Automattic Reviews

Found 109 of over 122 reviews

4.3
Automattic CEO Matt Mullenweg
Matt Mullenweg
Pros
  • "The flexibility and autonomy offered is wonderful for achieving a work-life balance optimal for your life(in 8 reviews)

• "Working from home with your home office setup, a lot of benefits, unlimited vacation time(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Not so much a con, but rather a word of caution: remote work is not for everyone(in 7 reviews)

• "had some doubts about my future and/or motivation for Automattic and working from home, since the job that I ended up with was a bit boring(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

28 Apr 2021 - Happiness Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is fully remote and allows you flexibility to schedule your own hours so there is plenty of autonomy. But there is plenty of support and you don't feel isolated. It can feel overwhelming at first but there are plenty of resources and lots of help available.

Cons

Not really a con but there is a lot to learn, a lot going on at any one time, and change happens constantly so it might not be a great fit for everyone.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful fully remote company

15 Nov 2020 - Senior Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote-first; very good internal communication and documentation that supports asynchronous working

Cons

Some toxic aspects to the culture

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Huh

30 Jan 2021 - Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun fun fun fun Fun

Cons

COLD cold cold cold cold

4. 5.0

Supportive, flexible, progressive

6 Jan 2020 - Human Resources Wrangler
      Business Outlook

Pros

So far everyone that I've come across has been really bright, helpful and friendly. There's a lot going on, so there are plenty of opportunities to get involved in interesting work. The distributed style of working is life-changing. It's a company that believes in something.

Cons

It can be a tough transition to distributed work if it's not what you're used to. Even having done a fair amount of working from home and remote working, being full time distributed was a shock to my system. So you have to use all of the support available to you to manage that, especially early on, along with the work itself.

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to work for

27 Jun 2019 - Technical Support Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy going environment, easy to move up if motivated

Cons

Upper management is sometimes hard to get along with

6. 5.0

Mobile Wrangler

12 Sep 2018 - Mobile Wrangler in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best Company I ever worked! Working from home with your home office setup, a lot of benefits, unlimited vacation time. Lots of opportunities to work on projects across the company and expand your impact outside of your direct role. But most important is the people are smart, friendly, supportive and kind. I worked in different environments, startups, big companies, agencies, but Automattic is definitely the best.

Cons

For the first time nothing to write.

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Friendly with Good Intentions

13 Jul 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Every year the entire company flies out to a Grand Meetup for a week, all expenses paid, as well as team meet up. The people are friendly and they care a lot about their employees welfare. Once inside you can see pretty much everything, very transparent and open.

Cons

it can be a difficult job, not everybody is cut out for remote work, and there aren't many junior roles

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

24 Aug 2017 - Happiness Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with Automattic for more than three years and it's a great place to work. I have a lot of flexibility to choose my working hours, the people are terrific, and I've learnt so much.

Cons

It's growing quickly and there are lots of changes.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Working with enterprise VIP clients to keep their sites going

6 Mar 2018 - VIP Developer in Cardiff, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team of deeply knowledgeable individuals. Always feel valued. Able to have a big impact and help make things better for clients. No commuting as fully remote. Set your own hours. Great compensation package.

Cons

Can be hard to remember to take time off.

10. 5.0

Words Aren't Enough

11 Jun 2021 - Developer in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel overwhelmed by how privileged and lucky I am to be working here. I really mean that. I've worked in tech before, but I've never in my life worked at a place that comes close to matching Automattic's level of brilliance. Whether it's the talented colleagues, the incredible benefits, the accessible management, the industry-leading product, you name it, Automattic has it. I can go on and on, but I truly don't know what I can say to sum how thankful I am to be here. I haven't finished my first year here yet, but I hope I can stay at Automattic for a very long time so that I can learn, grow, and do my absolute best to contribute to the company's success and growth.

Cons

I haven't, personally, encountered any cons.

Continue reading