61% would recommend to a friend
(2648 total reviews)
72% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "There is a good pay and flexible for university" (in 236 reviews)
- "The people I worked with were great and made it nicer to come to work." (in 176 reviews)
- "Staff are friendly and always know how to have a good laugh so there's always plenty of banter instore." (in 175 reviews)
- "Very diverse job; colleagues are great." (in 129 reviews)
- "20% DISCOUNT and flexible hours" (in 82 reviews)
- "some of the management is poor and act like they're better than the customer advisors." (in 223 reviews)
- "Managers do not own up to their mistakes unethical dismissals and informal actions and they decide to do what ever they want" (in 125 reviews)
- "No training and are expected to know loads about the products straight away and called an expert!" (in 51 reviews)
- "Constructive dismissal, bullying, corruption, mental breakdown, unfair dismissal, corporate discrimination." (in 34 reviews)
- "No work life balance" (in 28 reviews)
Found 2,648 of over 3K reviews
Updated 5 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.030 Nov 2023Retail Assistant - Till StaffFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLincoln, England
Very friendly staff. Enjoyed my time working there
Rude customers but you get used to it
- 2.017 Nov 2023Sales AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 year
- Nice to have contact with the customers - most collegeas are nice
- Training is unprofessional, other than online hardly anything - Had to train other people in my 2nd week working there. - They have a policy that you can't be sick more than 6 days in 18 months. The UK national AVG is currently 7.8 days and pre-Covid it was 5.8 days per year. Their target is It's unrealistic and they have no empathie on reasons why you are sick. BTW I had 6 days for the year. - Team Leaders are unprofessional in the way they talk to staff, very rude and condescending. No coaching at all. - Almost always understaffed
- 3.04 Dec 2023Sales AssistantFormer EmployeeBolton, England
Great work colleagues, and great to work with the public.
Managment all over the place, and can't do their job properly. Expect your shifts to get changed last minute, with no notice.
- 3.05 Dec 2023Shop AssistantFormer EmployeeMargate, England
Colleagues are like family if you’re lucky
Pay really needs improving and self check out tills need to be abolished
- 4.030 Nov 2023Shop Floor AssistantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearDartford, England
A great place for students to learn DIY and valuable customer service and social skills, with a great range of personalities and work/skill opportunities, always shifts available at weekends
I personally had issues with constantly working lates despite asking not to
- 1.021 Nov 2023Kitchen Sales ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBristol, England
Discount and clearances items and the staff
If your late by a minute or two you need to make up 15 minutes for HR not to flag. If your sick three times in a 9 month period your under investigation. This also includes child care and children being ill. When question why they were ill the advice was give them to family to take care off when I have no family in the area.
- 4.01 Dec 2023Kitchen DesignerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBedford, England
Project management and working with customers is rewarding.
Design tools might not be the best in the industry.
- 2.027 Nov 2023Customer AssistantFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsGlasgow, Scotland
Has a vending machine in the break room
Your age is a big factor in your treatment by management, regardless of your experience.
B&Q Reviews FAQs
B&Q has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 2,762 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at B&Q to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
61% of B&Q employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated B&Q 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.