Aviva Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Customer Service Representative

2.8

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Rolls-Royce of call centers"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bishopbriggs, Scotland
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bishopbriggs, Scotland

I worked at Aviva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary - Starting at £17k, with the opportunity to progress to £22k. No sales targets, just a focus on quality customer service, developing your skills and some stats.

Overtime - Common for time and a half to be offered depending on business needs, also double time available normally after any IT errors or something obscure impacting customers.

Role development opportunities - If you stay with the company you will get opportunities in time to do: coaching and mentoring, training, projects, working groups e,g healthy heroes, up-skilled to multiple products. As well as secondment opportunities including: management, underwriting, fraud investigation, service etc.

Team Leaders - They are consistently helpful; focusing on how you can improve and learn from previous experiences rather than criticism. Keen to help you out with other issues such as HR, annual leave, transfers etc.

Pension - Employers contributions is one of the best I've came across which is up to 14% depending on your contribution.

Discounts - 20% off your first staff policy, then 40% off other policies. You also get a friends and family discount giving them up to 20% off.

Senior Management - They listen and act on feedback whilst balancing business needs, they proactively ask for our feedback to improve the experience for customers and staff. They are honest with us giving us straight answers and saying no with an explanation with why not. They also act in alignment to the company values.

Customer Focus - Business leaders are proactively seeking and developing the customer experience such as dealing with blockage suggesting solutions and improvements and coming up with different ways to do things. Makes your life easier when the company cares about customers.

Weekend shifts - Limited to two every six weeks.

Flexibility - There are options to swap shifts somewhat easily, and annual leave is all digitized so you can see whats available and submit it easily in advance.

Cons

Discrimination - The company has the view that's its acceptable to discriminate in order to become more diverse, this comes in the form of "diversity shortlists" where protected characteristics are factored into if someone gets interviewed. I'd rather an employer who hires on merit rather than diversity.

It's a call center - Personally I find them boring as i'm not challenged enough, i'd rather be on the graduate scheme than on the phones.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, from team leaders all the way to Mark Wilson you've got the right culture, values, vision and actions.

Review the "diversity shortlists" focus on creating an environment which will encourage the diversity you want to see which you largely do rather than taking the sledgehammer approach. James Damore’s memo to Google has the type of solutions which would be more appropriate. At the end of the day you're running a business not a focus group.

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norwich, England

I worked at Aviva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good ground level colleagues. Good culture and "values". Decent pay.

Cons

Team Leaders not interested in actually supporting you. No clear pathway unless you're "in" with the management.

Advice to Management

You claim you care about wellbeing, but do nothing to actually support or understand. Work with people to coach them.

"My experience"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sheffield, England
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Aviva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are sometimes annual bonuses but these aren't particularly large.

Cons

Staff who are good at their jobs do the most work and get little recognition. 'Stretching yourself' means going far beyond your job title and not being paid for it.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more room for advancement.

"Awful"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norwich, England

I worked at Aviva (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice building, apart from that nothing.

Cons

poor management, poor pay, poor people, poor treatment.

Advice to Management

Pay more

"Sexist, Discriminate, Cruel."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bristol, England
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bristol, England

Pros

None, they make out they care, they do not.

Cons

I am not usually one to write a bad review about a company, but I don't want this to happen again. To anyone.
    When I started work here, it was perfect, they had told me how caring and great they were and it seemed so at first.
    Until A) my "manager" decided he did not like me. And B) they decided I was too much hard work with my disability.
    I was taken from on warnings or meetings to outright dismissal, for a load of ridiculous reasons that my team leader had pulled out of thin air.
    I was told the day before I went on holiday, to be fired the day I came back. Absolutely awful.
    The middle management is a joke. My manager didn't even know how to do my job, yet was meant to lead us.
    The team was lead by another colleague who was not meant to and was not paid to.
    I am not the only one mistreated by this manager, who became a manager by accident because the old one left. He was not and is not fit for this role.
    I feel like I have been discriminated against, and treated extremely unfairly.
    I am afraid I CANNOT recommend that anyone works here.
    Even worse if you are female or disabled.

Advice to Management

Sort out your middle management.

6. "Previous job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Stevenage, England
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Stevenage, England

Pros

Worked here many years ago. Good social environment.

Cons

Becoming more corporate and controlled as time goes by.

Advice to Management

Make the most of opportunities to promote internally.

7. "Not good experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Aviva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Environment is toxic in disguise.

Cons

No work life balance, colleagues vulgar and uncooperative while manager can't keep them in control.

8. "Where to start"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Galway (Ireland)
    Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Galway (Ireland)

I have been working at Aviva as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The people working here are some of the nicest you will meet.

Cons

time off is never available,
    often looked down on by people from head office,
    high turnover of staff,
    not sufficient training or support,
    not able to effectively impliment a growth plan taking all areas of the business into consideration.

Advice to Management

Hire more people and move away from the pay progression model you have

9. "Nice people, Good work life balance."

Former Intern - Customer Service Representative III in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Aviva as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance, with flexitime. Nice sociable people. Well subsidised canteen. And encourages team events, work events etc very well.

Cons

Very big so can feel anonymous. Work can be boring, repetitive and routine (probably because of the department I worked in though)

Advice to Management

Encourage some Learning/Career Progression/Courses for the staff as it can be easy just to work like a lemming in that environment when you have routine tasks. And not learning anything new becomes boring very fast. Good market presence, of which a lot of can be attributed to the management I think.