Aver Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Aver Reviews

Updated 25 Mar 2019

3.3
Aver CEO Nick Augustinos (no image)
Nick Augustinos
  1. "professional company"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Aver full-time for more than a year

Pros

team and location, product and market

Cons

HQ management and mentality , changes.

Advice to Management

More trust in branch manager, update mentality and listen.

Aver2019-03-25
  2. "Great company to grow"

I have been working at Aver full-time

Pros

There is always something to do, so you're never bored. All colleagues are insanely intelligent and always willing to help. The new office is really nice. Free snacks, drinks, coffee. Lunch is catered a few times a month. Lots of room for growth since the company is so small.

Cons

Parking downtown can suck, in terms of availability and cost. Can be long hours, which is the case for many other jobs as well.

Aver2018-04-20

April 23, 2018Talent Lead

Thank you for the positive feedback!

"Good Place to Work, Learn, & Grow"

I have been working at Aver full-time for more than a year

Pros

Engaged and committed team from top to bottom; you always know the person next to you will be pushing as hard as you are. Surrounded by smart people. Opportunity to work with new technology There are so many things to do, you can carve out your own space within the company and build a role out of it. In a hot market - medical field, claims processing. Cool downtown office. Flexibility with work hours/location.... Company is very family friendly. As long as you hit your commitments to the team no one is counting hours/micromanaged you. Offers free lunch a few times a month at least

Cons

As we are pushing the 50 employee mark, we are figuring out how to communicate with each other more effectively. Not really a con so much as something to be aware of when joining any company of our size.

Advice to Management

Continue transparency from the board. It has been great to have visibility into funding and sales goals. Continue pushing the company to common goals. We are so much more effective when all departments are driving towards a common goal with clear requirements.

Aver2018-03-05

March 8, 2018Talent Lead

Thank you for the feedback!

4. "Aver"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Aver full-time

Pros

Great people & snacks

Cons

Understanding company strategy and layoffs

Aver2017-11-29

November 30, 2017Talent Lead

Thank you for your feedback. We are continually evaluating the best strategies to take both in the market and internally.

"Company Was Great in the Beginning....No Longer"

I have been working at Aver full-time

Pros

*Work with really intelligent, productive people *Office location

Cons

*Senior management/executive team is a silo with very little communication coming from it. We all had a lot of hope that our ship would turn around after a CEO change in late 2015, but Nick has continued to isolate the leadership team. *Massive layoffs over the past 1.5 years (now including engineers). Losing engineers is never a good sign in a tech company. We also lost a lot of really great talent in 2016... (layoffs and resignations) and while the remaining team does work hard, we still seem to be losing market space. *Uncertain future due to a strategy that continues to change with little evidence that changes are working, stiff competition in a small market, and revolving door of Sales team. *Complete lack of transparency. We are continually told that "everything is fine" and this are startup problems. While this is true to some extent, there is a lot of uneasiness about our current financials and how much longer the company can afford to keep the lights on. Ultimately, there is very little communication (or at least authentic communication) coming from the top. Job security is nonexistent. Team morale is low. There are still awesome people working here, but be wary as it is unclear how much longer this company can survive.

Advice to Management

There are mid-level leaders of teams that refuse to play nicely with others yet they continue to hold positions of power. It's unclear why these toxic leaders are kept in power, especially when it goes against our core values. The lack of transparency is something that continually whittles away at company morale, especially as layoffs and terminations continue to pop up almost every quarter. You have been... asked to satisfy this for almost two years, yet very little has changed in that regard.

Aver2017-12-14

"Excellent case study in squandering an opportunity"

I worked at Aver full-time

Pros

- The common "best engineering team in Columbus" line is probably true - Non-leadership coworkers are awesome! - Interesting problems to work on

Cons

- I never got to work on the interesting problems despite promises that would happen - Leadership felt like an ivory tower after CEO change. What kind of 50-person company should have that? - How is the company only 50 people after years in Columbus if things were/are supposedly improving from a financial standpoint when compensation adjustments were put off repeatedly? - I've never heard of any other company... handling terminations worse than mine was, in any aspect. If you're going to continue culling to this magical 50, maybe figure it out at the very least if you're not going to make changes in leadership? - My last few months I felt that despite being told I could always ask anyone for help, there were some people who were unwilling to help despite their expertise.

Advice to Management

Honestly, nothing I would put in here will matter, if the end of my tenure is any indication.

Aver2017-11-08

November 13, 2017Talent Lead

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I'm sorry that you feel as if you left Aver on a sour note. One of our core values is "No question too small," so it's unfortunate that you feel you couldn't turn to your colleagues for assistance - this isn't representative of the Aver culture at all. We also highly value collaboration, and I'm disappointed to hear you felt that you never got to work on interesting problems. This is surprising, as our team is passionate about working together to solve issues. In regards to your comment about compensation adjustments being put off, I must admit I'm not sure what you're referencing. Aver evaluates all employees' salaries on an annual basis and makes adjustments accordingly. Employees who went above and beyond are also eligible for year-end bonuses. Thank you for the time you spent at Aver. We appreciate the contributions that you made while you were here, and only wish that you felt more positive about your tenure here. Best of luck in the future.

"ZERO job security!"

I worked at Aver full-time

Pros

- Your coworkers are great - The compensation is above average - You might get a happy hour when you are terminated

Cons

- Leadership - Going into work every day not knowing if it will be your last - Just ask them how many employees they have terminated this year alone - They don't care about your personal/family life unless you are leadership or you are on a certain team - The fluffy response this review will get...

Advice to Management

Clearly things are not working, so maybe take a different approach and reconsider your leadership team rather than always chopping from the bottom. Also, try being honest with the rest of the company because most people see right through your facade.

Aver2017-10-27

October 27, 2017Talent Lead

I'm sorry that you think these responses are fluffy, as they're not intended to be - they're supposed to serve as a genuine reply on behalf of the company. We continually hear that people at Aver love their colleagues, and we're fortunate to have a group of such brilliant, dedicated, passionate people at Aver. We absolutely don't play favoritism with teams in terms of work/life balance - everyone is treated with the same respect for their time and family. Family should always be your number one priority, and we think our flexible work schedule (occasional work from home, allowance to be out of office for any kids programs/appointments/etc., no firm time to "clock in" or "clock out") reflects that. Aver leadership is constantly evaluating our approach to the market, and how our products can best serve the industry. We're as honest as possible with the company as a whole, which is why we hold monthly open forum lunches to address company priorities and any questions or concerns that employees may have. As you are a former employee, I want to sincerely thank you for the time you spent at Aver. I am sure the contributions that you made while you were here were immeasurable, and your time as our colleague is appreciated.

"Exciting Place to Be"

I have been working at Aver full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great colleagues - Challenging work - Big market opportunity

Cons

-Overwhelming (at times) -Shifting priorities -Downtown parking

Advice to Management

-Continue to be transparent -Acknowledge successes/accomplishments more

Aver2017-07-21

"Fun, challenging and dynamic"

I have been working at Aver full-time

Pros

There are many positives to working at Aver. Here are a few specific ones that quickly come to mind. First, Aver's employees. We all share the same corporate and cultural goals. We all strive to continually improve. Though it's not from negative motivation, but because we value the company, it's mission, and the culture that we have. I think also it's because we want each other to succeed. So I am doing something... well so that my co-worker who relies on my work will succeed. Speaking of the culture, it's impossible to overstate how uniquely positive it is. We are a collection of diverse styles and tastes but united in building a community on the platform of the work that we are doing together. Negative relating happens, but it's not the norm. There's just no space for it. Communication is king at Aver. Improvement and revising methodologies is common not for political gain like at some other companies, but in an honest attempt to make better how we work. Teamwork is a natural big deal too. Solving problems together is necessary, not some idea that's bandied about to raise morale. The problem domain is challenging. Both in work that we are doing and second, to try and gain traction in an industry with some very well rooted competitors. Senior management has had to make some tough decisions for the success of the company. Though I haven't always "liked" them, I really value it. It communicates to me their commitment to the health and success of the company over all. Last I'll say that I feel like compensation and benefits are great for a start-up/early stage company.

Cons

The journey at times is tough and has required some tough decisions. In all fairness, this is normal for any company. But, with a start-up, it's a little more so. It's hard to get in to the company. Our technical and cultural demands are quite high. Also, it is a small company so career growth is limited. Aver operates in an industry that moves slowly and has some big players. It's tough to bring our... improvements to market.

Aver2017-07-17

"Run, Run Away Fast"

I have been working at Aver

Pros

Some genuinely intelligent team members.

Cons

Lost confidence in leadership by most employees, morale mostly gone. If you want to be treated like child, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

inspire people to follow you, expectations have to be a two way street.

Aver2017-05-21

May 22, 2017Talent Lead

I agree, our team members are one of the best assets of the company. I'm not sure what actions have been taken that cause you to feel as if you're being treated as a child, but can assure you that was never the intent. Our leadership continues to foster a culture of transparency and agrees that all expectations go both ways. If you have ideas or suggestions on how management can continue to achieve and exceed the expectations that are set for the company, please feel free to share them.

Found 29 reviews