BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Reviews

Updated 17 Sep 2019

Found 645 reviews

3.2
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence CEO Julian Cracknell (no image)
Julian Cracknell
  1. Featured Review

"A Line Manager and Leadership Team that Walks the Talk"

Current Employee - Senior Presales Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence full-time for less than a year

Pros

The APAC Pre-sales team are awesome to work with. A great team of really smart people with diverse and interesting backgrounds all coming together to add real value in their own way.

Cons

Tough to get consistent clarity and deliver to customers what they need. Short staffed in Services and Delivery and sometimes a Sales Force that lives to divide and conquer in order to hurry up and wait. Its not efficient and causes rifts. The Melbourne Office is OLD, DRAB, TIRED, DIRTY and completely at odds with an environment that you want to get up to every day. It really is sad and in my onion embarrassing... to bring clients in to the foyer. NEEDS ATTENTION

Advice to Management

Really promote flexible work life balance and truly support it. We are a world leading solution provider and yet we still expect people to be tied to their desks. Thankfully I have a Manager that walks this talk and allows me that freedom but many others aren't. Give Sales Teams mandatory extensive best in class Sales Training that aligns with BAE strategies and includes product summary training. Arm them with the... tools that will make them more than just Sales People but true account PARTNERS -

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence2019-06-03
  2. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Business Consultant in London, England

I worked at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been worked at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence full-time for 2 years. I the company was amazing! They fully supported me and helped my transition form the public sector tot he private sector.

Cons

Working on client side detaches you from your base company but that is all being part of a consultant.

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence2019-09-15
  3. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Work/Life balance Helpful and friendly colleagues Excellent benefits Lots of Kit Kat and fruits

Cons

Lack of projects for graduates

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence2019-09-17

"If you want a promotion, forget it. Look elsewhere."

Current Employee - Data Scientist

I have been working at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence full-time

Pros

Interesting work Good place to learn if you're a graduate (if you're on the right project)

Cons

The company do not value you at all. The promotions process is a overblown, nonsensical farce. In order to get promoted you have to provide a thesis worth of evidence that you are ready for promotion, far more than an external hire would have to do to get the same position. Even when you meet all requirements you still get the same bull from management such as "We agree you are promotion ready but we currently don't... have enough promotion slots." Senior management is an absolute joke.

Advice to Management

Sort out the promotions process! Value your staff.

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence2019-09-13
  5. "Several benefits but also several drawbacks"

Current Employee - Accountant in Guildford, England

I have been working at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance is very good here - flexibility is great. The MD at BAE AI is good. Most offices are modern.

Cons

Pay is below average, senior staff are very laissez-faire and do not seem to care for their staff, progression is often hard to come by.

Advice to Management

Focus more on staff morale as the low motivation seems to bring work quality down.

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence2019-09-12
  6. "Large company with opportunity to move around."

Current Employee - Infrastructure Architect in Guildford, England

I have been working at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As part of the larger BAE there are a great number of opportunities to progress or move around.

Cons

From time to time corporate restructuring takes its toll if you are unlucky with the department you are in.

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence2019-08-16
  7. "Great placement opportunity"

Former Employee - Graduate Mechanical Engineer in Chelmsford, England

I worked at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexi-time, company rental car, Friday half-day

Cons

Graduate options were quite limited.

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence2019-08-14

"Had it, lost it..."

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Free coffee. Many of the rank and file staff are huge intellects and talents and great to work with. Some great customers. Still has the ability to attract talent because of the BAE name and the above factors.

Cons

Is determined to become a top down managed SI on the engineering side and centralise power where possible. Shocking IT and central services being delivered by capable people amply demonstrates the preference for management over empowerment. When they said training wasn't cancelled they meant the mandatory ethics training.

Advice to Management

Stop bringing in outsiders that agree with your view of the problem. The insiders know what the problems are and need your support.

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence2019-09-08
  9. "Limitless opportunities for those who try"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in London, England

Pros

Incredible opportunities to take leadership positions informally and formally from a very early stage, great exposure with clients and challenges if you seek them. Reasonable work life balance.

Cons

Due to nature of a large organisation, too few people end up doing all the internal initiatives and the less proactive are not strongly encouraged to engage. Lack of close working teams if not on project and sometimes unclear accountability.

Advice to Management

Make leadership more visible day to day. Without micromanaging, ensure that offices have clear structure and visible leadership at all levels.

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence2019-08-01
  10. "OK"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Guildford, England

I worked at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredibly talented colleagues in engineering teams

Cons

Questionable senior management / leadership team

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence2019-08-14