Axiall Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 25 Jan 2016

3.3
Axiall Interim President and CEO Timothy Mann (no image)
Timothy Mann
Pros
Cons
  • "99% of upper management has never worked anywhere else and they are a bunch of old school folks(in 8 reviews)

• "Low morale felt across the company(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best place I've ever worked."

5.0
     in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Axiall

Pros

In a career spanning more than a decade, Axiall is the place where I've been happiest. Yes, it's a newer company, so of course the culture is still a work in progress -- but executive leadership is really wonderful and the company is on the right track. I've worked at the Atlanta corporate headquarters for more than three years, and each year has only gotten better. There are so many opportunities for high performers to grow here (the key is, you must be a high performer.) Management is incredibly supportive of work/life balance, and salaries are good. Do people complain, as another reviewer noted? Of course they do! There are complainers in any company, and many people naturally wish they didn't have to work at all. That doesn't mean the company is a bad place to work. Also, "bonuses" are just that -- a bonus given when the company, business unit and individual perform above expectations. Bonuses are not something any of us are entitled to. The new (mid-year 2015) CEO is someone I have the utmost respect for and confidence in as a leader. I really can't say enough about how happy I am at Axiall, and I believe the future of the company and its dedicated, high-performing employees is bright.

Cons

IT/IS support and structure needs some work. Wish there was an HRA option in the benefits package for corporate employees.

Continue reading

June 27, 2016Axiall Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback. We're so happy to hear that your experience at Axiall continues to be a positive one! Our goal is to provide a dynamic and enjoyable work environment as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We regularly review all benefits and compensation against the market to maintain a competitive total rewards program.

2. "So Far So Good...."

5.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Axiall full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, everyone is positive, helpful and have a great team work mentality. There is a great work life balance, great pay and benefits.

Cons

No Cons to include at this time

August 24, 2015Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback, and we are pleased to hear you are enjoying your experience at Axiall.

"Great People, Bad Leadership"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Axiall full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work/Life Balance and great people

Cons

No internal promotions Managers lacking management training

June 15, 2015Director, Talent Acquisition & Organizational Development

We agree we do have a team of excellent people. Our goal is to continue to develop our leaders and to promote a positive work environment. We have also implemented comprehensive talent review and succession planning processes that will help us to ensure more internal promotions and developmental movement opportunities occur across the organization.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.