Aviva CLAIMS ADVISOR Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mark Wilson
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No professionalism amongst senior management team (in 17 reviews)

• Holiday benefits and work life balance (in 7 reviews)

1. "Returning Employee. Aviva has changed so much!"

Current Employee - CLAIMS ADVISOR in York, England
    Current Employee - CLAIMS ADVISOR in York, England

I have been working at Aviva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruitment process was fair, relaxed and transparent. Whilst I was not successful for the role I had initially applied for, they did what most companies who say they'll keep your cv on file fail to do. They actually contacted me back within days and asked me to come in for an informal chat with a manager about a different role. Aviva seem to bend over backwards to get the right people on board, even if they had been initially unsucessful. The Aviva of 8 or so years ago probably would not have done this.

Whilst a lot of the IT systems are still very much outdated on the front-end, there has been a lot of investment in the few years I have been away to create modern interface tools to simplify the end-user experience. Overall the systems are now about as easy to use as other insurers I have worked with.

There is a lot of flexibility in certain business areas to choose a full-time working pattern that fits with personal/family commitments. Whilst you can still work 9-5 if you choose, you can for instance, choose a pattern of 3 x 12 hour shifts per week, leaving 4 days off. This is pure gold for people with families and seems to be very popular.

There is a big emphasis now on customer experience. Every member of staff has equality of opinion as far as systems and processes go. If you feel something can be done better for the good of the customers, you are actively encouraged to let it be known.

Cons

Naturally due to the size of the company, there are a number of layers to the organisational structure. As such, it can be difficult to see immediate effects of feedback both to and from management. I haven't been back with Aviva to make specific comparisons with prior experience, however it must be said that any huge company will have some communication issues with staff.

Advice to Management

Overall, Aviva is seeing the fruits of sustained efforts over the last 5 or so years to streamline the core business and make themselves easy to deal with.

It was initially difficult to make the choice to apply for a role and come back. The redundancies of 2013 of which I was a part of was not pleasant at the time. But time certainly changes one's perspective and I am glad I have come back. The whole company seems much more positive and forward thinking now, and this is translating into excellent performance results.

My advice to management is do not forget the journey we have been through in the last 5 years. Remember what has now made us the top choice for life and general insurance and keep up the forward momentum we have at present.

2. "Motor Claims Advisor"

Current Employee - CLAIMS ADVISOR in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - CLAIMS ADVISOR in Manchester, England

Pros

Aviva Motor Claims have moved away from being a target driven department to now being 'system thinking'. This has been a good decision giving advisors a lot more control and freedom. Opinions are valued and feedback is constantly asked for. Aviva are always looking for ways and opportunities to grow. Department is now relocating to Perth, Scotland.

Cons

Not every manager grasped the concept of 'system thinking' and would work and expect you to work towards targets.

3. "Claims employee"

Former Employee - CLAIMS ADVISOR in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Former Employee - CLAIMS ADVISOR in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Pros

Great teammates.
    Aviva Fund helps the community by giving back.

Cons

Constant change. Little positive feedback. Reviews focus on negative and not the good work you are doing. Too many processes and procedures slow down the work flow. You push paper. Unrealistic demands and workload.

Advice to Management

Stop micro-managing. Trust your employees.