Auto Trader UK "fast paced" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Auto Trader UK Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Dec 2, 2019

4.4
Auto Trader UK Chief Executive Officer Trevor Mather
Trevor Mather
Pros
Cons
  • "The company is rather fast paced(in 22 reviews)

• "The location (central Manchester) wasn't right for me, but of course that will not be a problem for everyone(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Exciting Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Squad Lead in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, lovely office and good benefits. The opportunities to progress here are genuine if you're willing to work hard and get stuck in. It's fast paced, lots of change and there's never a dull moment.

Cons

I don't see it as a negative but you have to be 100% committed and be willing to keep moving forwards, keep up with the pace and keep giving it your all!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're great at.

Auto Trader UK2019-08-12
  2. "Great company to work for if you're in the right area!"

Former Employee - Senior Java Developer in Manchester, England

I worked at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Exciting projects fast paced great culture & atmosphere majority of the people are friendly cutting edge tech inclusive groups lots of various activities office is great!

Cons

sly tech owner in buying experience feeling undervalued even though you always go the extra mile. if you're not liked by tech owner/director then no chance of staying, you will get pushed out.

Advice to Management

You're doing a fantastic job with the company, heading in the right direction

Auto Trader UK2019-12-02
  3. "Where to start..."

Current Employee - Graduate Account Builder in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic organisation that really cares for its employees. Opportunities are there for the taking you just have to make that move yourself. Staff nights (Christmas, Summer, seasonal etc), there are far too many pros to list

Cons

Can be very fast paced so if you don't like constant change this probably isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up your good job.

Auto Trader UK2019-07-19
  4. "The best company"

Current Employee - Consumer Operations in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pros are endless. I don’t think I would change anything about the company ethos or work environment. Auto trader is a fantastic place to work and I love having a job I like to go to. Leadership and management is amazing and the there are opportunities in which you can definitely fulfil your goals (even goals you didn’t think you had before working at auto trader). I’ve worked in plenty of businesses that value... money. But this company really understands people, values and culture.

Cons

The company is rather fast paced. Personally, I don’t see this as a negative.

Auto Trader UK2019-07-02
  5. "Forward thinking, supportive & everything you'd want from an employer"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Lead in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everybody is extremely supportive Fast paced and forward thinking Treat employees extremely well & offer a wide variety of benefits Success is celebrated and recognised

Cons

Being as fast paced as we are isn't for everybody but I personally don't view it as a negative - it's what drives us and keeps us motivated

Auto Trader UK2019-04-01
  6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time

Pros

Great environment! Fast paced environment with no two days the same. Given the freedom within your role to look after your customers without being over managed but with support when needed. Also fun, friendly and supportive people around you in all areas of the business.

Cons

Can sometimes seem a lot of different focuses. However this is part of the industry and to be fair seems to have been looked at with a recent change in squad structure to allow you to have more specific customer focuses which benefits the role and the customer all in one.

Auto Trader UK2019-03-28
  7. "Graduate Account Builder"

Current Employee - Graduate Account Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

The graduate programme for any job role is a fab opportunity to learn and progress in a company that really values you as an individual! All the employees who work for the company are really eager to enhance your learning and progress. The graduate programme is a great way to gain an understanding of Auto Trader as a company, how the company works and how the business is structured. The academy gives you the... education you need to be ready for your role, even if you have minimum experience. The company incorporates diversity and inclusion into every element of the business. The company values are a massive part of Auto Trader and if you believe you as an individual align to these values you are looking in the right place. Auto Trader as a company really invests its time and resources into you as a graduate and for someone coming into a graduate role I could not recommend it high enough!

Cons

If you do not like change and working at a fast pace, this may not be the company for you. However, this is not a 'con' as once you embrace it, you will love it!

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your graduates! The academy is excellent and the individuals that have supported us within academy have been amazing!

Auto Trader UK2018-10-26
  8. "Passionate people & a supportive environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There's a real sense of community at Auto Trader, one that I've never experienced at previous companies. The company values play a massive part in this and you can see that people genuinely believe in them. In terms of the every day, it’s a place where things happen because people collaborate, and not because they hold a certain job title. It’s so refreshing! The company provides lots of events throughout the... year. I’ve particularly enjoyed the well-being sessions that have gone much further than the usual mental health discussions. Resilience workshops, financial health guidance and sleep workshops are just a few of the things I’ve attended. I have found the sessions really helpful and gained a better balance between work and home as a result. I’ve also had the chance to attend a couple of external conferences. Having the chance to get out of the office and learn new things is a massive bonus. I’ve also benefitted from having a mentor as well. There are lots of ways for me to develop and grow in my role and I feel encouraged to do so. All in all, I think AT is a brilliant company to work for, I could n’t ask for better colleagues or a more supportive employer.

Cons

It's a fast-paced business and change happens frequently. Communication could be better but on the whole, no major grumbles!

Auto Trader UK2018-10-15
  9. "Great place to work"

I worked at Auto Trader UK full-time

Pros

Supportive environment Great people Fast paced challenging role

Cons

No major cons to report

Auto Trader UK2018-09-21
  10. "Best move I ever made"

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time

Pros

The people. Our culture & values.

Cons

Not really a con, but we are a very fast-paced business & industry. And that won't work for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing & listen to your people.

Auto Trader UK2018-03-24