Auto Trader UK Reviews

Found 298 of over 370 reviews

4.5
Auto Trader UK Chief Executive Officer Nathan Coe
Nathan Coe
Pros
  • "Working at Auto Trader has helped accelerate my career substantially(in 72 reviews)

• "Flexible working environment, understanding of any personal issues(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Extremely fast paced, but exciting(in 30 reviews)

• "Starting remotely has been difficult (no fault of Auto Trader of course)(in 29 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

229 Comments

Tech

85.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Auto Trader UK~505215
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

A great place to work

Jan 26, 2021 - Graduate Business Analyst in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

After joining Auto Trader on the graduate schemes last year, and despite starting remotely, I am really enjoying my time so far. Some highlights below: - A large and supportive team of learning + development staff who deliver fantastic workshops and do a brilliant job - A genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion - Fantastic array of opportunities to grow outside of the day-to-day role - Everyone, irrespective of seniority, is approachable and friendly - It is an exciting and fast paced environment to work in - Great benefits and perks, such as a generous annual leave allowance and competitive salary - Leadership are transparent and have been quick to update us during the pandemic (I’ve known that shortly after a government announcement, an update will follow from the OLT within a matter of hours) - Support for working from home e.g. high spec monitor, desk chair etc. - An immensely knowledgable, industry-leading base of employees who always make time to share their support and mentor And many more pros...I look forward to building my career at Auto Trader.

Cons

- It can be hard to pin people down, especially remotely, given the amount of meetings / how busy everyone is. - Starting remotely has been difficult (no fault of Auto Trader of course). It can be slow to get started in role as a result of not being physically in the office and around the team

Continue reading
      6 people found this review helpful

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. You were faced with a unique challenge at the start of your graduate career, and it sounds like you've put your heart into making the very best of this situation. The resilience showed by our graduate cohort, coupled with the dedication of all the people who guide and nurture our future talent community, is a beautiful example of our culture. Dealing with the physical separation from our colleagues has been challenging, and inevitably we're all spending more time in meetings. We hope that you get to experience the buzz of the office and the joy of dropping by your colleague's desk and making things happen in the not too distant future.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Brilliant Employer

Nov 2, 2021 - Database Developer in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent employer who gueniunely care about your mental wellbeing.

Cons

Office based, so it you want to be a remote worker, then this is not the company for you.

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review. Our well-being guild is made up of colleagues from across the business who actively shape the well-being strategy, raise awareness of mental, physical & financial wellness, and inspire & motivate our colleagues to make informed choices to lead healthier, happier lives. We're really proud of the work they do, and your comments really bring home the impact it has on our employees. We are in a transition period as we move towards a new and flexible way of working. We're adopting a hybrid approach that combines office and home working. Our office spaces have undergone extensive renovations that encourage collaboration for our colleagues' days in the office. And tools such as Slack and Teams for when we're connecting digitally.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

A truly great company

Oct 11, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Care about employee wellbeing and progression Inclusive environment Opportunities for progression

Cons

Salary can be low in comparison to other phone-based roles in the business.

Head of People and Culture

Auto Trader is a truly great company indeed. The wellbeing of our employees especially during this challenging time have been one of our key focus and we have evolved our inclusion strategy while offering lots of opportunities for progression . We regularly benchmark our salaries to ensure we remain competitive and we have a variety of benefits for everyone. Have a look at our Incredible Benefits on our intranet and reach out to our people team if you have any questions

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

AT

Oct 18, 2021 - Senior Oracle Database Administrator in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good office. Great location. Nice people

Cons

Focus on money rather than people.

Head of People and Culture

Thank you for your review and good to hear that you are enjoying the office in the heart of Manchester. Our people are always our focus and it is because of them that we remain successful but if you feel that this is not the case reach out to myself or a member of the People team so we can discuss and listen to your feedback.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

New business consultant

Oct 2, 2021 - New Business Manager in Manchester City Centre, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with forward thinking data lead decisions

Cons

Day to day role currently doesn't offer enough to keep me stimulated

Head of People and Culture

Thank you for your review. Data provides us with great insight and drives our continuous success. Since your role is not keeping you stimulated I would strongly encourage you to speak to your manager about it and discuss ways to change that. The People team is also here if you need support and always available to help.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Brilliant place to work with lovely people

Aug 18, 2021 - Graduate Developer in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

From day one the company has been nothing but supportive and understanding. I've received plenty of help, advice and time to work towards my career goals. The culture feels very inclusive and I can't speak negatively of anyone I've worked with. The company has also been very understanding with regards to out of work circumstances.

Cons

The company is not afraid to adapt, so things seem to change quite often, making for a fast-paced environment that might not be for everyone.

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review. Providing a supportive and inclusive environment for our graduates is a key priority for our early careers team, so it’s brilliant to hear that you’ve had such a positive start to your career with us.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company culture and encourages progession

Aug 13, 2021 - Account Support in Manchester City Centre, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

From day 1 they ask you where you want to be and you have regular PDRs to work on this with your manager. The team is really friendly, we have a laugh but also want to make our customers happy and work hard. There are events where the whole sales and service department gets together for what's to come and also company conferences where you feel part of the wider business. The office is great, open plan and spacious, relaxed but buzzing. I had an 8 week induction where we didn't just focus on the job it included the history of Auto Trader, mindset, inclusion etc. The community around us is really important to Auto Trader and there are lots of fundraising events etc to get involved in. Even though I'm working from home I feel really connected to my colleagues who most I have never met. It's a very respectable environment, you don't have to take holidays for doctors appointments or tell your manager where you are every second, as long as you get your work done no one is bothered and in return people work hard.

Cons

The recruitment process was great and I had an interview with one of the directors which said a lot, however after I was offered the job it was about 3 months until I started.

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review. It’s great to hear that despite the challenges lockdown has brought, your career has gotten off to a flying start, and you’ve built some great relationships with your manager and teammates. We’re glad that you enjoyed the recruitment process, and we agree that a three-month wait to start is quite lengthy. With some of our roles, we have set start dates due to the induction programme and that, coupled with candidate notice periods, means we’re unable to welcome people sooner. We take your feedback on board and consider this on our next recruitment drive in your area.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

LOVE MY JOB

Aug 11, 2021 - Performance Director in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, always variety. Love my team and a real family feel for such a big business. The culture is fantastic and I wouldn't ever want to leave

Cons

If you don't like fast paced environments and being self sufficient it isn't for you! Managers are fantastic, and treat you like adults so you need to be a self starter!

Continue reading

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review. We love your enthusiasm for your role, colleagues, and Auto Trader, and it sounds like your career is going from strength to strength. Keep it up!

9. 5.0

Top people, top company

Jul 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- People are great - Leadership team is very approachable - New starter process is excellent, feel welcomed and well informed very quickly - Clear communications - Office is fantastic

Cons

Whilst I have been at this company, i have not yet found any cons

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that even though your first year with us has been spent working remotely, you've had such a positive start to your career. We hope that you're enjoying the AT Campus and spending time with your colleagues.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great company to work for

Jul 29, 2021 - Graduate Account Manager in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people - Can see opportunity - Values are at the heart of Auto Trader and its people - Great on boarding process

Cons

Interview process online (Not Auto Traders fault), this made it feel a bit more lengthy than it actually was and starting from home also was difficult (Again not ATs fault).

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that despite the challenges that lockdown has brought, you're off to a flying start! Starting a new role in the middle of a global pandemic has meant that you've had a very different experience from the norm, so we're pleased that things are getting back on track. We hope that you're able to spend some more time with your cohort and take advantage of our amazing new campus in Manchester.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 298 Reviews