Auto Trader UK Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Aug 18, 2021

Found 42 of over 396 reviews

4.5
Auto Trader UK Chief Executive Officer Nathan Coe
Nathan Coe
Pros
  • "Working at Auto Trader has helped accelerate my career substantially(in 72 reviews)

• "Flexible working environment, understanding of any personal issues(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Extremely fast paced, but exciting(in 30 reviews)

• "Starting remotely has been difficult (no fault of Auto Trader of course)(in 29 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

60 Comments

Tech

236.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Auto Trader UK~505215
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Brilliant place to work with lovely people

Aug 18, 2021 - Graduate Developer in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

From day one the company has been nothing but supportive and understanding. I've received plenty of help, advice and time to work towards my career goals. The culture feels very inclusive and I can't speak negatively of anyone I've worked with. The company has also been very understanding with regards to out of work circumstances.

Cons

The company is not afraid to adapt, so things seem to change quite often, making for a fast-paced environment that might not be for everyone.

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review. Providing a supportive and inclusive environment for our graduates is a key priority for our early careers team, so it’s brilliant to hear that you’ve had such a positive start to your career with us.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

LOVE MY JOB

Aug 11, 2021 - Performance Director in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, always variety. Love my team and a real family feel for such a big business. The culture is fantastic and I wouldn't ever want to leave

Cons

If you don't like fast paced environments and being self sufficient it isn't for you! Managers are fantastic, and treat you like adults so you need to be a self starter!

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review. We love your enthusiasm for your role, colleagues, and Auto Trader, and it sounds like your career is going from strength to strength. Keep it up!

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Open and welcoming

May 17, 2021 - Business Analyst in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very community minded, forward thinking and warm.

Cons

Extremely fast paced, but exciting

3 people found this review helpful

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review. We move at pace, and it's easy to get caught up in the excitement of all that we want to achieve. It's important to take time to reflect in between projects and tap into all of the incredible resources our well-being network provides. We would have liked to have heard your suggestions about improving the contact between teams in the business before you left for your new adventure. Still, we'll continue to review and evolve our lines of communication based on employee feedback.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, culture and people!

Apr 12, 2021 - Account Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A fast-paced ever-changing environment is something you definitely expect in not only a constantly changing marketplace but a digital business. Auto Trader is adaptable to understanding, learning and changing which makes this place awesome and allowing people to have a voice, learn every day and speak to people you would never normally interact with in your day to day. Like with anything, you need to drive your own growth and development and put yourself out there. Although recognition is high, being entrepreneurial, creative and strategic helps you and the business at the same time. I don't think there are many businesses out there that you could work for and really make a difference every single day to both colleagues and customers. Managers do listen and will help you with vested interest and care and I found being very open and honest from the start has always done me well as the company knows what I need, and how to use my strengths while bringing up my weaknesses. The pandemic tested every business in the UK and Auto Trader proved to both its customers and its colleagues that it is here to support . You just cant ask for more when it comes to this.

Cons

Depending on what you class as progression, it can sometimes be difficult to move forward due to a lean environment but as I said, it depends on what you want.

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The satisfaction you take from your role is evident, and it's fantastic to hear about the impact you have on our customers. Keep up the good work!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great place to work

Jan 26, 2021 - Graduate Business Analyst in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

After joining Auto Trader on the graduate schemes last year, and despite starting remotely, I am really enjoying my time so far. Some highlights below: - A large and supportive team of learning + development staff who deliver fantastic workshops and do a brilliant job - A genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion - Fantastic array of opportunities to grow outside of the day-to-day role - Everyone, irrespective of seniority, is approachable and friendly - It is an exciting and fast paced environment to work in - Great benefits and perks, such as a generous annual leave allowance and competitive salary - Leadership are transparent and have been quick to update us during the pandemic (I’ve known that shortly after a government announcement, an update will follow from the OLT within a matter of hours) - Support for working from home e.g. high spec monitor, desk chair etc. - An immensely knowledgable, industry-leading base of employees who always make time to share their support and mentor And many more pros...I look forward to building my career at Auto Trader.

Cons

- It can be hard to pin people down, especially remotely, given the amount of meetings / how busy everyone is. - Starting remotely has been difficult (no fault of Auto Trader of course). It can be slow to get started in role as a result of not being physically in the office and around the team

7 people found this review helpful

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. You were faced with a unique challenge at the start of your graduate career, and it sounds like you've put your heart into making the very best of this situation. The resilience showed by our graduate cohort, coupled with the dedication of all the people who guide and nurture our future talent community, is a beautiful example of our culture. Dealing with the physical separation from our colleagues has been challenging, and inevitably we're all spending more time in meetings. We hope that you get to experience the buzz of the office and the joy of dropping by your colleague's desk and making things happen in the not too distant future.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunity to learn and grow with amazing people.

Sep 3, 2020 - Developer in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

AutoTrader values, culture and understanding people makes this an amazing place to work. I have been working at AutoTrader for more than a year. It has been a fabulous journey so far with lots of exciting learning opportunities. One thing that I feel is absolutely great about AutoTrader is that they really care about their employees. The way leadership team has managed the current COVID19 situation is remarkable.

Cons

Fast-paced environment but I find that exciting to learn and grow with experienced people.

1 person found this review helpful

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you’ve had a positive start to your career and it’s wonderful to hear about the learning opportunities made available to you. You’ve had a first-year like no other and the global pandemic has created many challenges for us all. Considering the needs of 800+ employees against an ever-changing landscape hasn’t been an easy task and it continues to be a huge area of focus for our leadership team. We will keep learning, working together and supporting each other.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Their values are just meaningless words !!

Sep 6, 2020 - Account Manager in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was at Autotrader for just under 8 1/2 years and inItially found it to be a vibrant atmosphere that promised so much however ultimately delivered so little apart from a bitter taste in ones mouth !. It was probably for 6 of those years a great place to be , fast paced with fresh challenges almost on a daily basis which I thrive upon. Yes the money isn’t the worst out there but let’s not beat around the bush since I,ve moved on I’ve found that it’s far from market leading, but for a long time I saw past that even when the decision was made to take away commission from sales staff as we received a decent salary so I didn’t lose the appetite to deliver, so what happened ?, simple, Proper poor management !!

Cons

Witnessed this time and time again where gradually the very lifeblood was being sucked out of people by a lower management team who for what ever reason had decided you were past your “sell by date” It’s a standing joke in there with sales staff as that’s how you usually go, either off sick with nerves never to return or managed out of the business. Whoever answers this review ask around the business and if any sales staff have the bottle to tell the truth they will tell you that’s the case! They are not subtle about it either and when they want rid it’s a matter of time until they get that hook regardless . The management style if you could call it was such that I endured over the last two years was shambolic to say the least with constant bullying comments in 121 meetings. Eventually the mental torture became too much and for my own mental health which was at breaking point after a period of sickness left the business and must say best move I have made. I mentioned Autotrader,s values as my title here and the thing is in the business you are mean’t to live and breathe them, it,s not happening certainly not in Echelons of lower management as they are too focused on pushing sales staff to hit product and revenue growth targets that have increased significantly in recent times. Always told in training if it’s not the right solution for the customer don’t sell it, then when you come out of training management telling you to sell it to everyone regardless, square peg round hole scenario or greed whatever you want to call it. For a forward thinking company they have took quite a few steps backwards in their sales approach. So they don,t live their values and up to me leaving they certainly didn’t Give me any indication that they were. Following a grievance I raised where I felt as though I was under pressure to retract a statement I decided that a fresh start would be the best outcome for me mentally so when handing in my notice I requested an exit interview, and I wanted to set the record straight on how I felt but no Exit interview materialised, despite several promises ! Would,ve thought people ops would be #curious to know my thoughts but no could see they were #determined to get rid and sweep another one under the carpet !

17 people found this review helpful

Sales and Service Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feelings on this review. Our Account Managers are such a key part of our Tribe and the majority enjoy long lasting careers with us therefore it’s always disappointing when someone leaves. Our Values are fundamental to the way we operate and they are not just words to us. We aim to live by them every day and we hold our management teams accountable when that doesn’t happen so I am sorry to hear that you felt your experience was not consistent with what we aspire to provide to everybody. Hope that you accessed our various support pathways for your mental health and your wellbeing has improved. I have to disagree with your comments regarding our approach with our Retailers. Our customers remain of utmost importance as always and again we’re proud of how we are supporting them and the industry throughout COVID-19. The feedback to many of us has been very humbling to digest. It is all down to the work of your former colleagues who all recognise we are a commercial business and we need to grow but the priority is always about healthy, sustainable growth delivered through great ways of working with our retailers. I personally checked with our people operations team and an exit interview was offered to each one of our leavers but if you didn’t get the chance to share everything before you left contact myself or Rebecca Clark and we can arrange a follow up as we are always here to listen to feedback.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Always striving for a more diverse and inclusive culture

Jul 8, 2020 - PR Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Auto Trader already has established networks within the company to represent and act as safe spaces for people spanning BAME, LGBTQ+, mental wellbeing, neurodiversity and environment. You're encouraged to get actively involved in any (or all) of the networks you are interested in, and the business seems committed to learning and improving its own practices to ensure a multicultural and diverse working force/ work culture. Many brands, especially in this current climate, are coming out to say they support diversity, however many fail in backing this up with action. I genuinely feel AT walks the walk as well as talks the talk. It is a genuine ally in D&I matters and has so many actions in place to deliver against this. Whilst the company is large with 100s of people, you don't feel like another cog in the machine. Its set up includes 'tribes' and 'squads' which splits the workforce into different, smaller working groups and allows for more individual development, whether career or personal-related. Auto Trader has really looked after its people during the COVID-19 outbreak. The offices in Manchester (HQ) and London are amazing! I'm looking forward to returning to them once lockdown restrictions further ease. The layout and interior design is very 'cool tech company' and designed to inspire creativity.

Cons

Very fast-paced but I find this exciting!

Head of People and Culture

Thank you for your review. Our employee networks have been working tirelessly for the past six years, it is definitely not new to us, to create an inclusive culture so I am really pleased that your experience meets our aspirations. Recent events have made us reflect on our progress and we acknowledge that we need to do more. During this challenging time our work community has come together and our people have supported each other in truly heart warming ways. Communication when we are not in our offices can be tricky but like you say we need to work on it and improve it.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company to work for

Jun 10, 2020 - People and Culture in Manchester City Centre, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked at Auto Trader for almost 5 years now and having had a number of roles, I can honestly say that Auto Trader recognises the personal and professional development of their staff and provides all the possible tools to support you. With Diversity and Inclusion being at the heart of the business, it's refreshing to know that i can be my whole, true self at work. Auto Trader recognises everyone's differences and celebrates them all. I can't imagine working anywhere better

Cons

Although i like the fast pace environment and i like change, not everyone might.

Head of People and Culture

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you have been enjoying working with us for five years, you are able to be your true self and develop professionally. Fast paced and ever evolving are definitely characteristics that keep our business successful. But, we always try to find time to relax as well.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A great supportive culture, in a dynamic and fast-paced company

Apr 17, 2020 - Communications Director in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a highly dynamic and collaborative company that fosters true autonomy and responsibility. It acknowledges your skill sets and allows you to develop in a plethora of ways.

Cons

It's extremely fast paced and decisions change constantly, which can be hard for some to manage. But it does mean things get done and the business is constantly moving forwards.

Head of People and Culture

Thank you for your review. We have brilliant people in our teams and trusting them with autonomy and responsibility comes easy. Moving fast and not being afraid to pivot has been key to our success and allows us to keep moving. Glad to hear you are enjoying your time working with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Reviews