and your long term commitment to Auto Trader! We're glad you enjoy helping our customers succeed; this is fundamentally the most crucial part of any role in our customer-facing teams. Over the years, I've seen colleagues thrive in the autonomous and open culture we've created, and we work hard to raise the bar continually. That's why your comments regarding workload and micromanagement surprise me. I'd really like the opportunity to discuss this with you, so please do get in touch. Rebecca Clark – Sales Director

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

I am proud to work here

Feb 7, 2022 - Product Design Apprentice in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, office, community, networks, resources

Cons

Not a lot to do when first joining

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review. It's great to hear that you're enjoying your apprenticeship; the design team are fantastic! If things felt a little slow initially, I encourage you to share your feedback and thoughts with the Early Careers team, as they're always open to new ideas.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 314 Reviews

Auto Trader UK Reviews FAQs

Auto Trader UK has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 399 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Auto Trader UK to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Auto Trader UK employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Auto Trader UK. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

89% of Auto Trader UK employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Auto Trader UK 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Auto Trader UK to be management, benefits, career development and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Auto Trader UK Job Seekers