Automation Logic Reviews

Updated 3 Mar 2021

4.5
Automation Logic Co-Founders Kris Saxton/Norm Russell (no image)
Kris Saxton/Norm Russell
  1. "Amazing company, amazing people"

Current Employee - Junior Consultant

I have been working at Automation Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

They put people first, process second

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of

"Great opportunity for graduates!"

Current Employee - Graduate Consulting Engineer

I have been working at Automation Logic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learned a huge amount in the academy, had very little experience initially but now feel confident in my DevOps skills. Everyone in the company is really friendly and made me feel welcome. Lots of focus on individual career progression so you can feel assured that you are always building your skills and experience.

Cons

Not really a con but the academy program is intense and required a lot of commitment.

February 3, 2021HR Manager

Hi and thanks so much for your review. We're glad that you feel you have gained so much from joining AL and the Academy and are looking forward to developing your career with us. Great note on the intensity of the Academy programme too. Yes, it is a very intensive training program to take someone - even proven STEM graduates - from no engineering knowledge and turn them into Junior DevOps Engineers in 3 months. It's amazing what you can achieve and a great start to a career but it's challenging, for sure. Thanks again for the review.

3. COVID-19

"Positive supportive, great academy"

Current Employee - Graduate Engineer

I have been working at Automation Logic full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good training and support for personal development - Friendly, open atmosphere, treated like a person the whole time - Very welcoming interview process - Made a lot of effort to support us with remote working during covid

Cons

- Type of work seems to be dependent on client, but thats the nature of consultancy

February 3, 2021HR Manager

Hi, and thank you so much for your review and the advice to management. We're delighted that you enjoyed the Academy and got a lot of out of it. We hope that you're now engaged on a project and putting that learning into practice. Leaving the Academy and joining the wider business is moving from an academic place with lots of clarity and certainty into a business environment where we are required to pivot to support our clients. As you say, it's a big change and this is part of consulting. Sometimes things move at a steady pace for a while after the Academy and other times there will be a project to head straight into. Our job is to help you navigate all those changes and we're sorry if it felt like we didn't have a plan. We did have a plan and maybe we could have communicated progress with it a bit more regularly to remove the sense of uncertainty. Please do contact the HR team directly if you'd like to discuss this more. We're always looking at how to improve the employee experience and would love to hear from you.

4. "Great place to work, would recommend"

Current Employee - Junior Consultant Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Automation Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Love the people I work with - Great work/life balance

Cons

- More exciting projects ( which management is already aware of)

February 3, 2021HR Manager

Hi and thanks for your review. We're glad to hear you love so much about working at AL and yes, one of our key focus areas for this year is ensuring everyone gets to work on a project that is exciting and relevant to their skills development. We regularly measure the employee experience and over the last few years we have driven significant changes in how we hire, onboard, manage, develop, engage and retain our staff. "People Always" is core to our mission. And we'll be measuring how we continue to improve everyone's experience of our client projects too. Thanks again

5. "Good opportunity for DevOps"

Former Employee - Consulting Engineer in London, England

I worked at Automation Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Excellent Grad program - Hire smart people who are interested in learning & developing - Inclusive workplace

Cons

- Not always London based, don't have too much choice in location of work

6. "Suffering from growing pains..."

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Consulting Engineer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Automation Logic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There's an opportunity to make your mark, if you have a compatible approach and share a mindset; The company employs some great people with whom it's been a privilege to work.

Cons

Company has grown in size without having the structure or processes to match; In the rush to rapidly grow and take on a large number of new starters, the company core message and values have been lost; There is definite blind-spot when it comes to recognising and responding to the differences in culture & values and work/life balance for those on-site with clients vs. those working from the office; If everything goes well, it's still got the veneer of a hip and trendy fun young company. It's just that if anything goes wrong, then there are very few safety nets before you suddenly find yourself in the "too difficult to think about" category - and from that point onwards, how things turn out seem to be down to sheer luck.

7. COVID-19

"They really care and look after us - it is like a family"

Current Employee - Consulting Engineer in Exeter, England

I have been working at Automation Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management really look after us including our mental health in thse trying times. Senior people have directly looked after me after I became stressed and depressed dur to health and covid concerns, they regularly tatlk to me and come up with ways you help me. It is pretty amazing. In general the leaders are fantastic inventive clever people, and you can reach out and talk to them directy if you want to. It is fantastic. I saw another review that had a negative view of the leadership, I don't recognise that at all. I've been here for two years and I know the founders well, they've done incredible things to help me when I needed it. Kris and Norm are incredible people and they've picked fantastic people to manage the various parts of the company underneath them. I would trust any of them with anything.

Cons

None come to mind at present.

Continue reading
  8. "Automation Logic based in London UK"

Former Employee - Consulting Engineer in London, England

I worked at Automation Logic full-time

Pros

A Great place to work

Cons

Not really anything bad to say

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Graduate Devops Engineer in London, England

I worked at Automation Logic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great group of people, make you feel part of the company, Strong incentives to learn new skills and advance career, Allot of personal feedback given

Cons

Low initial Wages for starting contract

"not recommended"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Automation Logic full-time

Pros

pay package, work life balance

Cons

political, untrustworthy & dangerous leadership

October 28, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Automation Logic. I’m truly sorry you didn’t have a great experience during your short time here, and it’s true that working at Automation Logic isn’t for everyone. Like all new starters, we are very excited to welcome you to the business and ensure we offer as much support as possible when integrating our new AL members. Change is consistent in our business as we grow and work with different clients therefore, employee wellbeing is incredibly important to us and ensuring all employees enjoy working at Automation Logic and with one another. You have highlighted our pay and work-life balance as a positive which we are extremely proud of, these are just minor things that we consider when we look at employee well-being as a whole. As a company, we invest heavily in this by providing consistent support for all employees, by having regular Manager catch-ups, Care-packages for those that are feeling under the weather and weekly virtual socials during difficult times like this so to ensure all employees are having interaction time and feeling supported. Related to your negative comments on ‘untrustworthy and dangerous leadership’ we work very hard at ensuring all of our leaders at AL support their teams by working with them closely with their career development, work-load, and their well-being. Ensuring they are enjoying the work that they are doing and their time within the business as well as feeling valued and listened to is incredibly important to us. People that join AL, on most occasions are very passionate, keen to progress, learn and upskill themselves and work with our leaders to get the best out of their careers and their own development. Unfortunately, on rare occasions, it is difficult to lead and manage individuals that aren’t open to change and are more used to working independently than in a team collaborative environment. At AL we pride ourselves that all of our employees work with our 4 key values in mind; Collaboration, Humility, Curiosity and Courage. I am more than happy to have a confidential conversation should you wish to raise any further concerns, please feel free to drop me an email. We take feedback very seriously here at AL and ensuring our employees are happy is crucial to us as well as recognising & solving the feedback of those who have sadly left us. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you all the best in your career. Kind regards, Vicky

Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 English Reviews