Axiall Employee Reviews about "low morale"

Updated 9 Dec 2015

3.3
Axiall Interim President and CEO Timothy Mann (no image)
Timothy Mann
Pros
Cons
  • "99% of upper management has never worked anywhere else and they are a bunch of old school folks(in 8 reviews)

• "Low morale felt across the company(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "low morale"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Making changes but has A LONG way to go"

1.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Axiall full-time

Pros

Increasing employment diversity Hiring more young talent Pays well at the corporate level Making changes. For example, corporate events, leadership changes, jean days on Friday.

Cons

Hierarchal Old school mentality in upper management Low morale felt across the company Limited work life balance/flexibility High stress A lot of throwing people under the bus to protect oneself Limited investment in talent Inadequate talent in some departments. A lot of figuring things out for yourself Company culture is lagging compared to other companies

Axiall Response

June 27, 2016Axiall Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your work experience at Axiall. Hiring and retaining top talent is a priority, and we are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment. Our goal is to provide all employees with an engaging culture and a dynamic, empowering workplace in which they can learn, lead and succeed.

"Not for Engineers"

2.0
    Chemical Engineer in Lake Charles, LA

I worked at Axiall for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly people, competitive base salaries, large group of young professionals, active in the community.

Cons

Top heavy organization with a largely inexperienced/unqualified group of managers, poor maintenance planning and even worse plant reliability, extremely low morale, and even lower retention of both salary & hourly employees. There is heavy focus on training engineers to be front-line supervisors. The majority of engineers hired are placed in "Operations Supervisor" roles where they will issue safe work permits, write maintenance notifications, and order office supplies and toilet paper. There is little development (and jobs) for engineers seeking a more technical track. The inexperienced management leads to improperly planned turnarounds, major loss of production, and multiple environmental impacts. This results in virtually no bonus pay outs. A major organizational restructure took place in early 2015 which resulted in tripling the number of management positions to be filled with people who were hand picked based on their ability to hold a conversation at cocktail parties - not by experience in applicable units or by proof of ability. Pay is competitive for engineers but that cannot be said for operations and maintenance. There is little to no direction for the company let alone the plant.

Continue reading

3. "Great potential and sales pitch, but ulitmately a very disappointing place to work."

2.0
    Current Employee - Maintenance Planner in Lake Charles, LA

I have been working at Axiall full-time for more than a year

Pros

For the most part, almost everyone is very friendly and willing to help with anything. This company has alot of potential for future growth and is involved with many community charities.

Cons

The salaries do not come close to matching the work load. Not only are the salaries well below industry average, but there is often alot of overtime involved for which you are not compensated. The life/work balace is heavily tilted toward the work side. The facilities and infastructure are in disrepair and very poor condition. A very low morale from the employees plays a large role with the condition of the facility, as they know they can easily make 25 - 40% more, across the road for another company.

Axiall Response

June 15, 2015Vice President, Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback. Our goal is to provide a pleasant work environment and competitive compensation and benefits. We are aware other companies in different industries in the area may offer more competitive compensation and benefits packages. However, we feel Axiall offers work/life balance by providing flexible hours, including a 9/80 schedule. We also regularly review all benefits and compensation against market to maintain a competitive total rewards package. We have and will continue to significantly invest in maintenance. However, all maintenance cannot be done simultaneously, but we are prioritizing the needs and being as proactive as we can. We value our employees, and we are continuing to develop our leaders and enhance our corporate culture.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.