Found 350 of over 443 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Account managers have become retention reps with high growth targets to sell anything to anyone." (in 12 reviews)
- "Salary is competitive but not market leading" (in 11 reviews)
- "Can be limited career progression, like at most software product companies." (in 9 reviews)
- "Sad to say, that I enjoy my work so much that I often find myself working on work projects outside of the office, meaning striking a work/life balance isn't easy." (in 8 reviews)
- "I mentioned Autotrader,s values as my title here and the thing is in the business you are mean’t to live and breathe them, it,s not happening certainly not in Echelons of lower management as they are too focused on pushing sales staff to hit product and revenue growth targets that have increased significantly in recent times." (in 6 reviews)
- 5.029 Nov 2023Assistant Management AccountantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsManchester, England
Good management Good working environment People are nice Great culture
i have no cons for auto trader
- 3.031 Oct 2023Account ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearManchester, England
Great culture & great people
Recruited new senior management poorly which affected overall structure & happiness of sales teams.
- 5.026 Oct 2023Video ProducerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsManchester, England
Great Culture and perks system
Not much in room for progressionAuto Trader UK Response6d
Thanks for the review! We'd value your feedback and ideas around progression, so please feel free to get in touch and speak to a member of our L&D team.
- 5.06 Dec 2022Performance ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsManchester, England
Supportive culture, Excellent squad & tribe leads, and superb colleagues! The pay's in line with our work load too. I feel truly valued as an AutoTrader employee and, unlike other PLC's I've worked for in the past, I do not feel like I'm just a number. The company values are not just a poster on a wall, in fact you won't find our values on any poster on any wall, we all live them every day. Gone are the days where our customers were just a revenue stream, everyone in the business genuinely sees our customers as partners and we all understand our part in the industry is not just to allow our retailers to sell cars, it's also about making their working lives better and their businesses more efficient. Change is fast paced and not just for change sake, there's method to it.
Since things have started to return to 'normal', I feel there's a little too much focus on returning to the office when some of us prefer, and are much more productive, working from home. Studies have proven that an open plan office isn't conducive to a productive environment for all of us and that collaboration does work virtually.1Auto Trader UK Response11mo
Thank you for your review. Couldn't agree more with you; we live by our values every day and together we try to do our best for our customers and colleagues. We have all experienced the benefits of working from home and we also appreciate being together in our offices. Hopefully the new ways of working we introduced this month provides you with the flexibility you are looking for as an individual and allowing you to have productive time with your team and collaborate with other teams across Auto Trader.
- 5.014 Aug 2023Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsManchester, England
- Strong Software company - Amazing working environment - Hybrid working
- Salaries are a bit low comparing to the marketAuto Trader UK Response4mo
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your time with us. It's great to hear you've had a positive experience over the past 8-10 years. The strong software company environment and the flexibility of hybrid working definitely stand out as pros. Regarding your comments about salary, we'd like to assure you that we benchmark our salaries externally and hold regular pay reviews to ensure we remain competitive.
- 1.023 Aug 2023Account DirectorFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsManchester, England
benefits including buying and selling holidays, PMI and flexibility
awful middle management who took pleasure in making peoples lives miserable. Very clicky and ' face fits' type of place.Auto Trader UK Response3mo
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your many years working at AutoTrader. It’s disappointing to read about your experience, especially considering your tenure and knowing our Open Culture. I would have welcomed the chance to discuss your feedback before you left the business. I wish you well for the future.
- 5.017 Aug 2023Graphic DesignerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Nice community, proper management, great app
Miss being in an office sometimesAuto Trader UK Response4mo
Thanks for your review! After spending the summer working from anywhere, we hope you enjoy returning to the office and spending time with your colleagues.
- 5.028 Jun 2023Software DeveloperCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearManchester, England
- This company really seems to care about its employees - They really push for a team mentality - Excellent pay and benefits (including a great pension) - Office is beautiful and the surrounding areas are lovely too - Lots of work on so you wont get bored
none I can think of so farAuto Trader UK Response6mo
Thanks for your review - it's great to hear that your career has gotten off to such a great start!
Auto Trader UK Reviews FAQs
Auto Trader UK has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 443 reviews left anonymously by employees. 92% of employees would recommend working at Auto Trader UK to a friend and 91% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.
92% of Auto Trader UK employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Auto Trader UK 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.